PDA

View Full Version : Canine RPG systems. Rules sites?

101jir
2011-06-20, 09:09 PM
OK, so I do internet searches for wolf based RPG systems (much easier if the system already exists than trying to convert it into Fudge or D20 system:smallyuk:). Problem is, I find numerous games where people seem to know the rules, but I can't find any instructions for how these systems work. Are these people probably just doing free form, or am I just missing somthing? Is there any existing canine based RPG systems out there? I would think with the number of fans out there of wolf stuff there would be, but maybe not, who knows? Any sites you can direct me to that at least name an available system?

Anxe
2011-06-21, 12:47 AM
Dawg the RPG by Kenzer and Co. The system is based around being pets or wild dogs in an area with people. It can easily be adapted for wolves.

http://www.kenzerco.com/index.php?cPath=25_97

Totally Guy
2011-06-21, 01:40 AM
Burning Wheel has great wolves as a fully statted out race. They're in the monster burner but intended as a player race. It's a heavy game but there's a PDF of the basic rules (minus all the subsystems) on their main page.

Cat by John Wick is about house cats. But it's light, downloadable and probably hackable to dogs to some degree.

101jir
2011-06-21, 04:11 PM
Burning Wheel has great wolves as a fully statted out race. They're in the monster burner but intended as a player race. It's a heavy game but there's a PDF of the basic rules (minus all the subsystems) on their main page.

Cat by John Wick is about house cats. But it's light, downloadable and probably hackable to dogs to some degree.

Maybe. Better than trying to use D20 or Fudge anyway. THX.

Dawg the RPG by Kenzer and Co. The system is based around being pets or wild dogs in an area with people. It can easily be adapted for wolves.

http://www.kenzerco.com/index.php?cPath=25_97

Nice, this should help out a lot! I am still open to other systems that might work out better, but this should make an excellent backup.

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-06-21, 05:30 PM
All I can think of is Werewolf: the Forsaken, but that's really probably not what you're looking for.

101jir
2011-06-21, 07:22 PM
All I can think of is Werewolf: the Forsaken, but that's really probably not what you're looking for.

No, not exactly. THX for bringing it up though:smallsmile:

Greylond
2011-06-23, 07:31 PM
I'll second Dawg the RPG. I've run a couple of one shots using it. It's fun!