PDA

View Full Version : Our little pet monstrosities!

Halae
2011-06-20, 07:35 AM
Alright, i was discussing with a friend about rust monsters when I remembered that level 1 of the Beast Heart Adept prestige class allows you to treat aberrations and magical beasts as animals for Handle Animal. This instantly got me thinking about getting a rust monster larva, since you can now rear them like animals. I'd call it Fido :smallcool:

What other interesting 1-2 magical beasts and aberrations do you think would be really cool to raise like this? This is all theoretical, so put in all the cheese you want

Quietus
2011-06-20, 07:40 AM
Hydras have their 2 intelligence, so you can already do this with them - even without special prestige classes, just taking a penalty on Handle Animal.

Halae
2011-06-20, 07:41 AM
ture, but this lets you do it to aberrations as well, which is what makes the rust monster idea viable, and it eliminates the penalty, which is always nice

Rhaegar14
2011-06-20, 08:17 AM
Get a pet Gibbering Mouther. Freak people out with it. Boom.

Grommen
2011-06-20, 10:04 AM
I would want a Pet Roc.

big teej
2011-06-20, 10:39 AM
Kython....

love those lil buggers.

failing that

Graboids, Shriekers, and @$$-Blasters

OR A HEADCRAB :smallbiggrin:

hedy? hedy lammarr where are you?!

mootoall
2011-06-20, 04:32 PM
I would want a Pet Roc.

I think I'm qualified to give you a cookie for that.

holywhippet
2011-06-20, 06:59 PM
This class feature is ripe for abuse with some help from the feeblemind spell. You can only do a handle animal on magical beasts and aberrations with a INT stat of 1 or 2. But feeblemind drops the victim's INT to 1 making the target viable for animal handling. Want a pet mimic? You're in luck.

Come to think of it, is there anything stopping you from using this ability on a purple worm? Sadly, tarrasque's are out since they have an INT of 3 and an immunity to ability damage.

Halae
2011-06-20, 07:08 PM
Come to think of it, is there anything stopping you from using this ability on a purple worm? Sadly, tarrasque's are out since they have an INT of 3 and an immunity to ability damage.

There's nothing stopping you.

Also, he's not immune to ability drain :smallcool:

Of course, you'd have to figure out how to get a baby tarrasque in order to rear it, and that would be an absolutely ungodly skill DC, but hey, if you can do it, more power to you.

holywhippet
2011-06-20, 07:54 PM
I thought there was no such thing as a baby tarrasque - the creature (when it reappears) comes back fully grown I'd assumed.