PDA

View Full Version : Current character - suggestions/critique welcome

Gwendol
2011-06-21, 03:28 AM
Here's a character I'm having a lot of fun with lately and I've finally got some ideas on how to develop him. Decided to test him here in the Playground.

Goliath Monk 2/Cleric 2/Dungeon crasher Fighter 2/Cleric X/? Y

Cleric domains: Travel & Strength (Cleric of Kavaki)

Feats:
Level 1: Power attack
Flaw: Improved natural weapon
Monk bonus 1: Improved grapple
Monk bonus 2: Combat reflexes
Level 3: Improved Bull Rush
Fighter Bonus 1: Knockback
Fighter Bonus 2: -- (traded for ACF)
Level 6: ? Considering Flying Kick (OA) for double UA damage on charge
Level 9: Shock trooper

It is unlikely the character will be progressed beyond level 12, but not impossible.

Right now he is level four and uses divine magic to bolster his lousy AC, oil of shillelagh to boost damage of his large quarterstaff (dealing damage like gargantuan +1 weapons). Adding the fighter levels will let him wield Kavaki's favored weapon: the Greatclub, and start pushing smaller creatures around, crushing them against walls, walking through doors, etc. After that I will essentially only be piling on caster levels

I think the dungeon crasher/knockback combo is so fitting for the Goliath and would recommend it for any and all Goliath builds. For this character I have in mind a tribe spiritual guide and chief councelor: therefore unarmored and (more or less) unarmed. Yet among the puny humans he is still a force to be reckoned with.

My question is if there are other feats to consider (for levels 6-9)? One idea is to forego shock trooper for something that gives more attacks, or take improved sunder and combat brute for levels 6&9.

Another question is wether the double damage of flying kick can be combined with a shock trooper charge?

Gwendol
2011-06-21, 10:11 AM
Let me pose a different question then:
Considering the above build which route is likely to work "best" (in terms of feat synergies): (flying kick) Shock trooper OR Imp. Sunder-Combat brute

considering Imp. Bull rush - Knockback is already in place?