PDA

View Full Version : [Type]Kindled

Cipher Stars
2011-06-20, 05:37 PM
Kindled

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/LovexIsxLost/Characters/Anime/beauty.jpg

Kindled is a Type gained from templates, or race. They are creatures imbued with an overwhelming essence of life, and as such share many similarities with undead. Minus the fact of course, that undead are dead. They're bodies are pure, hyper-functional compared to standard life having immune systems that shrug off the most lethal of poisons, and a life force that thwarts the most potent death magics. This can be due to a glitch in the Life chain, or perhaps hidden strands of divine blood that while not enough to make them Demigod, it does make them "Kindled". Kindled are born the way they are, or are given the gift through divine grace.

Features: Kindled have the following features, class abilities may override if more then given:
12-sided Hit Dice.
Base attack bonus equal to 1/2 total Hit Dice (as wizard).
Good Will saves.
Skill points equal to (6 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.

Traits: Kindled possess the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry):
See In Dark ability as Devils, but doesn't effect magical darkness.
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, Death effects (Such as Slay Living) and mind-affecting spells and abilities (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
Not subject to nonlethal damage, or negative levels. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects. Like any other living creature, Kindled are harmed by negative energy and healed by positive energy, and are still subject to energy drain (that doesn't target physical ability scores).
Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save, except for non-physical energy drain attacks. (this is due to a vitality exceedingly pure and overflowing)
Not at risk of death from massive damage, and remains conscious until -9hp.
Evil clerics can turn or destroy Kindled creatures as good clerics turn or destroy undead. Good clerics and paladins can rebuke, command, or bolster Kindled creatures as evil clerics rebuke, command, or bolster undead.
Kindled creatures gain the same benefits from consecrate and hallow as undead do from desecrate and unhallow, and they are hindered by desecrate and unhallow as undead are by consecrate and hallow. Deathwatch reveals Kindled and allow the caster to distinguish Kindled creatures from among others. Evil casters can be stunned by overwhelming auras of Kindled creatures as good casters can be stunned by overwhelming undead auras. Kindled are healed by disrupt undead and damaged by unholy water, as undead are damaged by disrupt undead and damaged by holy water.
Kindled need minimal maintenance, they can go 5x the normal to determine how often they need to eat or breath, and need only one nights sleep a week, and a simple eight hours of rest to regain spellcasting.
Kindled do not age, and can live indefinitely so long as they are not killed off by accident or murder.
All Kindled have fast healing 1 that is always in effect unless brought to zero in an Unhallowed area. If killed outside of an Unhallowed area, they appear dead for 1 minute per point of hp loss after -9 at which time they regain fast healing, remaining unconscious until they are healed to 1+ hp. A Kindled always knows if its entering/in an unhallowed area.

LOTRfan
2011-06-20, 05:52 PM
... So, this is basically the Deathless type? :smallconfused:

Cipher Stars
2011-06-20, 05:53 PM
... So, this is basically the Deathless type? :smallconfused:

Look harder, Opposite spectrum abilities are gained due to overwhemling life force, rather then a non existent one.
I was just going to add fluff after I fixed format a bit.

LOTRfan
2011-06-20, 05:54 PM
Alright, I guess I should have waited longer for the fluff, then. :smallredface:

EDIT: Perhaps I'm just slow, but I fail to see any mechanical difference bwtee Deathless and Kindled except for the vulnerability to energy drain. I'm away from my books, though, so could you point out the different for me? :smallredface:

Cipher Stars
2011-06-20, 06:05 PM
Fluff added fixed a few things in the Traits.

and No I can't, I don't really know what Deathless does. But feel free to Copy them both and compare.

Moose Man
2011-06-20, 06:18 PM
Pic makes me wanna read this. feedback later.

LOTRfan
2011-06-20, 06:36 PM
I'm looking at the type now, and there are a few minor differences (namely, Kindled eat, drink, sleep, have a Constitution score, are affected by energy drain attacks, always have fast healing, and has an extra two skill points). I'd like to apologize for my previous comment, and any complaints are withdrawn. :smallsmile:

InaVegt
2011-06-20, 06:41 PM
This is either a Type, or the Features need to go. Other than that, looking good.