PDA

View Full Version : Solo Holy Crusade IC

mrcarter11
2011-06-21, 10:42 AM
Gabriel had strode into the clearing with a purpose. This people were known allies of the raiders who had attacked and burned the farm. And now he would seek vengeance on them. The four of them instantly became aware of his presence, and stood to fight him. A single one of them, a big and burly type. Holding an axe in each hand stepped closer to Gabriel as if to challenge him first.

Go ahead and roll initiative.. Sadly I'm about to leave for the day, so I shall see you later.

Hemnon
2011-06-21, 10:53 AM
Gabriel, with his wings covered with a cape and his sword and shield in hand, points at the challenging guy with the tip of his sword.

''Tell me where your raider-friends are hiding and i will be merciful...''

Initiative:rolled in OOC

mrcarter11
2011-06-22, 07:19 AM
Sitting on a set of rocks behind his other three allies, the leader of this grouping speaks.

"If you want anything from me, your gonna have to force it out of me. And these three friends of mine here, are meant to stop that from happening.

With that said, the burly axe man, takes a running charge at you swinging an axe as he goes.

Attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Hemnon
2011-06-22, 07:59 AM
Gabriel retaliates, while his injury boosts his aim and strength.

Attack: [roll0]
damage [roll1]

mrcarter11
2011-06-22, 08:04 AM
The axeman rears back and swings again, this time both his axes come down upon you.

Attack 1 [roll0]
Damage 1 [roll1]

Attack 2 [roll2]
Damage 2 [roll3]

Hemnon
2011-06-22, 08:23 AM
The axeman's continous strike's keeps fueling gabriels counterstrikes with dicine guidance. gabriel swings his weapon back at the enemy with the maneuver of the crusader's strike (uses THAT maneuver).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damage: [roll1]
(made a typo before, damage bonus is +7 not +8)

if attack hits: [roll2]
heals that amount.

mrcarter11
2011-06-22, 08:28 AM
Gabriel's strike is savage enough to kill the axeman and send him to the ground. As he falls, another man this one wielding a single blade steps forward to continue the fight.

Ini [roll0]

OOC: Hemmon, you get to act before this guy regardless. So act again.

Hemnon
2011-06-22, 08:50 AM
as the new foe step up, gabriel switches to a new stance and charges right for him (charging minotaur)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

stance-activated charging Bullrush; rolled in OOC (does not provoke AoO's)

if i win the str check: [roll0] bludgeoning damage to badguy

mrcarter11
2011-06-22, 08:55 AM
As you charge and smash into your more agile opponent, he swings his blade back around and assumes a stance of his own. His attack is lightning fast and precise, the blade aiming for you heart.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Hemnon
2011-06-22, 09:01 AM
the agile foe's strike is halted by gabriel's scale mail.

Gabriel regain his fighting stance and swings his sword at the enemy.

mrcarter11
2011-06-22, 11:21 AM
Gabriel's blow as well, is turned aside. His opponent quickly regains himself and strikes outwards again.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Also need Spot and Listen checks.

Hemnon
2011-06-22, 11:37 AM
Gabriel parries with his shield and retaliates.

Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

mrcarter11
2011-06-22, 11:45 AM
Growing tired of such petty combat, the leader of the group speaks his mind once more.
"Now listen, what is it that you want? You are the one who has come and attacked us without reason. You ask us questions and demand answers, without alerting us to why you deserve such.

Hemnon
2011-06-22, 11:58 AM
Gabriel backs off and answers the leader.

''If i remember correctly, it was you guys who attacked first and i deserve to know for personal reasons.... the burned my family's farm and sepperated us... i haven't seen them for 4 years, so i do think i deserve to know where i can find them. ''
Looking steadfast, gabriel answers in a firm voice, his nimus of light is supressed and his wings covered (though, silver hair and topaz eyes are still a giveaway that he isn't a regular human).

mrcarter11
2011-06-23, 12:51 AM
"Well that's a sad little story, but if you assistance, we are gonna want something in return.. Or you can pick up where you left off where my friend here.

Hemnon
2011-06-23, 08:01 AM
''.... What could i possibly offer you my good man? all i own, im carrying with me... just give me the infomation i need, I'm sure the gods will look kindly on such a noble action''
Gabriel replies in a soothing way.

Hemnon
2011-06-23, 06:37 PM
Diplomacy roll for above conversation: [roll0]

mrcarter11
2011-06-24, 09:04 AM
"And you've killed one of my enforcers. Now I need someone else to go and collect the money I'm owed. And I think you'd be perfect.

Hemnon
2011-06-24, 09:13 AM
''He attacked me first, i was only defending myself... and you can forget about it, I'm not gonna force hard earned money from some poor villager... or am i wrong in my asumption?''

mrcarter11
2011-06-24, 09:17 AM
"You would be wrong. Those that owe me money are those like myself. And your even free to kill them, if fact I'll pay you if you do. I'll tell you what you want to know when you return. If you wish to help."

Hemnon
2011-06-24, 09:29 AM
Gabriel deliberates with himself for a few moments before answering
''.... Well.... seems like i really don't have a choice here.... so where do i find these-.... 'Gentlemen' you meantioned?''

mrcarter11
2011-06-24, 05:56 PM
Sorry was working today, and so been hectic at best.

The raider leader smiles a very disturbing smile before he answers.

"Journey over to the next town. It's only an hour or so of a hike. Take this ring, and when you get to the town, picture me in your mind and we can talk about the certain gentleman you need to find.

With that he flicks a ring towards you, and waits to see you off.

Hemnon
2011-06-24, 06:23 PM
Gabriel catches the ring and places it in a hidden compartment in his backpack. Without further adieu, he unhooks his cape, revealing his White feathered wings and takes off towards the town.

(i wonder what the dudes on the ground are thinking right about now:smallbiggrin:)
He lands a short while before reaching the town... no need to flash those wings to everyone (and he covers them up with his cape again when landing).

mrcarter11
2011-06-25, 08:32 AM
You land outside of town and hide your wings once more. Your standing in a forrest that is just outside of the town.

Hemnon
2011-06-25, 08:47 AM
He starts walking down towards the town, mostly looking for a good place to find some lodging... a bed would be nice.

just before Gabriel reaches town, he takes out the ring, takes it on and imagines the bandit leaders face.

mrcarter11
2011-06-29, 01:10 AM
As soon as the mental image takes hold, the bandit's voice is heard. "The first person to seek out would be a local inn owner. His name is Panka. He owes several debts. I'll need about a thousand gold to forgive them all. Or his magic ring. Either one.

Hemnon
2011-06-29, 06:01 AM
'That lying rotten bastard!' Gabriel thought to himself as he heard that. oh well, no going back now it. ''How about you tell me what this inn owner did to owe you money?'' He asked.

mrcarter11
2011-07-06, 03:22 AM
"He borrowed money from Me.. And has yet to repay it. His dues are owed and it's time he paid up. That is the honorable thing to do after all isn't it?"

Hemnon
2011-07-06, 08:39 AM
''If he owes you fair and square, then thats fair enough for him to pay back what he owes.'' Gabriel still sounds a little regretful about having to do this, though his will is still firm as ever.

''I will try find him now then. I will contact you tomorow.''

He takes the ring off, put's it in a pocket and heads towards town.

mrcarter11
2011-07-06, 12:24 PM
Gonna need a knowledge local or a gather info check.. Barring that, could try talking to people.

Hemnon
2011-07-06, 06:15 PM
Gabriel tries to get some info about this inn owner he need to find, so he starts asking around.

The 'Nimbus of Light' aura is free-flowing right now, since there is no need to hide his sincere devotion to goodness. visually it looks like dim beams of light around his head (which is not very noticeable in broad day-light, though they are still visable). (check sheet for info)

Gather Infomantion: [roll0]

mrcarter11
2011-07-08, 03:00 PM
You discover information that Panka is in fact a bad person, who has been running a smuggling ring in town. By virtue of paying off the town guard, he has been able to continue doing it for quite some time. He borrowed money from the leader of the bandits from earlier and has refused to pay it back.

Hemnon
2011-07-09, 04:18 PM
By using the infomation given by the locals, Gabriel starts searching for this 'Panka' and his inn.

mrcarter11
2011-07-12, 02:45 AM
OOC: Sorry had a concert on Saturday and didn't wake up til Monday.. Been a long day.

Using the information he heard, Gabriel finds the inn and now stands outside it. Trying to think of how to precede.

Hemnon
2011-07-12, 12:27 PM
Gabriel enters the inn with a calm attitude, heading to the bar desk. Thinking that this 'Panka' would stand behind it himself, serving drinks and such.

mrcarter11
2011-07-12, 02:17 PM
You see a man fitting the description you have of Panka. He stands a little ways back from the bar however. Another man, is currently the one serving drinks.

Hemnon
2011-07-12, 04:55 PM
Gabriel slowly walks towards Panka, trying to read his expression while moving closer.

Sense Motive: [roll0]

As Gabriel reaches panka, he lightly bows his head in a greeting.
''Goodday my good man, are you by any chance mister Panka?''

mrcarter11
2011-07-13, 02:12 PM
The brute matching his description turns around. He stands at least a foot and a half above you. His arms look as wide your torso. Yet with a heartfelt smile he looks down upon you.

"Why yes I am. Is there anything I can do for you. Perhaps get you a room.

Hemnon
2011-07-13, 04:52 PM
''Could we by any chance go somewhere and talk, privately.'' Gabriel is still calm and friendly of appearance.

mrcarter11
2011-07-13, 09:25 PM
Panka looks down at you, sizing up the threat you present.

"Sure thing lad. Just uh, come along back here. It's my den of sorts. "

Following that he walks into a back room, motioning for you to join him.