PDA

View Full Version : PF Atheist Cleric

Epee Assassin
2011-06-21, 04:40 PM
TN level 1-3 cleric. First few feats being SF Necromancy and Skeletal Summoner. The cleric would be first channeling negative energy and possibly positive later (possibly selecting Versatile Channeling as a feat). Darkness or death could be a fitting domain. If the character went down the road of versatile channeling then possibly choosing healing as a second domain. Preferably the race would be gnome, but possibly human. The idea of healing and positive energy was a possible idea that seemed to fit the character concept at the time, but it may or may not work because I'm now not sure if it is fitting for the concept of an atheist. The problem is, I am not going for an evil character. Because of this, I don't know how to fit the concept of a necromancer yet not be evil. Reincarnation might fit...

Frozen_Feet
2011-06-21, 06:17 PM
What kind of personality are you thinking for the character? Because he might be an upbeat, helpful person (see: Death from Sandman), otherwise likeable and/or reasonable figure (see: Death from Sandman), or generally just do enough good to offset his evil deeds. Being an apatheistic nihilist is about the worst way to be TN, actually, as such attitude does nothing to offset or mitigate actions you do.

As for his atheism, he might be concerned with enlightement of mankind without help of gods - but as a note, if your setting has knowable gods, having him be atheistic is a bit stupid. Having him be apatheistic, eaning he ignores gods, or misotheistic, considering gods evil or useless, would be more sensible.

It might be he considers afterlife fruitless, seeing that it doesn't really free the soul from shackless of existence (meaning he perceives existence as an undesireable trait), which is why he has no concern for gods or qualms about making undead. On the other hand, he might consider it equally fruitless to end his life before preaching the message to as many who need to hear it.

Epee Assassin
2011-06-21, 06:31 PM
What kind of personality are you thinking for the character? Because he might be an upbeat, helpful person (see: Death from Sandman), otherwise likeable and/or reasonable figure (see: Death from Sandman), or generally just do enough good to offset his evil deeds. Being an apatheistic nihilist is about the worst way to be TN, actually, as such attitude does nothing to offset or mitigate actions you do.

As for his atheism, he might be concerned with enlightement of mankind without help of gods - but as a note, if your setting has knowable gods, having him be atheistic is a bit stupid.

He does not feel compelled to good or evil, he just uses death to his advantage by making helpers and minions that give him the upper hand.

And the atheism, well the reason I came up with this is to be able to laugh at the fact that clerics do not need to have a deity (but I am still making the character seriously despite taking it to the extreme). The explanation for is atheism in game would be that there are gods but he believes they are false and they have no real power if they were real. He believes that they are no proper source to get magic and prefers undeath.