PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy - A Learning experience

profitofrage
2011-06-19, 10:34 PM
You were brought by hovercraft from your precinct office to the highest peaks of the Hive. Towering above the vast billions that toiled below you were lead by armed guards into the belly of a Military bastion.
Soon you found yourself in a command room of some sort, a finely clothed figure checking over various maps, documents and holodisplays even as you entered.
The large golden Inquisitional -I- that adorned his robes confirmed that this larger then life figure was Indeed the Inquisitor you had been told had sent for you.
The man was tall, sharp faced and bore a long winding scar down from the top of his eye to the bottom of his chin. His augmetic eye lay between the scar and it flashed a soft red as it looked over you.
"Ah..Im glad you arrived Arbitrator, Ive heard many good things about you" He said the various other assorted scribes, tacticians and guards in the room shuffling off to complete other works.

meeting an Inquisitor is usually how most DH campaigns start, though you may not meet the inquisitor personally, rather an acolyte or prime. In any case :P you can make a post and roll a 1d100 to test charm (fellowship) to likewise make a good first impression.

Honikan
2011-06-19, 10:54 PM
"Good afternoon, Inquisitor." Zarkov bows, checking the safety on his Autogun as he does so. "To what reason do you owe me the pleasure of meeting you? I must admit, I had not expected to be knocked out to be travelled here. However, I can understand concerns for safety and secrecy, as you hold such power in your judgement." As Zarkov says the world judgement, it is noticeable that he relishes the term. He keeps his distance, gauntleted hands held together behind his back, staring with his strong, blue eyes at the Inquisitor in reverence.

Charm (Fel)
[roll0] vs 18

profitofrage
2011-06-19, 11:26 PM
The Inquisitor shakes his head and lets out a chuckle.
"Ah yes...dont worry to much about all that, standard procedure..though you will of course be compensated for such inconveiniences." He moved out from behind the large desk containing the various documents he had been looking through and exchanged a tight gripped handshake.
"I can see your a man for the job, A military man like myself, a proper tall standing man." he said standing back with that same drill like stance.
"Tell me, whats your experience?"

Honikan
2011-06-20, 09:48 AM
He raises an eyebrow at the Inquisitor's comment on standard procedure, but immediately is surprised by the firm handshake. It snaps him back to an orderly posture. "I have seen my fair share or mutants, and performed my duty in many a battle. I, as you well know, am the head Arbitrator of my team of Enforcers on my home planet, Rejuna VI. We had been hunting down the menace, and corruption for 42 years now, and I am quite proud of my team. However, my Enforcers, should I leave, will be left in the hands of my siblings. My brother is a fellow Arbitrator, and my sister, a trained Sister of Battle." He pauses for a moment."May I ask why I was chosen to come here. Or possibly more important, what is it that you wish me to do for you my Lord?" Zarkov felt as though the 'Lord' was necessary, as no Inquisitor would request the presence of a lowly law officer unless he was to be bound to the Inquisitor.

Honikan
2011-06-21, 11:23 PM
Bumpity bump. Everything alright?

profitofrage
2011-06-21, 11:31 PM
ooc:
Im pulling night shifts at the moment and my DMing skills are indeed suffering for it. I will still be posting though.

"A man of experience...thats what we need" The Inquisitor said before reaching back to the desk picking up a data slate.
Im Conducting a rather exhaustive investigation of this Hive..Indeed the corruption and heresy in this hive is well concealed and will take much effort to dig up" He said getting more serious now.
"However....I am no fool...where I tread heresy hides its best...thats why I need men like you. Men who can help me achieve my goals in a far more discreet and deniable manor." He said passing you the Data Slate.

"The Merchant families of the middle hive are crucial to this hives operations in fullfilling the Tithe. However there starting to favor trade with certain rebellious factions under the table...Suffice to say there failure is not that there traitors..but rather they are simply succumbing to outside pressure. Daughters and sons of Merchant houses have been going missing. It will be your job to track them down, or at the least find out whats happened to them"

Honikan
2011-06-23, 01:14 AM
Zarkov took the data plate, eying it for a moment."May I ask what this contains, my Lord?"He asked as he pocketed the data slate inside his coat pocket. He opened a small flap inside the left side of the red jacket, the tassels on the shoulder getting slightly upset, as the tail of the uniform flicked out. Underneith the jacket reveiled a sword at his left waist, and a flack armor suit, strait from military order, the dark green panels marked up with white paint and blood. He closed his jacket."I understand my Lord. Your wishes shall be carried out, as the law follows me, and I embody the law. I live only to serve the Emperor." He recited as he layer his hand on a small book on his belt labeled: Lex Imperialis. "And how or where do you wish me to begin, my Lord?"