PDA

View Full Version : Making the most of my Gold Pieces!

monkeysammich
2011-06-21, 03:43 PM
So our party recently came into a good sum of money... 42,000 gp each as a matter of fact (after a LONG dungeon crawl, that was the total gold).

We're 14th/15th level... the party looking like this:

Half-Ogre War Hulk
Aasamar Favored Soul/Contemplative
Poisondusk Lizardfolk Rogue/Swordsage
Elan Metacreative Psion...

And Me.

A Human Paladin 2/Sorcerer 4/Spellsword 1/Abj. Champion 5/Sacred Exorcist 2

Hooray!

Here are the items I currently have:
+1 Sacred Adamantine Greataxe
+2 Icy Burst Cold Iron Longsword
+1 Twilight Githcraft Mithral Full Plate
+6 Cha Cloak
+4 Str, Dex and Con items
+3 Ring of Protection
Eternal Wand of Greater Resistance (until I can cast Superior myself)

It's traditional 3.5, the only banned books are Dragon Compendium and any setting sourcebooks (no FR, No Eberron).

My thoughts:
I'm at a 25 CHA right now, a +1 tome isnt a bad investment.
We as a group are all chipping in 2400 for a party Horn Of Plenty (yay heroes feast!)
A Lore Gem from MIC would help with my Knowledge Devotion tweaking.
Goggles of Night for some darkvision...

What am I missing to take this into the next level of super awesome. :smallcool:

pilvento
2011-06-21, 04:00 PM
U need to focus more your cha!

Boots of battledance lets you use cha instead of str for attackrolls and dmgrolls after you moved.

Bracers of Heartfeel Blows adds cha to dmg as weapon fire dmg

The Phoenix set in item compendium is perfect for your character: Fire shield, permant fly, heal if you die and cha bonuces. Start buying the crown for a nice cha boost.

The +1 tome is still a good choice

Also, i dont see a belt of battle there :smallfurious:

Btw, i love sorcadins, its a shame its too late to fit some swiftblade in there, or arcane duelist... to focus more cha of course :smallcool:

monkeysammich
2011-06-21, 05:10 PM
Where are those boots and bracers located?

Keld Denar
2011-06-21, 05:22 PM
One of those is in the DMGII, the other is in the Dragon Compendium, which is not allowed. I forget which, but I'm sure a quick google seach will help (or consulting the DMGII).

I like a Circlet of Rapid Casting. Its 15,000g, goes in your head slot, and has 3 charges. 1 charge gets you any 1st-2nd spell quickened, 2 charges nets you a 3rd, and all 3 charges at once quickens a 4th level spell. Its about as good as a Least MM Rod of Quicken, but less than 1/2 the price. Great for tossing Whirling Blades at your opponents as a swift action.

I also suggest upgrading either of your blades with the Sudden Stunning property in the DMGII. It gives you the ability to stun a foe you hit as a swift action unless they pass a Ref save with a DC of 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha, up to Cha times per day. Its Charific!

I know you have Divine Grace, but EVERYONE can benefit from higher saves. A +2 Vest of Resistance (or use the MIC rules to add it to your cloak) is only 4000g, chump change for you, and gives you a huge boost.

If you want to blow all your money in one place, a Ring of Freedom of Movement is a whopping 40,000g, but worth EVERY penny. Wading care-free into a Solid Fog or Evard's Black Tentacles for fun and profit is HILLARIOUS, IMO. You'll want one eventually, so...why not now?

monkeysammich
2011-06-22, 07:20 AM
Slippers of Battledancing, DMG2. Need 5 ranks in perform to make it work, so it may not be an immediate investment... but that's something going on the list.

Sudden Stunning is amazing that might have to happen.

Circlet Of Rapid Casting was also on my radar, but I was iffy because I spent more of my spells in Arcane Stike than actually casting them.

Thanks for the suggestions... keep em coming!