PDA

View Full Version : What is Zin-Carla?

Flame of Anor
2011-06-21, 02:03 AM
Let me tell you this, first: reading Homeland was my first ever introduction to the world of D&D. I was familiar with the general idea of fantasy from Lord of the Rings, and I had heard of D&D, but this was the very first time I encountered the world itself. I will restrain myself from reminiscing overmuch about how I read The Dark Elf Trilogy over several nights at a friends' house with Wolgemut (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wolgemut&aq=f) playing in the background.

But anyway, if you've read Exile, you know that the special ritual of Zin-Carla is pretty important. My question: what is it, mechanically? It's got to be something from an actual D&D edition (well, I'll be disappointed if it isn't). I'm guessing 2e, but I don't know, and I'm not familiar with 2e. Can someone explain? Thanks!

Alleran
2011-06-21, 02:29 AM
I think the Zin-carla template was detailed in one of the FR books for 3rd edition. In 2nd edition, it was a 7th level Necromancy spell. You might want to check Faiths and Pantheons - the 3e version should be in there.

arguskos
2011-06-21, 05:14 AM
I think the Zin-carla template was detailed in one of the FR books for 3rd edition. In 2nd edition, it was a 7th level Necromancy spell. You might want to check Faiths and Pantheons - the 3e version should be in there.
Faiths and Pantheons page 184, to be specific.

hamishspence
2011-06-21, 06:49 AM
And for those who want to use it in 3.5, the Player's Guide to Faerun web enhancement has a 3.5 update for monsters in most of the 3.0 Faerun splatbooks- including Faiths & Pantheons.

Flame of Anor
2011-06-22, 12:41 AM

Great, thanks.