PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences with erotic/adult themed games

ImperatorK
2011-06-21, 09:53 PM
Which of you was playing a campaign or at least one-shot game with erotic motives? How did it go? What character where you playing? I'm curious, because I'm thinking about playing in such a game, it would be nice. I'm mostly interested in characters that you created for such a game, but some tips on runing such a game are also apprieciated.

profitofrage
2011-06-21, 09:59 PM
Erotic motives?
What like a character that was going along with the quest to like "bang the princess" sorta thing? or are you talking about playing some kind of erotic RPG?

I cannot possibly Imagine such a thing....:smallannoyed:

wait:smallconfused:

I gotta call my girlfriend this is an awesome idea :smallbiggrin:

ImperatorK
2011-06-21, 10:09 PM
Well, I was thinking more about erotic motives in D&D or other systems, not systems/rules for erotic stuff.

Pisha
2011-06-21, 10:31 PM
Clarification: is this motives or motifs? If it's motives, what do you mean by that, because I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

I've played characters, male and female, who are sexual, who want and pursue and occasionally get sex in the course of the story. (I even wrote out a terribly, terribly slashy sex dream for my character's IC boyfriend once. The player of said boyfriend was highly amused.) But games where the main focus was sex, a la "The Book of Erotic Fantasy" (which, yes, I do own)? No. *shrug* Not that I have anything against it, I'm just not convinced it would be as fun.

profitofrage
2011-06-21, 10:34 PM
Yea I dont see an "erotic minded game" as being all that fun unless you were playing with single people...of your sexual persuation....and all rather open minded.
Or with you know ... a girlfriend.

or both I guess if your into that :P

Foeofthelance
2011-06-21, 10:35 PM
I'm currently playing in such a game right now. Entertainingly most "bedroom scenes" get interrupted by something exploding, someone starting a fight, or the bad guys being bad guys, or some variation of the like.

profitofrage
2011-06-21, 10:38 PM
I'm currently playing in such a game right now. Entertainingly most "bedroom scenes" get interrupted by something exploding, someone starting a fight, or the bad guys being bad guys, or some variation of the like.

OH GOD..I can only imagine the various things the NPC's could shout out during such encounters.

Assasin: "HAHA Caught you unprepared! WAIT! Hes Still got his long sword RUN!"

"Wait I didnt know he had two weapon fighting?..oh wait"

"oooo...that critical hit even made me cringe..."

Yukitsu
2011-06-21, 10:40 PM
Well, all of my male characters seem to get sexually assaulted by women at some point in campaign's I play in. One of them even got raped by his Queen, which was... Odd. It's probably because my male characters explicitly don't go around trying to hit on everything with breasts, and that it's a group in-joke now.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-21, 10:41 PM
So many. Offering a comfortable, mature environment will inevitably lead to mature issues being explored. And that's something that is my duty as a DM, player and human being to foster.

I think that most of them went well for those involved. I don't recall any complains, and most of the players/DMs involved kept coming back for more campaigns, so I suppose that's a good sign.

I've played... hm. Counting NPCs? Satyrs (so very many...), nymphs, verdant princes, wights, elves (vying for second place as "most used"), humans, half-elves, orcs, half-orcs, lizardfolk, shifters, vampires, halflings, aasimars (tied with elves for second place), tieflings, succubi, incubi, erinyes, lupinals, leonals, devas, solars, planetars, half-fiends, half-celestials, werewolves, ghosts, medusae, warforged, incarnate golems, saurians, dragonborn, half-dragons, dragons, dragontouched and one wraith. And pretty much every class you can think of. Yes, I've seen spells, feats, magical effects and class features used for things I'm not allowed to discuss in these forums. By far the spell Grease gets the most use.

Tips on how to run such a game? Make sure everyone is, indeed, mature, and keep a very open OOC communication between those involved. Also make sure that you know everyone's boundaries, and what they want to get out of the game.

I'm afraid you'll have to ask more specific questions. I could honestly go on for pages and pages on this sort of thing. And the anecdotes... yeah. Even with copious self-censoring it'd be a long while before I run out of stuff to tell. Anything in particular you'd like to hear about?

Oh, and yes, I've seen what Pisha mentions about fan fiction of stuff that happens in the game. I personally really, really like novelizations of what happens in a game (like character/game journals, stories inspired by character sessions, etc), so I'm always happy to read that sort of thing.

havocfett
2011-06-21, 11:08 PM
The only time I participated in one I had a slight problem:

No-one had told me. As one of our major players (I always show up, and if I'm not DMing normally describe how to beat encounters and RP past harder ones) they didn't want me gone.

Since I'm a mildly devout muslim, they knew I wouldn't approve.

I walked out of the room we were playing in when someone handed me the BOEF. It was hilarious and awkward, and I may have concussed my DM with the thing when he handed it to me and told me what the campaign was based around.

In short: Tell your players. If you don't think they'll be comfortable with this, don't run it. Not as many people are as concussion resistant as my DM.

Note: My character was a Wizard with Vow of Celibacy. It was awkward.

Vknight
2011-06-21, 11:31 PM
Two Campaigns.

One was a run of the Maid Game which ended with pirate ship crewed by ninja zombie pirate ghosts, a giant mecha, a doll possessed by a former owner of the mansion, a ghost of the last owner, an ancient god sealed in one players panties, the butler runnign out of vases, the sharks escaping, the booty guards dieing, a ancient sphere which summons Hastur, a second ancient sphere which causes 1random event every 2d6+6hours, the master losing his memory, the master sleeping with each maid, a psychic showing up to help fight off zombies, normal zombies showed up, the mansion flew, an earthquake happened, they found Excalibur, they were all telepoprted to the moon, the master went missing, one member got a suit of power armor, the butler lost his bow tie, all the maids lost there bras, a evil teddy bear wore the bras as power armor. That was between the straight erotic stuff and it had erotic stuff in those scenes as well.

A Game of D&D involving strange events a Rakasha, murder, suicide, disguise self, telepathy, pimping out people, selling the drow to slavery, calling the drow tobi, canabalism, sexual misconduct, said Rakasha eating people, pimping out the dwarf, pimping out the Rakasha disguised as a women, finding a female dragon for the dragonborn, a halfling so fat they never noticed he wore no pants, an opium den, paladins shotting children with flintlocks, a pair of drunks beating a wizards summon, one player having his character die 10times, the nuking of a theater, an assassination, a bard fighting the party, a large amount of references to critical hit, domination, mind control, charm person, charm monster, profit, stealing, planning genocide, pimping out the wizards familiar and wizard, the swashbuckler trying to make people evil, said swashbuckler choosing the captain of the guard as his target, said city guard finding out, invading a persons home, killing innocents, trying to kill a bar owner, fighting each other. It was a combination evil and erotic game. The players had a few goals, take over the city, spread evil and sexual deviance to the masses. All they ended up doing was killing 100+ people

ImperatorK
2011-06-21, 11:39 PM
Clarification: is this motives or motifs?
The later.

I've played characters, male and female, who are sexual, who want and pursue and occasionally get sex in the course of the story. (I even wrote out a terribly, terribly slashy sex dream for my character's IC boyfriend once. The player of said boyfriend was highly amused.) But games where the main focus was sex, a la "The Book of Erotic Fantasy" (which, yes, I do own)? No. *shrug* Not that I have anything against it, I'm just not convinced it would be as fun.
Yes, that is what I'm speaking about, although not necessarily about a game with BoEF in use.

Yea I dont see an "erotic minded game" as being all that fun unless you were playing with single people...of your sexual persuation....and all rather open minded.
I don't quite understand what is so wrong about a game/campaign that is heavy on erotic/sexual content. It's a game like any other. Do you have to play with criminals or psyhotic murderers when you want to play an evil campaign? :smallconfused: I don't get it.

I'm afraid you'll have to ask more specific questions. I could honestly go on for pages and pages on this sort of thing. And the anecdotes... yeah. Even with copious self-censoring it'd be a long while before I run out of stuff to tell. Anything in particular you'd like to hear about?
Any ideas on a "quest" that would be good for this kind of game?
Or some events that could be appropriate? Maybe a big festival organized by some priests of a diety of love/lust? Or an intrigue-ish story involving wild parties?

randomhero00
2011-06-21, 11:43 PM
This is closer to a comedian character than an erotic one, but there's an example in Exalted...a goal of banging all the other all Exalted. Just sayin.

profitofrage
2011-06-22, 12:03 AM
I don't quite understand what is so wrong about a game/campaign that is heavy on erotic/sexual content. It's a game like any other. Do you have to play with criminals or psyhotic murderers when you want to play an evil campaign? :smallconfused: I don't get it.

I didnt say it was wrong :P I said I wouldnt really find it fun.
Mature content? absolutly. but foccusing on said sexual content? I dunno I suspect it getting old fast. Besides I dont know if Id feel comfortable roleplaying that sort of thing to such a degree with a bunch of my friends.
:P I do not want to be DMing a game where the guys I drink with have constant trouser tents.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-22, 12:06 AM

It depends on how prevalent you want the eroticism to be in the game.

Background Eroticism: A lot of times, we "cut out" eroticism to make the game more kid-friendly or PG-13. This method is simply not cutting it, rather than adding anything special. When there is a brothel, don't "fade to black." When there are fey creatures, angels or fiends around, don't make them follow humanoid fashion choices. Grateful NPCs are very grateful that the heroes saved them. Some villains (or their henchmen) can be seduced, rather than fought. So on and so forth. In short, simply pretend it's like real life.

Enhanced Eroticism: Like the previous one, only you are actually emphasising eroticism slightly. Lust and desire are the primary motivations of NPCs and PCs. A villain schemes not because he wants to rule the world, but because his lust for the queen consumes his every waking moment. The elves dress in skimpy fashion because they know humans find it alluring. A race was enslaved not because they were good for manual labour, but because they made good prostitutes and concubines. In short, lust becomes prevalent on the minds of people, but it does not (generally) overwhelm them.

All-Out Eroticism: Here, sex is everywhere, and it does overwhelm the minds of everyone. Orgies are popular, sex gods are the new sun gods, sexual prowess is just as valid (or even more desirable) than martial or magical prowess, wars are waged for the beauty of a woman (or man!) and sex is as natural as breathing.

For each type of focus, there's a different kind of quest. As an example, a quest for Background Eroticism would be exactly like a normal quest, only with perhaps an extra reward in the form of a very grateful NPC, or protecting the king's harem instead of his magical treasures.

For the Enhanced Eroticism type of campaign, you'd need a quest that is inspired, or at least tinged by, lust. A villain that desires to add the PCs to his harem (and will stop at nothing to have them), a kingdom swept by nocturnal predators who drain the energies of youthful lads and lasses in their sleep and slowly drive them to an early grave, and so on.

For the All-Out Eroticism type, you need to be more blatant. Sex is no longer in the background or as a tinge on the plot. It's front and centre. A king is discovered to have had so many bastards that the succession line is more tangled than a viper's nest (and they're all eager to do anything it takes to get the throne), a dungeon crafted by a mad wizard features sex motifs in every single room, corridor, monster, object, trap and treasure; or the local clergy of the god of fertility is beset by a plague of dying crops and sickened animals, and the only way to fix this is by engaging in a days-long ritual that requires several previous sidequests to gather the necessary ingredients, foci and components, most of which must be obtained by honouring the god's portfolio.

Or some events that could be appropriate? Maybe a big festival organized by some priests of a diety of love/lust?

Well, let's imagine all the possibilities.

Religious celebrations.
Official holidays granted by the royal family to gain favour among the people. Courtesans, prostitutes and other "professionals" are sent to the people to keep them content and distracted.
Refluff certain monsters as sexual predators, rather than what they currently are. Vampires are the most obvious, followed by the drow, but don't forget that appearances can be changed, and nothing says that other types of undead (ghosts, wights, wraiths, spectres and shadows, for example) need look hideous or dead. You can easily refluff their draining abilities as the reason they can temporarily become lifelike and supernaturally alluring.
Brothels, brothels, brothels. And prostitutes of all kinds. Make them memorable, make them lovable, make them wise, tragic or roguish. Often, they're a very untapped character archetype.
Emphasise the sexual differences between races. Maybe dwarves are very proper and think sex is something that is *never* discussed in public. Maybe they're rowdy and inappropriate instead, and it's elves the ones that get prissy about it. Maybe orcs just can't stop thinking with their loins. Maybe humans find anything attractive, while other races are more discerning.
Sexual variety. If the group is okay with this, feel free to explore fetishes and sexual preferences to give your NPCs or PCs variety, colour and uniqueness.
Again, lust as a motivation works very well. The huge, gaping difference between lust and love (that many miss) can also prove to be a mine of RPing opportunities and quests.

Talakeal
2011-06-22, 12:19 AM
Keep in mind that in American culture violence is seen as much more socially acceptible than sex.

ImperatorK
2011-06-22, 12:21 AM
Vampires are the most obvious
Vampires - after feeding they always get "lusty", you know, with fresh blood flowing through their veins and all that. :smalltongue:

Keep in mind that in American culture violence is seen as much more socially acceptible than sex.
I live in a country that does not accept either of those things and yet I still don't understand this "Violence yay, Erotic nay" attitude.

profitofrage
2011-06-22, 12:29 AM
I live in a country that does not accept either of those things and yet I still don't understand this "Violence yay, Erotic nay" attitude.

It stems VERY heavily from historical decisions and the old style government.
There was a time where Orgies where social events those who could afford it went to.
Hell it was prefectly acceptable for students in Greece to have relationships with there tutors that we would be horrified at in todays society.

Then came along fuedal ideals such as "the lord OWNED the peasants under him" Back then having sex without the lords permission was considered stealing from them. It was in the lords right to rape virgins before they got married because there "virginity" was owned by them.
Thus Sex became stigmatised more and more so.
There are of course other factors, but this is probably a large one.
as for why this style of thinking ended in some countries and not others? who knows...

Shadowknight12
2011-06-22, 12:29 AM
Vampires - after feeding they always get "lusty", you know, with fresh blood flowing through their veins and all that. :smalltongue:

You don't want to know all the other implications of vampires, their strengths, weaknesses, powers and the way they obtain blood. It's one of those things where you start thinking about it, and then you can't stop seeing implications everywhere.

Same thing with spells.

Flame of Anor
2011-06-22, 12:53 AM
Well, all of my male characters seem to get sexually assaulted by women at some point in campaign's I play in. One of them even got raped by his Queen, which was... Odd. It's probably because my male characters explicitly don't go around trying to hit on everything with breasts, and that it's a group in-joke now.

I think your DM might need therapy.

Yes, I've seen spells, feats, magical effects and class features used for things I'm not allowed to discuss in these forums. By far the spell Grease gets the most use.

Enlarge Person: put the zest back in your love life!

Stoneskin: a virgin's best defense! (Warning: may not be effective against adamantine assailants.)

"Let me guess: her [AHEM] was evil, and you were smiting it with your [OH MY]."

AtlanteanTroll
2011-06-22, 01:04 AM
Make sure your group is mature. I ran a sort of gag game where the Paladin had to help clean out a whore-house that was infested with Giant Centipedes which were a magically mutated STD that came from one of the women. Bad, and funny, idea.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-22, 01:09 AM
Enlarge Person: put the zest back in your love life!

And a very creative interpretation of Sculpt Spell.

Stoneskin: a virgin's best defense! (Warning: may not be effective against adamantine assailants.)

And the safest way to sleep with a dragon.

Combine that with Charging Smite and flanking bonuses, and yup, I've seen that.

Make sure your group is mature. I ran a sort of gag game where the Paladin had to help clean out a whore-house that was infested with Giant Centipedes which were a magically mutated STD that came from one of the women. Bad, and funny, idea.

"Centipedes? In my whore-house?"

"It's more likely than you think."

HappyBlanket
2011-06-22, 03:45 AM
Protection from Evil actually sounds like a pretty simple anti-rape device. Stick Protection from Chaos on there for good measure. No, wait, that's for Summons only. Welp, guess you're better off with that one chapter in BoEF.

But yeah, the maturity of the group is a big deal if you're considering sex in a game. I'm far too tired to make a particularly meaningful post, but I will say this; sex is a defining moment in a relationship, and it's occurrence greatly characterizes the relationship in a not insignificant way. It's a powerful device for character development if it's done meaningfully, and for younger characters, can define a coming-of-age story. If you've played ttrpgs like Bliss Stage, or video games like Persona 4, you'll know what I mean.

That said, much of it's meaningfulness is lost if your group prefers joking about sex and what it entails rather than embracing it. Don't get me wrong; sex can be funny, and I'd be a hypocrite for degrading those who've viewed it that way. There's nothing wrong about sex jokes, but if your group can only joke, and can't see sex as serious business, they're not ready for it's inclusion.

Cipher Stars
2011-06-22, 03:54 AM
Yea... Don't play with friends unless they're that cool, play with lovers instead. You don't feel as awkward when playing an erotic game with a lover :D Also, playing online is even easier if you don't intend to "act out" scenes using less words :P
Have the books ready and everything known well enough. It does no good to intend to just have Block the Seed cast only to find out it needs to be used before hand :D
Thats it.. That Shadow guy knows his stuff... Wish I had a DM like that.

dsmiles
2011-06-22, 05:30 AM
Last "erotic" game I played was a RISUS RHPS spinoff.

Ehhh...who am I kidding, that was a comedy game. :smalltongue:

Kaeso
2011-06-22, 05:34 AM
Well, I was thinking more about erotic motives in D&D or other systems, not systems/rules for erotic stuff.

"No no no! I told you to slay the dragon, not lay the dragon".

some guy
2011-06-22, 05:38 AM
Or some events that could be appropriate? Maybe a big festival organized by some priests of a diety of love/lust? Or an intrigue-ish story involving wild parties?

If you want ideas for sexual orientated D&D adventures, I would advise you'd read the comic Oglaf. It's terribly NFSW, it's terribly funny, too.

Anyway, here's a link (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Oglaf) to the TV tropes page of it. You can probably find enough seeds for starting a rousing D&D adventure there.

DoomHat
2011-06-22, 05:42 AM
:smallconfused: I'm a little to squeamish to be involved in such a thing myself, but hey. It's not unheard of. Here's a handy little rules plug-in for it even.
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=89987

blackseven
2011-06-22, 05:45 AM
Then came along fuedal ideals such as "the lord OWNED the peasants under him" Back then having sex without the lords permission was considered stealing from them. It was in the lords right to rape virgins before they got married because there "virginity" was owned by them.

While this certainly happened, to pretend that droit du seigneur was common or even considered "normal" in the medieval feudal age is to overstate current historical knowledge. Wiki link. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur)

There seems to be more evidence that it was more common in the Ancient ages.

profitofrage
2011-06-22, 09:24 AM
While this certainly happened, to pretend that droit du seigneur was common or even considered "normal" in the medieval feudal age is to overstate current historical knowledge. Wiki link. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droit_du_seigneur)

There seems to be more evidence that it was more common in the Ancient ages.

Saying that it didnt exist is also overstating current historical knowledge, its under a great deal of debate even now. However I find it very hard to believe that such a practise would be mentioned SO OFTEN after the period and not actually exist. either way I wont get in the argument with you, if historical scholars cant agree im sure we wont either.

The Glyphstone
2011-06-22, 10:07 AM

At least it wasn't an infestation of Those Damn Crabs.:smallbiggrin:

GeekGirl
2011-06-22, 10:59 AM
Personally, I like playing a male character when one of the guys in my group play a female. Character dependent I will near constantly make sexual advances on them, some time I try and get the other guys to do the same. The first time I did this, he really didn't know how to react. It was a lot of fun.

This may not be the real point of the thread, but its a funny story I wanted to share. And to all the women that may read this. Try it, its fun.

On a more serious note, I romantic character interactions are important for character development. Really they are "human" (well close enough) But it doesnt work for every group.

Yukitsu
2011-06-22, 01:25 PM
I think your DM might need therapy.

DMs. Plural. ALL 5 OF THEM! And some of them don't even know one another!

Actually, I played a paladin that redeemed a succubus that way. It was trying to seduce him to the dark side, but I sure showed it!

TriForce
2011-06-22, 01:25 PM
personally, i dont think "erotic" DnD or similar stuff is a good idea. generally the ones mature enough for it arent interested in it, and the ones interested in it arent mature enough for it. also, i imagine it gets boring really fast.

a normal campaign with every now and then some adult stuff, sure, thats not really a problem, but a whole group/campaign focused on nothing else but just sex? isnt it more fun to get a suitable group together and play strippoker or something?

Talya
2011-06-22, 01:36 PM
Which of you was playing a campaign or at least one-shot game with erotic motives? How did it go? What character where you playing? I'm curious, because I'm thinking about playing in such a game, it would be nice. I'm mostly interested in characters that you created for such a game, but some tips on runing such a game are also apprieciated.

Who are your players, in relation to yourself?

I've played some very eroticly-themed characters.

ImperatorK
2011-06-22, 02:12 PM
Who are your players, in relation to yourself?
What do you mean? I got no players as of yet, if that's what you're talking about. I don't have any pleasure (nor time) to play IRL, so I will be playing PbP. That means that I could get all sorts of players.

Poison_Fish
2011-06-22, 02:22 PM
It stems VERY heavily from historical decisions and the old style government.
There was a time where Orgies where social events those who could afford it went to.
Hell it was prefectly acceptable for students in Greece to have relationships with there tutors that we would be horrified at in todays society.

Thus Sex became stigmatised more and more so.
There are of course other factors, but this is probably a large one.
as for why this style of thinking ended in some countries and not others? who knows...

Um... No (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault#The_History_of_Sexuality). You may want to look into the subject a bit more. That is a good starting ground.

zyborg
2011-06-22, 02:28 PM
Are you sure you didn't mix up your terminologies for "role playing"? :smalltongue: But seriously. There are tons of opportunities in RPGs, including D&D. It also depends on what you mean. Succubi could be useful, but wouldn't last very long. Lust as a driving force for certain characters, however, could last until the game is over.

Gavinfoxx
2011-06-22, 03:06 PM
Well, your default Pendragon game has plenty of lust, desire, incest, sex, cheating, romance, passion, madness, etc.

Being a game of Arthurian Britian. Of course the bedroom scenes are generally 'fade to black', but the stories off which it is based (You know... the Arthurian tales...) are positively DRENCHED in sex.

Talya
2011-06-22, 03:41 PM
What do you mean? I got no players as of yet, if that's what you're talking about. I don't have any pleasure (nor time) to play IRL, so I will be playing PbP. That means that I could get all sorts of players.

Unless you're going for silliness/humor, I wouldn't try an erotic themed game with people you don't know well. (Although some communities could probably handle it easier than others *coughTheFreedomStonecough*).

Honest Tiefling
2011-06-22, 03:46 PM
It probably says a lot about me that when I read this my first thought was wondering how many people would play unarmed characters who do not need armor simply to have an easy way to assassinate others.

EDIT: It also says a lot that my second thought was that naked people don't have much loot on them at the time.

Seb Wiers
2011-06-22, 03:55 PM
Given all the work it would be finding people worth playing in such a game with.... I'd rather just go out and find people to have sex with.

Ravens_cry
2011-06-22, 04:00 PM
I've only ever played a strictly erotic game online in free-form role play, but it was still role play in the sense of playing a character.
I have had a character who formed romantic relationships with an NPC, my human paladin who fell in love with a local harpy, but anything that might have happened was behind the black. In fact, the game ended with the characters wedding to said NPC, so certain things can be assumed, but never actually happened "on-camera", as it were.

Lord.Sorasen
2011-06-22, 07:28 PM

Perhaps I can give you my reasoning? I'm not going to say it's how everyone thinks, but it at least can give one a starting point.

In the real world, I could never kill anyone. Even though I'm playing a character, this often carries over: spilling the blood of a sentient being is very difficult. The loophole here exists in taking away the sentience of the one being killed. After all, humans often kill, say, animals, sometimes even for sport alone. Most people wouldn't think twice to kill a bug if it was being particularly obnoxious or perhaps could bite. We kill countless bacteria every day. What I'm trying to say is that people don't tend to have a problem with violence; even if they paraphrase that way. Violence alone is an empty concept: it's the context of the violence that makes it something we are not ok with. It's when we kill a person that it becomes bad. So if I stab an orc with my sword, I'm not actually killing anyone because orcs aren't real. I'm ok with this.

And this is why I consider sexuality different (I'm well aware my views will differ with others, and I'm not trying to say mine is the only view or even the preferred view). The idea of killing isn't emotional so much as the actual act of it is. But at least to me, the idea of sexuality is emotional in itself. It's this way because of the requirements. Because killing an orc is me killing a stat-block. Passion doesn't work that way. Passion requires passion on both sides, and it requires you and another person exchange passionate ideas with each other. It's not real, but the ideas are real and so it's still a big deal.

I don't think most people who don't want to roleplay erotic situations are that way because they think it's immoral. I think it's really that they find eroticism very personal. I honestly think it's why some people play quirky characters in games. It's not more interesting than playing a realistic character, but god it's a lot less personal. The guy who charges everything because he's awesome is less personal than the guy who charges everything because his father was too scared to attack the man raping and killing his mother. It's easier to start out fulfilled than to come to the realization that the man's father ran away because he knew he was too weak and needed to protect his child. If you're like me, the situation is actually a lot like eroticism. It's deeply personal, and so it's going to be really hard to do it near friends, let alone with friends.

HappyBlanket
2011-06-22, 08:24 PM
Given all the work it would be finding people worth playing in such a game with.... I'd rather just go out and find people to have sex with.

It's not about having sex -.- If you're just trying to get off on these games, you're doing it wrong.

Saying that you're playing a game of d&d (or whatever) that has sex in it just to have sex is like saying you're living your entire life to have sex. That run off sentence aside, sex is just one aspect of a game, and it's just one aspect of the human experience. If there's one thing I can emphasize, it's this: having sex is not the point. Having sex is, by itself, an exceedingly superfluous thing. It's the complex and interwoven relationships that spawn as a result of sex that makes sexuality the fascinating life and society aspect that it is.

Actually, you know what this thread needs?
This (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2505-Sex-in-Games) was originally intended to focus on videogames, but after a certain point (4 minutes, 25 seconds), it starts being applicable to any gaming medium. I highly advise anyone looking to abolish the social stigma of sexuality in games, in pursuit of a deeper roleplaying experience that isn't superfluous to check it out.

Particularly this little +5 gem of insight: Expressions of sexuality are not limited to physical representations of sex appeal. Sexuality can be used to help define characters and test the limits of relationships. It can inform and color how characters interact. It can also be used to express the characters we play, and give depth to interpersonal relationships in games.

And I know I completely went on a tangent to what I quoted, but give me a break xD I felt I had to say this.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-22, 08:31 PM
I don't think most people who don't want to roleplay erotic situations are that way because they think it's immoral. I think it's really that they find eroticism very personal. I honestly think it's why some people play quirky characters in games. It's not more interesting than playing a realistic character, but god it's a lot less personal. The guy who charges everything because he's awesome is less personal than the guy who charges everything because his father was too scared to attack the man raping and killing his mother. It's easier to start out fulfilled than to come to the realization that the man's father ran away because he knew he was too weak and needed to protect his child.

You make a very insightful point there.

I always wondered why it was so easy for me to do this sort of thing (I tend to give characters the same kind of crippling flaws and tormented backgrounds you just gave an example of), and why some people found it innately abhorrent. This might well be the reason.

Certainly something worth thinking about.

profitofrage
2011-06-22, 08:38 PM
It's not about having sex -.- If you're just trying to get off on these games, you're doing it wrong.

Saying that you're playing a game of d&d (or whatever) that has sex in it just to have sex is like saying you're living your entire life to have sex. That run off sentence aside, sex is just one aspect of a game, and it's just one aspect of the human experience. If there's one thing I can emphasize, it's this: having sex is not the point. Having sex is, by itself, an exceedingly superfluous thing. It's the complex and interwoven relationships that spawn as a result of sex that makes sexuality the fascinating life and society aspect that it is.

Actually, you know what this thread needs?
This (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2505-Sex-in-Games) was originally intended to focus on videogames, but after a certain point (4 minutes, 25 seconds), it starts being applicable to any gaming medium. I highly advise anyone looking to abolish the social stigma of sexuality in games, in pursuit of a deeper roleplaying experience that isn't superfluous to check it out.

Particularly this little +5 gem of insight: Expressions of sexuality are not limited to physical representations of sex appeal. Sexuality can be used to help define characters and test the limits of relationships. It can inform and color how characters interact. It can also be used to express the characters we play, and give depth to interpersonal relationships in games.

And I know I completely went on a tangent to what I quoted, but give me a break xD I felt I had to say this.

...I'm not sure if that link will work, or if links to other sites are allowed, actually. I'll check and edit this accordingly.

I agree with you whole heartedly, sexuality is something that is in every game I play. I dont see why it shouldnt be there. However I believe the topic was "erotic gaming"
"Sexual gaming" Is very very broad.
"Erotic gaming" Is rather specific, its playing the game to be arroused..the purpose of the game..to be arroused.
I dont think many people have all that much problem with sexuality being featured in a game, the point of Erotisism however can as others have said, be a bit personel.

Foeofthelance
2011-06-22, 10:28 PM
OH GOD..I can only imagine the various things the NPC's could shout out during such encounters.

Assasin: "HAHA Caught you unprepared! WAIT! Hes Still got his long sword RUN!"

"Wait I didnt know he had two weapon fighting?..oh wait"

"oooo...that critical hit even made me cringe..."

It's a game based around the idea that we're interdimensional travelers looking to end the threat of Mary Sue once and for all. Its entirely free form, and entirely random, as there is no limit to players and the only real rule is, "No killing other players." Imagine a dozen immortal and invulnerable Sailor Moon types wielding everything from chainsaws to trantyrs duking it out in the middle of a tavern with a fairy, a succubus, and a geek with a katana while a nearby drow is...grappling...with a pair of werewolves and the Gods are flirting at the bar...

Flame of Anor
2011-06-22, 10:48 PM
Actually, I played a paladin that redeemed a succubus that way. It was trying to seduce him to the dark side, but I sure showed it!

I hope he had his condom of Energy Drain immunity! :smallbiggrin:

Pisha
2011-06-22, 10:51 PM
I don't think most people who don't want to roleplay erotic situations are that way because they think it's immoral. I think it's really that they find eroticism very personal... It's deeply personal, and so it's going to be really hard to do it near friends, let alone with friends.

(ellipses mine)

Exactly.

This is why I really do prefer the fade-to-black. It's not that I'm a prude (gods, no) - it's just that, well, actually playing out a sexual scene can go one of two ways. Either no one really takes it seriously and it becomes the stuff of stupid jokes (which, besides being kinda tasteless, tends to cheapen both the idea of sex and the game itself), OR people are actually serious about it. Which can be, yeah, highly personal, and can make you feel pretty vulnerable to boot. In my experience, most people put a little bit of themselves into their characters, and I'll be honest, there are aspects of myself that I don't feel like putting on display in a room full of my gaming buddies!

...Ok, I tell a lie, there is a third option: someone could get a little too into the scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFAozYmmjWs), and that's just awkward for everyone. (Note: link is NSFW, but hilarious.)

(Similarly, on an old forum game I used to play, there was a "red light district" thread where you were supposed to post the racy stuff; everything written there was uniformly embarrassing, either because the content was a little TMI, or because people tend to be really bad at writing sex.)

Seb Wiers
2011-06-22, 11:28 PM
Expressions of sexuality are not limited to physical representations of sex appeal. Sexuality can be used to help define characters and test the limits of relationships. It can inform and color how characters interact. It can also be used to express the characters we play, and give depth to interpersonal relationships in games.

What you are describing is not generally true for an "erotic game".

When you hear about an "erotic novel", sure, those other elements are there, but rarely in any meaningful way. In fact, the few specifically erotic novels with informed / interesting character interactions are famous precisely because they are the rare exceptions. When you say something is "erotic", its precisely because the sexual element is predominant.

Sure, in some of games I play in, some characters have sex, or even have sexual issues to explore (one is even a sex addict and paid professional). But those are not "erotic games"- they are games with characters who happen to be sexual at times. The sexual element is not the predominant one.

ImperatorK
2011-06-23, 11:22 AM
Just to be clear, I'm NOT thinking on playing an erotic game JUST for sex and giggles. Heck, there could be no "explicit" sex at all throuout the whole game! I'm aiming more at something like was disccused in that Escapist video.
And I would like to get suggestions on such a game and not a diccusion on morality or history of sex. :smallfrown:

DeathsHands
2011-06-23, 04:00 PM
Well, in the campaign I'm in, my character is a Lizardfolk Barbarian who's backstory is based around the fact that he ended up out of his tribe after being seduced by a Tiefling, who he ended up travelling with and then met the other half the party... and yeah. Tasteful fade the black at the inn.

Leads to hilarious OOC discussions.

But nah, it's all taken lightly. It actually probably the more comedic part of the campaign.

Seb Wiers
2011-06-23, 04:53 PM
Just to be clear, I'm NOT thinking on playing an erotic game JUST for sex and giggles. Heck, there could be no "explicit" sex at all throuout the whole game! I'm aiming more at something like was disccused in that Escapist video.

Suggestion the first: don't call it an "erotic game".

Suggestion the second: play with people who you can already comfortably mention sex around.

Suggestion the third: try to have an even mix of men and women (to fairly represent both gender viewpoints) and some established couples.

If you can do those things, chances are you'll get the game you want even without making sexuality an explicit theme.

Nachtritter
2011-06-23, 05:00 PM
(Looks at thread title.)

(Clicks on thread title, curious.)

(Backs away slowly, as to not draw the ire of whatever lurks here.)

ImperatorK
2011-06-23, 05:44 PM
Suggestion the first: don't call it an "erotic game".
You would have a point if I would call it a "porno game"...

Frozen_Feet
2011-06-23, 06:15 PM
Any eroticism in games I've played has been rather non-prevalent, but at times really blatant. I've even ended up writing my characters in situations which start to resemble cheap Harlequin novels. XD But often, there's a curtain call before the act itself, though clothes have occassionally come off before that. :3

I've also gone to lenghts to make a character revolving around the role of Sacred Prostitute. Sadly, she didn't get into the game she was made for.

dsmiles
2011-06-23, 06:39 PM
I've also gone to lenghts to make a character revolving around the role of Sacred Prostitute. Sadly, she didn't get into the game she was made for.Aww. You didn't get to play that one? You worked so hard on it...(giggitty :smalltongue:).

FatJose
2011-06-23, 06:41 PM
You would have a point if I would call it a "porno game"...
They're synonymous, though.
Any form of story-telling or game that can be labeled as erotic is just porn with a story and if you want to make something akin to what was in the Escapist then it can't be an erotic game. At all. For instance, they criticized Mass Effect in that video for trying but not being very successful with the attempt. Mass Effect is NOT an erotic game but it didn't pass inspection for being anything other than exploitative.

In a porno, a woman has a pizza delivered and then bangs the delivery man

In an erotic tale, a woman with a name, established life and personality seduces or is seduced by a guy who also has a name, a life, and a personality and they have sex.

In a story with no rating constraints, (which seems to be what you want) over the course of the plot, which may have nothing to do with sex, the woman falls in love with the delivery man after a series of events and maybe there's some on-screen action, maybe there's a lot of it, but it is completely natural to the flow of the story and serves to further show the relationship between both characters.

The third kind of story could be a part of just about anything, a thriller, a comedy, action, drama, fantasy, because that's what it is first and foremost. The sex makes it an erotic novel as much as a scene of the delivery guy speeding to her house makes the story a street racing tale.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-23, 06:42 PM
Aww. You didn't get to play that one? You worked so hard on it...(giggitty :smalltongue:).

Must've worked himself to the bone. Worked himself dry. Spilled his heart and soul. Poured all of himself into it.

EDIT:

In a story with no rating constraints, (which seems to be what you want) over the course of the plot, which may have nothing to do with sex, the woman falls in love with the delivery man after a series of events and maybe there's some on-screen action, maybe there's a lot of it, but it is completely natural to the flow of the story and serves to further show the relationship between both characters.

The third kind of story could be a part of just about anything, a thriller, a comedy, action, drama, fantasy, because that's what it is first and foremost. The sex makes it an erotic novel as much as a scene of the delivery guy speeding to her house makes the story a street racing tale.

You explain the difference between erotica and porn fairly well, but you forget that what I'm quoting above is also termed erotica simply for the fact of having no rating constraints.

FatJose
2011-06-23, 06:50 PM
You explain the difference between erotica and porn fairly well, but you forget that what I'm quoting above is also termed erotica simply for the fact of having no rating constraints.

No, erotica isn't erotica simply for being unrated. That isn't a thing. Not in America, at least.

Also, it's just a simple double entendre.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-23, 06:56 PM
No, erotica isn't erotica simply for being unrated. That isn't a thing. Not in America, at least.

Also, it's just a simple double entendre.

From here (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/erotica),

— pl n
explicitly sexual literature or art

So long as the literature or art contains explicit sex, regardless of whether that's the entire point of the work or simply another aspect, like romance, combat, stealth, horror or comedic moments, it is termed erotica. In your examples, 2) and 3) are both erotica. Could the OP have been more specific? Absolutely. But he did not choose wrong terminology.

Frozen_Feet
2011-06-23, 06:58 PM
Aww. You didn't get to play that one? You worked so hard on it...(giggitty :smalltongue:).

That is a shameful pun and you should be ashamed! :smalltongue:

dsmiles
2011-06-23, 07:02 PM
That is a shameful pun and you should be ashamed! :smalltongue:I would be, but the in the place where a normal human's "shame gland" would be, I just have a second "awesome gland." :smallbiggrin:

OracleofWuffing
2011-06-23, 07:14 PM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8759/topicles.png
:amused:

Short titles taken out of context out of the way, I occasionally think about trying to do some sort of beach blanket RPG. I mean, I know BoEF, Nymphology, and the like exist already (I'm surprised I haven't seen a Boobies Power or Heroes of the Bikini for D&D 4e yet), but it just doesn't mesh well in my head. It's like, okay, you do one thing in down time and another thing in battle time, I'd just like to ease that more so things are consistent throughout. Preferably with good support for non-caster classes.

Talakeal
2011-06-23, 07:18 PM
(I'm surprised I haven't seen a Boobies Power or Heroes of the Bikini for D&D 4e yet), .

You know, there aren't many things that could convince me to give 4E another try, but character's with the power source of "booby" just might be one of them.

FatJose
2011-06-23, 07:24 PM
So long as the literature or art contains explicit sex, regardless of whether that's the entire point of the work or simply another aspect, like romance, combat, stealth, horror or comedic moments, it is termed erotica. In your examples, 2) and 3) are both erotica. Could the OP have been more specific? Absolutely. But he did not choose wrong terminology.

Yes, 2 is erotica, I didn't say it wasn't. It's my example of specifically what erotica is. So, "how does that make it unrated?" was my question. Ratings are pretty recent device and I've read my share of fiction that had explicit sex scenes but weren't considered erotica. Was it an erotic scene? Yes. But it wasn't an erotic book and would never be labeled as such.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-23, 07:27 PM
Yes, 2 is erotica, I didn't say it wasn't. It's my example of specifically what erotica is. So, "how does that make it unrated?" was my question. Ratings are pretty recent device and I've read my share of fiction that had explicit sex scenes but weren't considered erotica. Was it an erotic scene? Yes. But it wasn't an erotic book and would never be labeled as such.

And conversely, you will find plenty of people who deem anything with explicit sex "erotic" whether it actually fits under the Erotica genre or not. Point is, neither of those uses are wrong. People tend to distend and abuse definitions, and maintaining precision and clarity is hard when using certain words. Erotic would be one of them.

Quietus
2011-06-23, 07:46 PM
And I would like to get suggestions on such a game and not a diccusion on morality or history of sex. :smallfrown:

Honestly, I think this thread is beyond that. It's evolved in an entirely different direction, and the best advice I could give would be to start a new thread, and be a little more careful with the title. "Erotic games" evokes images of dice with naughty words on them. "Games with adult themes", with the clarification that you're specifically looking for mature discussion of intimacy and sexuality and what's made them work inside a game inside the thread itself. A simple explanation of "I started one thread but it drifted, so I'm trying again" without sounding passive-aggressive about it will probably help, as well.

This (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2505-Sex-in-Games)

This is probably my favorite link I've ever followed from this forum, thank you and have yourself a whole box of cookies!

FatJose
2011-06-23, 08:01 PM
And conversely, you will find plenty of people who deem anything with explicit sex "erotic" whether it actually fits under the Erotica genre or not. Point is, neither of those uses are wrong. People tend to distend and abuse definitions, and maintaining precision and clarity is hard when using certain words. Erotic would be one of them.

I can agree with that. Examples 1 and 2 were my way of saying Erotic stories (as described in the post itself) are just more pretentious forms of Porn. :smalltongue:

Shadowknight12
2011-06-23, 08:07 PM
I can agree with that. Examples 1 and 2 were my way of saying Erotic stories (as described in the post itself) are just more pretentious forms of Porn. :smalltongue:

Oh, then we agree.

I just don't think there's anything wrong with pretentiousness. At least it adds variety to the medium! :smallamused:

ImperatorK
2011-06-23, 09:43 PM
I don't want to spam threads so I'm gonna post this here (and also to bring this thread somewhat on topic):
Any ideas on how to make an adult game be, you know, adult, but without just saying "Okay guys, I want to start a porno game, there will be sex and orgies and nudity. Your characters will have to be attractive nymphomaniacs and will have to have sex with everyone, 'COUSE THAT'S THE THEME OF THIS GAME :smallmad:"?
Of course I will warn my future players what kind of game I'm aiming for. And it's not that I don't want to have sex and nudity in this game, because I want, I just don't want it to be the only reason for this game, but an important part of it. And I don't want it to be unoriginal. Forcing the players to make sex-addicted PCs and/or making all NPCs want to have snu snu with them for no reason isn't an option, too porno-like.
Basicaly I'm asking for ideas and suggestions on plots and "quests" that are reasonable and feature adult, sexual kind of themes wihout going into absurdities and over-the-top stuff like invasion of extraplanar amazons or a trip to the plane of lust, etc.

OracleofWuffing
2011-06-23, 10:44 PM
Any ideas on how to make an adult game be, you know, adult, but without just saying "Okay guys, I want to start a porno game, there will be sex and orgies and nudity. Your characters will have to be attractive nymphomaniacs and will have to have sex with everyone, 'COUSE THAT'S THE THEME OF THIS GAME :smallmad:"?
This being the Playground, this kind of advice can't actually work here, but elsewhere, I actually wouldn't recommend saying you're going to have a game with adult themes right up front. I mean, take a look at Adult Swim, they deal with plenty of adult themes but their shows tend to portray them in the most immature way possible (this is not intended as a criticism of Adult Swim, I'm just callin' 'em as I see 'em, and it's because of this portrayal that it's such a popular television block). And, as demonstrated here, it's easy for many to instantly make the "adult = Bow chicka bow-wow" connection.

What I would do, and I mean, virgin talking about sex here, is just get a general idea of everyone's ages, and have the erotic things happen after a few sessions in, no real warning other than maybe some light foreshadowing. Basically, establish the game as a story first, so they don't set their phasers on "Hump" until after their characters motives and stories are already established, and rely on inertia to keep things sane. That said, the same kind of person who makes a "Hump everything" character has a high possibility of being the same kind of person who'll derail your campaign at any cost, so keep some shiny objects around to distract them.

ImperatorK
2011-06-23, 10:58 PM
What I would do, and I mean, virgin talking about sex here, is just get a general idea of everyone's ages, and have the erotic things happen after a few sessions in, no real warning other than maybe some light foreshadowing. Basically, establish the game as a story first, so they don't set their phasers on "Hump" until after their characters motives and stories are already established, and rely on inertia to keep things sane. That said, the same kind of person who makes a "Hump everything" character has a high possibility of being the same kind of person who'll derail your campaign at any cost, so keep some shiny objects around to distract them.
You're suggesting to make a normal session and... make it adult later? :smallconfused:
I did state that I want to make it adult themed. And some people aren't really interested in such games. It would be risky to make a normal game and then all of a sudden introduce adult topics. Those players could get upset.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-23, 10:58 PM
Basicaly I'm asking for ideas and suggestions on plots and "quests" that are reasonable and feature adult, sexual kind of themes wihout going into absurdities and over-the-top stuff like invasion of extraplanar amazons or a trip to the plane of lust, etc.

Personal opinion: This is the sort of thing you work out with your players. Sexuality is very hit and miss, and some things can be totally cool with someone and brutally offend the person sitting next to them. Plus, I always advocate working out quests and plots with the players to guarantee their investment on the game.

Usually, I don't have to think about this sort of thing. The players do most of the work for me! They say "I think it'd be cool if X and Y happened!" and I just make a few adjustments to fit that in the setting. Most of the time, all you need to do is foster a non-judgemental environment where they can express themselves and explore the topics they want to explore. Other times, they need a bit of reassurance that it's okay to suggest things, that you're not going to say "WHAT! EW DEVIANT! OUT OF MY SIGHT!" and instead are going to help them have fun.

Some of the stuff I do on my own is to get to know the players to see what they like, and then add a few touches to the background to keep their attention focused. Some players have a thing for strong, self-confident women. Others like witty NPCs whose silver tongue sculpts intelligent innuendo like an artist would sculpt a temple statue. Yet others like to read long descriptions of attractive NPCs wearing skimpy outfits, or flirting among each other, or displaying a certain personality trait (shy and corruptible, rash and reckless, stoic and quiet, etc).

And others just like to feel awesome, only not in combat. Maybe they want to go on a quest to bed a member of every intelligent race in the world. Maybe they want to find their one true love. Maybe they want to get the rest of the party into as much trouble as they can get away with.

Talk to your players, fostering an understanding atmosphere, and then listen to what they say. You'd be surprised how much material you end up with.

ImperatorK
2011-06-23, 11:16 PM
As I said earlier, I will be doing an PbP game, so my players will be random people, but everything will be stated in the recruitment post, so I will have players that are interested in the game as created by me and will know what's appropriate and what's not in that game (athough it WILL be an adult game not only because of the sex).

Shadowknight12
2011-06-23, 11:25 PM
As I said earlier, I will be doing an PbP game, so my players will be random people, but everything will be stated in the recruitment post, so I will have players that are interested in the game as created by me and will know what's appropriate and what's not in that game (athough it WILL be an adult game not only because of the sex).

How experienced are you with running PbP games? What sort of thing do you ask for in an application? Do you ask specific questions in the app format as an aid for coming up with a Personality blurb for the players? Do you ask the players to put on a separate spot of their application what they want to see in a game, what their playing style is, what they want out of a DM, etc? Do you talk to the players via PM after selections, one-on-one to get a good idea of their personality and how to get them hooked to the game? Do you foster a healthy and active OOC thread to get them all to exchange ideas, get to know each other and break the awkwardness of being all strangers? Do you talk to your players on IM or PM them regularly? Do you try to befriend the ones you particularly like so that you can play in other games together or invite each other to a game the other one is starting?

The amount of "Yes" answers indicate a higher chance of pulling this sort of thing off successfully. Likewise, they also indicate the applicability of what I said in my previous post.

If you don't... sorry, can't help you there. I don't want to discourage you, so I shan't say anything at all. I just don't think I could pull off an adult game with complete strangers and no attempts at establishing trust and rapport with them first.

OracleofWuffing
2011-06-23, 11:26 PM
You're suggesting to make a normal session and... make it adult later? :smallconfused:
I did state that I want to make it adult themed. And some people aren't really interested in such games. It would be risky to make a normal game and then all of a sudden introduce adult topics. Those players could get upset.
Pretty much, yeah. I mean, your "Goal" here is that you don't want your players to be involved with sex 100% of the time, so the other side of that coin is that you don't want to be talking about adult themes 100% of the time, either. Remember, adults can still slay dragons, save princess, and shove the BBEG into a fireplace just as well as children. Adding non-adult parts to an adult campaign does not instantly make it childish, in a perfect world, it would give players who don't want to play an adult game something that interests them. Sure, it can upset players, but that is both the nature of DMing, and the nature of Adult Themes- hence the waiting to get a feel for if your group is going to handle this in a mature way.

On that note, keep in mind that introducing too many adult topics at once, or repeating the same adult topic too many times, is going to be just as detrimental to your goal as saying, "This is a porno game, roll the dice to see if you have sex."

Are you doing this PbP here? I'm under the impression that things even in PbPs still need to be PG-13-or-lower-ish.

ImperatorK
2011-06-24, 12:00 AM
@ Shadowknight
Dude, you're making a too big deal out of it. :smallannoyed:
I know you mean good, but it's my problem if it will work out or not. Hell, there could even be no willing players for such a game! But if there are, I will deal with it and do what I can to make it work. This thread isn't about that, so for the sake of this discussion just assume that I have perfect players for the game and don't think about that anymore. :smallwink:

@ OracleofWuffing
You misunderstood me. I want erotic to be an important part of the game. I want sexual themes to be an important part as well.
I DON'T want sex to be THE MOST IMPORTANT and ONLY PART of the game and I DON'T want to create unbelivable/absurd/immersion-breaking/wierd plots and events for it.

Are you doing this PbP here? I'm under the impression that things even in PbPs still need to be PG-13-or-lower-ish.
No.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-24, 12:14 AM
Yeah, then I have no clue what you're looking for. Generic ideas have been tossed your way throughout the thread. Plenty of them have been low-key and not focused on sex at all. Be more specific, since you're not being consistent here.

OracleofWuffing
2011-06-24, 12:28 AM
@ OracleofWuffing
You misunderstood me. I want erotic to be an important part of the game. I want sexual themes to be an important part as well.
I DON'T want sex to be THE MOST IMPORTANT and ONLY PART of the game and I DON'T want to create unbelivable/absurd/immersion-breaking/wierd plots and events for it.
I don't understand where the misunderstanding is... If that sentence made any sense. :smallbiggrin: The thing is, if you don't want [something] to be the most important and only part of your campaign, the most direct solution is to ensure that you have parts of your campaign are not about [that something]. In fact, this can quite easily become a less-is-more situation, in that if something is commonplace, it's less important.

Aspects of your campaign can be important without repeating them throughout the entire campaign. For example, lightsaber fights are generally considered an important thing in Star Wars. However, the amount of lightsaber fights that actually happen in Star Wars, at least, in episodes 4-6, is quite small, and they don't even take up that much camera time. Taking that line of thinking, just hypothetically, if you set up a game where you post "I'm hosting a game about lightsabers," you're almost asking all your players to expect to have lightsabers. On the other hand, if you set up a game where "The BBEG is researching ruins of ancient peoples," and it just so happens later on that those ruins lead to the world's two last remaining lightsabers (of which the BBEG has one), you've sat yourself up a game where lightsabers are very important, and players won't build their characters around the concept of having lightsabers.

I mean, I know I'm stepping on some toes by comparing sex to Star Wars, but in terms of narrative, sex is just another storytelling device. If you want it to be special, you need to use it less, and make every usage count. A ten minute speech delivered in a loud voice says much less than a ten minute speech that delivers it's key point more loudly than the rest.

ImperatorK
2011-06-24, 01:02 AM
Man, this isn't going to work. My English is too poor to explain myself properly and I have a strange feeling that OracleofWuffing is deliberatly misunderstanding me. :smallannoyed:
Can some moderator lock or delete this entire thread? Because it is pointless. I won't get my questions answered and people are just wasting their time. :smallannoyed: (and also I would like to ask moderators if this kind of threads are allowed, please PM me about it)
I try to form proper questions and post them some other time.

Heliomance
2011-06-24, 03:33 AM
DMs. Plural. ALL 5 OF THEM! And some of them don't even know one another!

Andy? Dat you?

FatJose
2011-06-24, 09:00 AM
Man, this isn't going to work. My English is too poor to explain myself properly and I have a strange feeling that OracleofWuffing is deliberatly misunderstanding me. :smallannoyed:
Can some moderator lock or delete this entire thread? Because it is pointless. I won't get my questions answered and people are just wasting their time. :smallannoyed: (and also I would like to ask moderators if this kind of threads are allowed, please PM me about it)
I try to form proper questions and post them some other time.

No, it's you. You should ask some where in which they speak your language, because the guy's trying to help and he's been on-topic but you still don't get it. And now you're implying Oracle is trolling simply because you have a problem with English?

Frozen_Feet
2011-06-24, 09:14 AM

My answer would be to outline that the material is available, but not emphasize it beyond that. Example: when listing books available, mention Book of Erotic Fantasy. Note that adult content might, but won't necessarily, appear in the game.

In the games in which I played and eroticism reared its head, it arised almost solely from player agency, and proceeded to the point it was allowed by board rules. That might be the best way - to mention the possibility to your players and then see if the portion will organically become a factor in the game. Otherwise, proceed as normal.

ImperatorK
2011-06-24, 10:18 PM
No, it's you. You should ask some where in which they speak your language, because the guy's trying to help and he's been on-topic but you still don't get it. And now you're implying Oracle is trolling simply because you have a problem with English?
No, I completely get what he's saying. He's saying that I should make a NORMAL game, but I clearly stated that I want to make an ADULT game.
And I asked here instead of on my native boards because people here are more competent. I see that it's not the case in every topic. :smallannoyed:
And yes, it's all my fault, I failed to explain properly. Maybe if I would write "I want to make an adult BoEF themed game, but not with silly plots and quests, give me some suggestions" then maybe it would be a little clearer from the start. But it would be likely that people would think "Perv" and not help me at all.

Quietus
2011-06-24, 10:31 PM
No, I completely get what he's saying. He's saying that I should make a NORMAL game, but I clearly stated that I want to make an ADULT game.
And I asked here instead of on my native boards because people here are more competent. I see that it's not the case in every topic. :smallannoyed:
And yes, it's all my fault, I failed to explain properly. Maybe if I would write "I want to make an adult BoEF themed game, but not with silly plots and quests, give me some suggestions" then maybe it would be a little clearer from the start. But it would be likely that people would think "Perv" and not help me at all.

No, what we're saying is that there's two ways of going about what you're asking.

Route 1 : Make it a game that features adult situations - sex, intimacy, whatever you want to define erotic as - but don't make it so that every scene is "adult". This is what we've been saying, and you've been insisting that that's not adult enough for you.

Route 2 : Make a game that has sexual aspects in every single scene. This is what we're telling you won't work, but you seem to feel that your game isn't adult unless you're getting splashed with the sheer adult-ness of it at every turn.

I'll compare this to horror films. When you watch a horror film, is there something terrifying in every scene? No. You get a slow buildup, they build tension, they make you actually shift to the edge of your seat because you just KNOW that something's going to happen ANY MINUTE NOW... and then they go "BOOO!!!", and throw whatever their horror is at you. The tension is released, and you get to relax. Then they begin to build the tension again..

What you want to do is something similar. If you have "OMG SEX" in every scene, your players will get bored of it and it'll become a joke. Your best route to go about this in PbP is to specifically pitch the game by saying "Guys, I want to explore the romantic and intimate side of an adventurer's life. This game WILL explore adult themes, but it's not just a crazy sexpot world. I want to take a look at what adventurers do when the shackles of PG-13 rating come off, within the bounds of a game that follows <plot hints here>" This way, your prospective players understand that it's not just gonna be "lol boobies" all the time, but they also understand what you're trying to get out of your game.

Dimers
2011-06-25, 02:55 AM

Following some fluff in Oriental Adventures for D&D 3rd ed, I created a character exploring every possible reason for the slow dying of her race (nagas), and every possible way to fix it. Because repopulation is a pretty key component there, the character concept necessarily involved sex.

Another character I built had lost her extended family to treachery and was alone in a foreign land. Her primary goal to fulfill via adventuring was to meet a suitably noble and honorable man whose family she could join or with whom to make a new family. Adventuring does tend to introduce you to lots of extreme people, including extremely honorable ... plus, it's good for amassing wealth, the better to raise a family and acquire and support an estate.

I own the BoEF and I've included sex in my own game system and gameworld. What I've read and written in terms of rulebooks has no "draw". I wouldn't want to play a game in which sex is important just because sex is important -- I can get that from real life. :smallamused: I want to play in sexual or erotic RPGs because I have cool character concepts that I can't play out in nonsexual games. So my suggestion for the OP is this: try to gather players who want to try something they usually can't. Also, be sure to note the genre of play when advertising. The two I wrote about above are both fantasy medieval, though with some adaptation I could enjoy them just as much in a sci-fi setting. Modern realistic world? -- not a chance.

I don't have any particular suggestions for plot. I expect character-driven is the best option, because sexuality is about the people involved. Find a group of players, listen to their character concepts, and make up a world and situation that will fit all of them. Trying to do that, you'll find that specific ideas will come quickly. No pun intended. :smallwink:

ImperatorK
2011-06-25, 03:51 AM
I own the BoEF and I've included sex in my own game system and gameworld. What I've read and written in terms of rulebooks has no "draw". I wouldn't want to play a game in which sex is important just because sex is important -- I can get that from real life. I want to play in sexual or erotic RPGs because I have cool character concepts that I can't play out in nonsexual games.
Finally someone who understands. :smallsmile:

Flame of Anor
2011-06-25, 05:23 PM
Finally someone who understands. :smallsmile:

Man, we all understand that. What we're saying is that unless you keep the sex in moderation, it will just make it not work. Too much sex is less sex-as-interesting-character-motivation than a moderate amount of sex.

Oh, and if I may use a simile with entirely too many innuendos that don't make any sense--

It's like you're trying to drive a screw into wood. You want it to go in deeply, but you can't drill too hard--if you do, it will strip the head, and you won't be able to screw it any more. Even if it doesn't strip, if you screw it too much your drill will run out of battery.

(Because you are not extremely familiar with English, I will explain now that the power you use on the drill is the amount of sex you use, the depth the screw goes in is how interesting it makes your game, and the battery is how many interesting sexual situations you can come up with.)

ImperatorK
2011-06-25, 05:40 PM
BoEF begs to differ. :smallwink:

Look, lets say that the game takes place in a big city that's full of corruption, criminals, basically bad things happen on a daily basis. A vice city. And lets say that the PCs will deal in prostitution. So, as "pimps" they inevitably WILL have to deal with sex, even if we won't use BoEF. This is an adult themed game, which just happens to deal with sex, but what I'm trying to say is that I wanted to run such a game, and mostly have sex (and etc.) as background.

Zigg'rrauglurr
2011-06-25, 05:58 PM
It's like you're trying to drive a screw into wood. You want it to go in deeply, but you can't drill too hard--if you do, it will strip the head, and you won't be able to screw it any more. Even if it doesn't strip, if you screw it too much your drill will run out of battery

Screw-as-analogy-for-sex-in-rpg-too-much-pun-material *passes out from overpun potential*

Ejem... Just wanted to add my experience. I have played in different systems and with different types of people, and gladly I never encountered a group of players who felt that character-driven sex scenes where uncalled for. We didn't go as far as pornographic retelling of the encounter neither a fade to black.

As many have posted I honestly believe your best bet would be character-driven universe, letting your players know beforehand that you intend to explore, both sex, romance and their fallout.

ImperatorK, what's your native tongue, I speak spanish, if you wish to PM me on this subject, I can toss a couple of plot ideas or whatever you need.

ImperatorK
2011-06-25, 08:00 PM
Polish.
Why not here?

Jerthanis
2011-06-26, 05:11 AM
Love, sex, marriage and so on form huge parts of the goals and motivations of people in real life, so it only makes sense that it would inform these aspects of characters in RPGs.

Getting into the details of the encounter however, is something that has no appeal to me. The only reason not to do a "Kiss-kiss, fade to black" is if some vital piece of information is conveyed within that context, and I can't even come up with a hypothetical in my mind.

In addition, even being so explicit as to announce a "Kiss-kiss, fade to black" isn't necessary in most situations. Ongoing relationships can enjoy what I tend to call, "Static visual aesthetic" in RPGs... Think of whether your armor is well polished or dirty and grimy... as long as that remains unchanged you never have to announce again the cleanliness of your armor. Similarly, "These two people are in a relationship" informs a lot of actions without needing to be explicit... they likely sit together at mealtimes, they likely walk or ride alongside one another when traveling, and yes, they might go to bed at the same time.

Personally, I can think of only two times I've used the "Kiss-kiss fade to black" to explicitly invoke the act. This might just be my faulty memory.

Once was at the end of a long campaign where my character had endured a long and tumultuous relationship with a sorta tsundere woman. The relationship was just about to have been becoming serious when she was cursed to become a Succubus, so even more innocent intimate contact became lethal. What's more, my character had to endure bizarre quasi-jealousy, quasi horror, disgust, anger ect, as she had to feed to survive. At the end of the campaign, in the catacombs beneath the holiest of holy sites to which we returned the holiest of holy relics, we broke the curse. The scene was invoked because of the sudden release of tension keeping them apart, and to show that this was not a moment deserving of a chaste kiss, a shrug, and pushing on to smash more bad guys.

The other was somewhat recently in a rather humorous campaign when a PC went out of his way to woo a girl who, unbeknownst to the girl or anyone in the party, was being targeted by an evil cult who would wisk her away as a virgin sacrifice to their dark god. When that fact came out in the confrontation, the fact that it had been covered changed how the rest of the scene played out.

Zigg'rrauglurr
2011-06-26, 11:35 AM
Oh, just because AFAIK writing in anything but english in normal threads is not appreciated. If it was a "Spanish/Polish only thread" it might be ok. So if spanish was your native tongue, you would have been able to really convey to me what advice you were looking for.

Nevermind :smallwink:

Knaight
2011-06-26, 02:03 PM
Oh, just because AFAIK writing in anything but english in normal threads is not appreciated. If it was a "Spanish/Polish only thread" it might be ok. So if spanish was your native tongue, you would have been able to really convey to me what advice you were looking for.

You have clearly been reading different boards than I have. These boards see a lot of German, y un poco español tambien.

The Glyphstone
2011-06-26, 02:11 PM

Nevermind :smallwink:

You have clearly been reading different boards than I have. These boards see a lot of German, y un poco español tambien.

*cough cough*

Typing Incoherently/Foreign Languages
This is an English-speaking forum. With the exception of text-only translations of the comic or other specifically authorized exceptions, please use English only on this forum. While an occasional word or phrase is acceptable, entire posts, conversations, or threads in languages other than English will be scrubbed or closed.

Flame of Anor
2011-06-27, 11:29 AM
Screw-as-analogy-for-sex-in-rpg-too-much-pun-material *passes out from overpun potential*

*takes sweeping bow*

Yukitsu
2011-06-27, 01:01 PM
Andy? Dat you?

No, but the thought that another person has had both of those things happen to them is kinda frightening in hindsight.

Urpriest
2011-06-27, 03:53 PM
If you're still trying to find a way to get it across to people that adult themes will be explored but shouldn't be overemphasized, why not reference a well-known work of fiction to set the tone? Comparing the game to the Song of Ice and Fire series, for example, would get across that mature themes are covered without drawing too much attention to them.

Flame of Anor
2011-06-27, 07:42 PM
No, but the thought that another person has had both of those things happen to them is kinda frightening in hindsight.

How rare can it be to have a paladin seduce a succubus to the side of good? You get to be a hero and have sex with a super-hot demon. It's nearly every gamer's dream.

Yukitsu
2011-06-27, 09:25 PM
How rare can it be to have a paladin seduce a succubus to the side of good? You get to be a hero and have sex with a super-hot demon. It's nearly every gamer's dream.

More that there is some other player that has 5 separate DMs that molest your male characters with female characters. Having that probably means the succubus thing comes up I do admit.

Besides, it wasn't seduction, it was a paladin getting raped by a succubus. He just held out way longer in a couple key ways. (If I'm going to read the damn books, I may as well abuse the mechanics in them.)

Tyndmyr
2011-06-27, 10:46 PM

TBH, I have a lot of extremely open-minded friends. Most of whom roleplay. Still, they've never gone together in the sense of an entire campaign based around such topics. Oh, there's the hilarious joking, and near-constant quips and innuendos, but the core of the campaign is essentially always a more serious, non-sexual topic. I feel like it works better that way...D&D is inherently a somewhat conflict based game. It's not really very good at modeling relationships, and BoEF isn't really an improvement in this.

If players want it...they can pull in a bit of it, so long as they're keeping the other players amused/engaged, but I don't think it can really be forced or set as a goal. At least, not well, in D&D.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-27, 10:54 PM
I feel like it works better that way...D&D is inherently a somewhat conflict based game. It's not really very good at modeling relationships, and BoEF isn't really an improvement in this.

Relationships are a minefield of conflicts, particularly when there's more than one person in the picture. I've been introducing a player to D&D over several months, and he's yet to see combat. He's spent most of his time talking to people, uncovering mysteries and plot hooks, and rolling skill checks every so often.

It can be done.

Tyndmyr
2011-06-27, 11:06 PM
Relationships are a minefield of conflicts, particularly when there's more than one person in the picture. I've been introducing a player to D&D over several months, and he's yet to see combat. He's spent most of his time talking to people, uncovering mysteries and plot hooks, and rolling skill checks every so often.

It can be done.

Yeah, but D&D is substantially worse at resolving these sorts of conflicts. Unless you like to solve these conflicts with swords and fireballs...but that strikes me as remarkably bad for most relationships.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-27, 11:11 PM
Yeah, but D&D is substantially worse at resolving these sorts of conflicts. Unless you like to solve these conflicts with swords and fireballs...but that strikes me as remarkably bad for most relationships.

Why do you have to use your class features, which are almost exclusively geared for combat, to resolve non-combat conflicts? That's like wanting to use a spoon to paint a wall.

Tyndmyr
2011-06-27, 11:15 PM
Why do you have to use your class features, which are almost exclusively geared for combat, to resolve non-combat conflicts? That's like wanting to use a spoon to paint a wall.

Exactly. The tools D&D gives you are not suited to the task. It doesn't model that well at all. So, D&D doesn't lend itself well to such types of games. Other systems are more socially oriented, but I don't know of any that are erotic outside of the much-maligned FATAL. I feel like it'd be very challenging to make such a system without it being either a joke or horrifying, though.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-27, 11:47 PM
Exactly. The tools D&D gives you are not suited to the task. It doesn't model that well at all. So, D&D doesn't lend itself well to such types of games. Other systems are more socially oriented, but I don't know of any that are erotic outside of the much-maligned FATAL. I feel like it'd be very challenging to make such a system without it being either a joke or horrifying, though.

But... why do you need mechanics to solve conflicts? D&D may not give you specific tools to solve specific non-combat conflicts, but it does give you the bare basics you need if a mechanic is ever needed at all. Just because D&D doesn't have mechanics for things like STDs, pregnancy, appearance, prostitution, social awkwardness and the like (though you can find that in 3rd party and homebrew if you really want to have it), it doesn't make it an unsuitable system for solving social conflicts. It's really very much like stealth or traps. All the complexities of sneaking and trap-disabling are abstracted into a roll for whenever it's actually needed. The same thing happens to social conflicts.

Just because the system doesn't offer you a gamut of mechanics to deal with something doesn't make it an unsuitable to deal with those conflicts.

Seb Wiers
2011-06-28, 12:19 AM
To be fair, erotic encounters gone wrong (or gone right, at the wrong time) are a great excuse to get your characters in combat without their armor on, etc. Then again, so is simply sleeping- if your players are able to handle erotic themes, they can handle admitting the don't (typically) sleep in armor.

Tyndmyr
2011-06-28, 12:47 AM
But... why do you need mechanics to solve conflicts?

If I didn't want mechanics for conflict resolution, I'd be playing freeform. The entire point of rules heavy systems is to use the rules they give you.

Just because the system doesn't offer you a gamut of mechanics to deal with something doesn't make it an unsuitable to deal with those conflicts.

It's not just about quantity, it's about quality. In D&D, social conflict at best tends to come down to a skill check. This is not terribly interesting, complex, fun, or realistic. It's an abstraction to get social stuff out of the way so you can get back to killing things. This is not bad if you're out to kill things, level up, and get loot, but if the focus of the game is not on what the rules are about...you are not benefiting from the rules. D&D is great at what it does. It is definitely not great at everything. Erotic games are certainly in the category of things it does not handle well, much like your analogy of using a spoon to paint a wall.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 09:02 AM
If I didn't want mechanics for conflict resolution, I'd be playing freeform. The entire point of rules heavy systems is to use the rules they give you.

But there ARE rules to solve them. They are simple and minimised, yes, but you said yourself that you'd find it silly if there were any more complex. And besides, look at BoEF, Chainmail Bikini and that Guide thing. There you have your complex rules.

It's not just about quantity, it's about quality. In D&D, social conflict at best tends to come down to a skill check. This is not terribly interesting, complex, fun, or realistic. It's an abstraction to get social stuff out of the way so you can get back to killing things. This is not bad if you're out to kill things, level up, and get loot, but if the focus of the game is not on what the rules are about...you are not benefiting from the rules. D&D is great at what it does. It is definitely not great at everything. Erotic games are certainly in the category of things it does not handle well, much like your analogy of using a spoon to paint a wall.

Again, it does not handle them well in your opinion. It handles them well in my experience, and in the experience of my players. Are there better systems for this sort of thing out there? Surely. But "is not especially designed to handle them" =/= "does not handle them well."

Frozen_Feet
2011-06-28, 09:19 AM
But... why do you need mechanics to solve conflicts?

It's not really about that. The complaint is that D&D doesn't give you enough tools for social conflicts. It's bit of a funny complaint, since with the inclusion of BoEF it gives all the rules you could conceivably need, even though the focus of the system as a whole stays elsewhere. (You can still have a game's focus be entirely elsewhere, as you proposed.)

In general, I agree with you. D&D has enough material in it to run almost any kind of a fantasy game, that kind of fantasy included. :smallbiggrin:

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 09:32 AM
It's not really about that. The complaint is that D&D doesn't give you enough tools for social conflicts. It's bit of a funny complaint, since with the inclusion of BoEF it gives all the rules you could conceivably need, even though the focus of the system as a whole stays elsewhere. (You can still have a game's focus be entirely elsewhere, as you proposed.)

In general, I agree with you. D&D has enough material in it to run almost any kind of a fantasy game, that kind of fantasy included. :smallbiggrin:

I don't know why social conflict gets so much flak when D&D is known for under-simulating other aspects too. Again, stealth. Again, traps. Complex movement (wuxia style). Large-scale army control and battlefields (Miniatures Handbook and Heroes of Battle tried to address this, though). Economy. The list goes on and on. We have accepted these conditions when we sat down to play D&D. We have accepted that when something does not work for us, we will find a fix. Saying "oh but it does not cater to this aspect of roleplaying!" is a flimsy excuse. It does not cater to many things, yet we play D&D anyway. Could it be improved? Absolutely. And hey, look, it already has been. One of the third-party/homebrew materials I quoted above has rules for the specific act of having sex.

D&D can run a vast amount of things adequately. Furthermore, it is customisable enough to allow for a greater degree of complexity when required. It works.

Talya
2011-06-28, 11:37 AM
Other systems are more socially oriented, but I don't know of any that are erotic

*coughExaltedcough*

Tyndmyr
2011-06-28, 11:54 AM
I don't know why social conflict gets so much flak when D&D is known for under-simulating other aspects too. Again, stealth. Again, traps. Complex movement (wuxia style). Large-scale army control and battlefields (Miniatures Handbook and Heroes of Battle tried to address this, though). Economy. The list goes on and on.

Yeah, it's bad at modeling other things too. I would not recommend D&D for a primarily economic game either.

We have accepted these conditions when we sat down to play D&D. We have accepted that when something does not work for us, we will find a fix. Saying "oh but it does not cater to this aspect of roleplaying!" is a flimsy excuse. It does not cater to many things, yet we play D&D anyway.

Nah. I play D&D when I want to play what D&D is designed for and is good at. When I want something else, I play something else. You need not limit yourself to a single RPG.

Could it be improved? Absolutely. And hey, look, it already has been. One of the third-party/homebrew materials I quoted above has rules for the specific act of having sex.

The only one I'm familiar with is BoED. And the book is terrible. Things in it are sometimes mature, balanced or usable. All three? Forget about it.

D&D can run a vast amount of things adequately. Furthermore, it is customisable enough to allow for a greater degree of complexity when required. It works.

Everything is customizable and can be made to work. I can build a house with a dremel, too. Doesn't make it a great option.

ImperatorK
2011-06-28, 11:59 AM
Is there something of a "SRD" for Exalted? It sounds interesting. Maybe I could learn from it a thing or two.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 12:01 PM
Yeah, it's bad at modeling other things too. I would not recommend D&D for a primarily economic game either.

Again, "not explicitly designed to model X" =/= "bad at modelling X." The former is objective, the latter is subjective.

Nah. I play D&D when I want to play what D&D is designed for and is good at. When I want something else, I play something else. You need not limit yourself to a single RPG.

Then don't suggest others to do the same. If you choose to diversify yourself, that's awesome for you. Others stick to a single RPG. Don't say that it does not fulfil their needs, because it does. If you have higher standards and have no inconvenient in learning new systems from scratch, then all the more power for you. That does not make other systems inadequate.

The only one I'm familiar with is BoED. And the book is terrible. Things in it are sometimes mature, balanced or usable. All three? Forget about it.

Indeed. BoED sure is full of nonsense, like Ravages and Afflictions. The one I was talking about was that Guide (I forget its full name), which has a lot of excruciatingly detailed mechanics for sex and other related subjects. Chainmail Bikini has less explicit stuff, bordering more on the side of risqué than true erotica. Whether you find them to your tastes or not is up to you. They, nonetheless, exist.

Everything is customizable and can be made to work. I can build a house with a dremel, too. Doesn't make it a great option.

If someone wants to build a house with a dremel, you don't tell them "You are doing it wrong," you say "There are better tools out there, in case you were unaware. If you were aware, then here are some tips about using that dremel for house-construction."

Just_Ice
2011-06-28, 12:02 PM
*coughExaltedcough*

Seconded.

I'm not sure how hard Exalted is to find these days, but I assume it isn't easy.

Urpriest
2011-06-28, 12:12 PM
Seconded.

I'm not sure how hard Exalted is to find these days, but I assume it isn't easy.

Exalted is pretty trivially easy to find. It's probably the second most likely for a bookstore to carry after 4e.

Tyndmyr
2011-06-28, 12:16 PM
Again, "not explicitly designed to model X" =/= "bad at modelling X." The former is objective, the latter is subjective.

I can objectively show that, for instance, D&D economics is not similar to real economics. Infinite wealth is an easy to obtain thing. It is bad at modelling economics.

I can additionally demonstrate that skills do not model interpersonal relationships well. I can make characters that can consistently convince people that they are, in fact, a potato. This objectively does not model real world social behavior well. It is bad at it.

Then don't suggest others to do the same. If you choose to diversify yourself, that's awesome for you. Others stick to a single RPG. Don't say that it does not fulfil their needs, because it does. If you have higher standards and have no inconvenient in learning new systems from scratch, then all the more power for you. That does not make other systems inadequate.

Why not suggest that others do the same? Do threads like this not exist for the purpose of suggesting things that might work better?

Indeed. BoED sure is full of nonsense, like Ravages and Afflictions. The one I was talking about was that Guide (I forget its full name), which has a lot of excruciatingly detailed mechanics for sex and other related subjects. Chainmail Bikini has less explicit stuff, bordering more on the side of risqué than true erotica. Whether you find them to your tastes or not is up to you. They, nonetheless, exist.

BoEF, not BoED. I mistype that more than I should. It was fairly terrible. I am unfamiliar with Chainmail Bikini, but it must be a fairly comprehensive change to the system if it makes D&D work well as a social/erotic game.

If someone wants to build a house with a dremel, you don't tell them "You are doing it wrong," you say "There are better tools out there, in case you were unaware. If you were aware, then here are some tips about using that dremel for house-construction."

*looks back over previous posts*

*fails to find the words "you are doing it wrong"*

*finds words like "Other systems are more socially oriented"*

*Is very confused as to what point you are making*

Talya
2011-06-28, 12:24 PM
Seconded.

Exalted is a decent game in many ways. It is not eroticly focused overall, but it certainly deals with erotic elements.

My main ick-factor is it seems that white wolf games has a number of...well... "furries" on their writing staff.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 12:40 PM
I can objectively show that, for instance, D&D economics is not similar to real economics. Infinite wealth is an easy to obtain thing. It is bad at modelling economics.

I can additionally demonstrate that skills do not model interpersonal relationships well. I can make characters that can consistently convince people that they are, in fact, a potato. This objectively does not model real world social behavior well. It is bad at it.

And I can objectively demonstrate that you will never find a game that will ever model real economics, social interaction, psychology and many other aspects of reality, with more than a cursory degree of accuracy. Does that make them bad at it? Up to you.

Why not suggest that others do the same? Do threads like this not exist for the purpose of suggesting things that might work better?

Suggesting that alone is not constructive. Suggesting that AND a way to make it work within the system the OP is talking about IS constructive.

BoEF, not BoED. I mistype that more than I should. It was fairly terrible. I am unfamiliar with Chainmail Bikini, but it must be a fairly comprehensive change to the system if it makes D&D work well as a social/erotic game.

You keep using subjective words. "Work well" is up to you. You keep shifting your argument every time I point out the flaws in them. First, it was "does not have adequate mechanics," then "they are not complex enough," then "the complex ones are not tasteful," then "is inadequate at," then "is bad at," then "does not work well as."

You keep trying to pass off your opinions as facts on the game system. For as long as you continue to do so, I will keep proving you that they are no more than that, opinions.

*looks back over previous posts*

*fails to find the words "you are doing it wrong"*

*finds words like "Other systems are more socially oriented"*

*Is very confused as to what point you are making*

It's not really very good at modeling relationships, and BoEF isn't really an improvement in this.

I don't think it can really be forced or set as a goal. At least, not well, in D&D.

It's not just about quantity, it's about quality. In D&D, social conflict at best tends to come down to a skill check. This is not terribly interesting, complex, fun, or realistic.

Emphasis mine. You have yet to produce a single reason why D&D is "not suited" to portray these situations. In case you're not familiar with the definition of the word, allow me to quote it for you:

Suited (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suited):

adjective
appropriate: She is suited to such a job.
compatible or consistent with: a prose style suited to the subject.

Again, emphasis mine. And since we're on that track, let's look up appropriate (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/appropriate):

adjective
suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
belonging to or peculiar to a person; proper: Each played his appropriate part.

It is apt. It fits. It may not be enough in your opinion, and it may not be the best at it, but it works. It is adequate.

Tyndmyr
2011-06-28, 12:42 PM
It is apt. It fits. It may not be enough in your opinion, and it may not be the best at it, but it works. It is adequate.

And this is...less subjective? Really?

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 12:46 PM
And this is...less subjective? Really?

Yes. Because it is a fact. It works. People can sit down to play the game, social/erotic situations can arise in the game and be dealt with in some fashion, regardless of what those involve think of the resolution mechanics. It can be done. What is subjective is whether it satisfies or not the expectations of those involved.

It does not satisfy yours. That is okay. It may, however, satisfy someone else's.

Just_Ice
2011-06-28, 12:47 PM
Exalted is a decent game in many ways. It is not eroticly focused overall, but it certainly deals with erotic elements.

My main ick-factor is it seems that white wolf games has a number of...well... "furries" on their writing staff.

I'm pretty much convinced that "furries" is the reason Lunar Caste exists.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 12:50 PM
I'm pretty much convinced that "furries" is the reason Lunar Caste exists.

Pffft, as if this was the first time WW has invoked something "taboo" under the "mature" label to garner more sales.

Tyndmyr
2011-06-28, 01:00 PM
Yes. Because it is a fact. It works. People can sit down to play the game, social/erotic situations can arise in the game and be dealt with in some fashion, regardless of what those involve think of the resolution mechanics. It can be done. What is subjective is whether it satisfies or not the expectations of those involved.

It does not satisfy yours. That is okay. It may, however, satisfy someone else's.

That can be said of any game/playstyle. You can play Call of Cthulhu using Bunnies and Burrows rules, if you really want to, and are willing to add enough house rules and make it fit. But it's not particularly suited for it. So, I wouldn't generally advise doing so.

I admit to only having a limited amount of Exalted, but it didn't seem to be too ridiculous with erotic stuff. Oh, it's an over the top sort of game, sure, but it's that way with EVERYTHING. I didn't note any furries, though, so perhaps my limited exposure has protected me from the worst of it.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 01:08 PM
That can be said of any game/playstyle. You can play Call of Cthulhu using Bunnies and Burrows rules, if you really want to, and are willing to add enough house rules and make it fit. But it's not particularly suited for it. So, I wouldn't generally advise doing so.

You keep assuming that a lack of complex mechanics makes a game unsuitable for doing something. I can't speak of any other systems, but D&D has enough mechanics to handle practically any situation you wish to use it for. You do not need homebrew or houserules to make it work. You can add them if you want more complexity. There's a difference here that you don't get, which is what I've been explaining all along.

Tyndmyr
2011-06-28, 01:19 PM
You keep assuming that a lack of complex mechanics makes a game unsuitable for doing something. I can't speak of any other systems, but D&D has enough mechanics to handle practically any situation you wish to use it for. You do not need homebrew or houserules to make it work. You can add them if you want more complexity. There's a difference here that you don't get, which is what I've been explaining all along.

It's not about complexity. It's about a useful, somewhat accurate, somewhat playable model.

In D&D, combat is modeled extensively. It's useful, it's playable, it offers a great degree of choice. It's also complex, but that's more of a side effect than a goal.

Other things have, at most, a skill check. Skill checks are a very abstract mechanism. They do not generally offer much in the way of choice(generally it's either "do a skill check" or "don't do it", and success/failure is entirely binary). They are an extremely fast mechanism, so they are great at bypassing portions of the game(say, a survival check instead of describing in detail how you catch and cook a rabbit for lunch). However, bypassing is the opposite of focusing on something.

Just because a mechanism exists for something does not mean the game as a whole is well suited for it. Perhaps a campaign in which a huge portion of play is devoted to finding enough berries and leaves to stay alive is a fun idea for you. If so, great. But D&D will not offer you much to support this game. It's designed to skip over that to get to the things it is built for. That's why about half the table time typically ends up simulating a few seconds(at most, minutes) of combat). They put the detail into what they care about.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 01:33 PM
It's not about complexity. It's about a useful, somewhat accurate, somewhat playable model.

Vague, vague and vague. Those goals are extraneous to the discussion and subjective. What is "useful, accurate and playable" to you may or may not be so for another person. Playable, especially, is a particularly touchy word, since it is never used according to what it actually means. All games are playable by definition. What you mean, however, is a far more subjective concept that is likewise highly personal and variable.

In D&D, combat is modeled extensively. It's useful, it's playable, it offers a great degree of choice. It's also complex, but that's more of a side effect than a goal.

Availability of choice is a consequence of complexity, and complexity is a consequence of availability of choice. They cannot go apart.

Other things have, at most, a skill check. Skill checks are a very abstract mechanism. They do not generally offer much in the way of choice(generally it's either "do a skill check" or "don't do it", and success/failure is entirely binary). They are an extremely fast mechanism, so they are great at bypassing portions of the game(say, a survival check instead of describing in detail how you catch and cook a rabbit for lunch). However, bypassing is the opposite of focusing on something.

You are right that skills do not offer much in the way of choice. This is not a problem. This does not make the game inadequate to resolve those situations. This makes the game, at its absolute worst, simplistic.

Furthermore, bypassing something is your choice. You can bypass combat too. I bypass combat whenever I can, because I prefer to focus on meaningful combat, and not have combat for its own sake. I bypass whatever I choose to bypass, and the degree of choice or complexity on the matter has no bearing on it. Likewise, I focus on out-of-combat situations, because that's where I want to take my games.

I focus on what I want to focus. What you need to do is define what it is exactly that you are saying, because you've shifted your argument so much, you're back at the "It's bad because it doesn't have complex mechanics" argument, which I've just disassembled again.

Just because a mechanism exists for something does not mean the game as a whole is well suited for it. Perhaps a campaign in which a huge portion of play is devoted to finding enough berries and leaves to stay alive is a fun idea for you. If so, great. But D&D will not offer you much to support this game. It's designed to skip over that to get to the things it is built for. That's why about half the table time typically ends up simulating a few seconds(at most, minutes) of combat). They put the detail into what they care about.

On the contrary. That a mechanic exists means exactly that it is suited for it. Suited does not mean "excels at." It means "fits" or "is adequate." If it has a resolution mechanic for that situation it is, by definition, suitable for those situations. Whether they are up to your standards or not is a completely different matter.

You keep implying that one should play the systems that best represent or cater to whatever situation they want to make the game about. This is not a philosophy all people share. Some people find adequacy to be, unironically, adequate.

Urpriest
2011-06-28, 02:50 PM
Shadowknight12, perhaps you could describe the aspects of D&D's engine that make it better for you than other systems for more social or erotic games, since, IIRC, you have not yet done so in this thread.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 02:57 PM
Shadowknight12, perhaps you could describe the aspects of D&D's engine that make it better for you than other systems for more social or erotic games, since, IIRC, you have not yet done so in this thread.

I will do no such thing because I have never made any such assertion. I never said that D&D was better than any other system. I said that it was adequate. Furthermore, I do not believe that trying out new systems is a good thing in and of itself. It is only a good thing for those who enjoy doing so.

Tyndmyr
2011-06-28, 03:10 PM
On the contrary. That a mechanic exists means exactly that it is suited for it. Suited does not mean "excels at." It means "fits" or "is adequate." If it has a resolution mechanic for that situation it is, by definition, suitable for those situations.

No. Not every game mechanic ever created fits or is adequate even for what it was designed for. Some of them are downright terrible. Many of them are good for a specific goal, and are not viable choices for other goals.

Just because truenaming exists does not mean that it is an adequate mechanic.

Urpriest
2011-06-28, 03:15 PM
I will do no such thing because I have never made any such assertion. I never said that D&D was better than any other system. I said that it was adequate. Furthermore, I do not believe that trying out new systems is a good thing in and of itself. It is only a good thing for those who enjoy doing so.

You make the assertion implicitly by using the system for that task. You yourself have mentioned participation (don't remember if you were running it or not) in a D&D game that has gone months without any combat encounters at all, presumably intentionally. Therefore, you have decided that the D&D system is in that particular case the best way to represent that particular story. I am simply asking for you to share the reasons behind your decision, as I think they will help us to understand your motivations.

Notreallyhere77
2011-06-28, 06:26 PM
@ Imperator - My advice is to play up romantic relationships as a lead-in to the eroticism. That is the best way I know to have adult themes in your game and have the players take it seriously.

For instance, I played a female oracle for a Pathfinder game my friend was running, who had, on arrival, an established realtionship with the party rogue. We slept together, but our intimacy was more than just sex, we'd help each other put on armor, we'd eat together and share secrets that we kept from the rest of the party. We agreed at the start to take it seriously, so we were mature about it. It didn't even matter that both of us are straight males out-of-game, because the flirting and pet names in-game felt natural for the characters, as did the timing of more intimate acts. When we went back to our wagon, we went together, with the implicit intention of intercourse, but it wasn't the focus of our characters, and it wasn't the focus of the plot, but it did give our characters depth and motivation that we would otherwise not have had.
But it doesn't need to be serious all the time. In the same campaign (in fact, the same session my oracle was introduced), another PC got caught in some crossfire while in a brothel, and had to fire arrows out a window while the whore looked on in surprise. No fade to black, but not too many details, just enough to be funny.
So there you have two examples of in-game sex, with two different approaches taken to the subject, both in the same campaign. So it is possible to make this work, just be flexible in how you implement it, and don't try to make it a major plot event (unless it makes sense; an affair with the queen is likely going to have huge repercussions in the storyline), and don't make it seem forced, just let it happen the way it would in real life. People, particularly humans, have sex, and sometimes it's serious, and sometimes it isn't, and as long as you know which is which, you should be fine.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-28, 08:17 PM
No. Not every game mechanic ever created fits or is adequate even for what it was designed for. Some of them are downright terrible. Many of them are good for a specific goal, and are not viable choices for other goals.

Just because truenaming exists does not mean that it is an adequate mechanic.

"Some are downright terrible" in your opinion. If they can't resolve the situations they are meant to resolve, then yes, they are useless mechanics. But if they resolve them, regardless of how well they do so, they are, by definition, adequate.

I have no experience whatsoever with Truenaming. If the Truespeak check of an average character is enough to meet the set DCs, then it is an adequate mechanic. If it cannot meet the DCs without very heavy optimisation, houseruling or rules-bending, it is an inadequate mechanic.

You make the assertion implicitly by using the system for that task. You yourself have mentioned participation (don't remember if you were running it or not) in a D&D game that has gone months without any combat encounters at all, presumably intentionally. Therefore, you have decided that the D&D system is in that particular case the best way to represent that particular story. I am simply asking for you to share the reasons behind your decision, as I think they will help us to understand your motivations.

No, I do not make any such assertion implicitly, because I explicitly say the opposite in one of my posts. And yes, I am running a game which has been going on for months and has yet to see a single combat encounter. You keep missing the point, despite the fact that I spelled it out here:

You keep implying that one should play the systems that best represent or cater to whatever situation they want to make the game about. This is not a philosophy all people share. Some people find adequacy to be, unironically, adequate.

I do not believe that one should necessarily play the best system designed for a given task. Adequacy is sufficient. If I know D&D and I like D&D and I do not derive enjoyment from learning new systems, I have every right to use D&D to handle whatever situations I wish it to handle, whether or not D&D has been conceived with such situations in mind or not. I (and my players) are satisfied with adequacy. "There is a better system for that" holds no sway for us.

I have no problem if other people say they prefer other systems for games focused on non-combat situations. That's fine, we all have our preferences. But do not say that "it does not handle those situations well" because guess what? My entire D&D experience proves you wrong. I have never played or run a single combat-focused game in my life. At the very worst, combat was prevalent, but it was never the sole focus of the game. By saying "it does not do this well" you are invalidating my entire experience with the system simply because it does not coincide with your opinion.

dsmiles
2011-06-28, 08:21 PM
I have no experience whatsoever with Truenaming. If the Truespeak check of an average character is enough to meet the set DCs, then it is an adequate mechanic. If it cannot meet the DCs without very heavy optimisation, houseruling or rules-bending, it is an inadequate mechanic.
Just for reference, it's worse than inadequate. It's downright silly.

Gavinfoxx
2011-06-28, 08:26 PM
I thought that the guy who made Werewolf The Apocalypse was REALLY pissed off that lots of furries liked his game, and didn't want to associate with them, and said something to the effect of 'W:tA isn't furry because girl werewolves don't have breasts!' or something utterly inane and misunderstanding of the furry fandom entierly, and part of the reason of the second version of the Werewolf game was to make it LESS interesting to Furries?

The Glyphstone
2011-06-28, 09:18 PM
I'm pretty sure anyone who says White Wolf invented the NWoD specifically so less furries would play Werewolf is smoking something pretty potent.

Gavinfoxx
2011-06-28, 09:23 PM
I'm pretty sure anyone who says White Wolf invented the NWoD specifically so less furries would play Werewolf is smoking something pretty potent.

Lessee...

Ah found some of the info.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Werewolf:_the_Apocalypse

Look at the last bit, "W:tA and furry gamers". Several design choices make it LESS friendly to furry gamers, whether intentionally or not.

Cerlis
2011-06-28, 09:25 PM
I understand shadowknights point well enough.

D&D is adiquate for portraying these situations. fair enough.

The Glyphstone
2011-06-28, 09:50 PM
Lessee...

Ah found some of the info.

http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Werewolf:_the_Apocalypse

Look at the last bit, "W:tA and furry gamers". Several design choices make it LESS friendly to furry gamers, whether intentionally or not.

That's more logical - saying that when W:tF was made, certain choices were designed to be anti-Furry is understandable. I thought you were saying they made the entire Forsaken game specifically to drive the furries away.

Gavinfoxx
2011-06-28, 10:02 PM
That's more logical - saying that when W:tF was made, certain choices were designed to be anti-Furry is understandable. I thought you were saying they made the entire Forsaken game specifically to drive the furries away.

It's certainly plausible that they intended to. Look at the Ethan Skemp quote...

dsmiles
2011-06-28, 10:06 PM
It's certainly plausible that they intended to. Look at the Ethan Skemp quote...You shouldn't make fun of my brother-in-law...I don't take kindly to that. (Just kidding, I make fun of him and my sister all the time in the gaming community. :smalltongue:)

Gavinfoxx
2011-06-28, 10:30 PM
You shouldn't make fun of my brother-in-law...I don't take kindly to that. (Just kidding, I make fun of him and my sister all the time in the gaming community. :smalltongue:)

Maybe you can point some of the wikifur editors to some sources that could solve the argument presented in that section?

dsmiles
2011-06-28, 10:35 PM
Maybe you can point some of the wikifur editors to some sources that could solve the argument presented in that section?Not to sound unaware, but what the hell is a "wikifur?" Sorry, I'm not really into furries. (Granted I have two anthropomorphic races I'm working on in my 4e campaign setting, but they're more "animals with brains and hands" than "smexy half-animals." I don't feel as if they're either "for furries," or "against furries," I write what I write.)

Gavinfoxx
2011-06-28, 11:02 PM
Not to sound unaware, but what the hell is a "wikifur?" Sorry, I'm not really into furries. (Granted I have two anthropomorphic races I'm working on in my 4e campaign setting, but they're more "animals with brains and hands" than "smexy half-animals." I don't feel as if they're either "for furries," or "against furries," I write what I write.)

Wikifur is the wiki for furries that I linked to earlier in reference to Werewolf? And animals with brains and hands IS what furry is about? The smexy thing is a subcategory that SOME furries are about... lots of furry stuff is for kids and g rated and such.

Hence the making fun of Ethan for misunderstanding the difference between Furverts (the subcategory) and Furries (the umbrella category)?

dsmiles
2011-06-29, 07:17 AM
Read some of the article. I think that WW messed up by trying to alienate potential buyers, but that's the only opinion I'll render on the subject. I'll leave the rest alone.

RPGuru1331
2011-06-29, 09:18 AM
Exalted is ludicrously easy to find if you don't really want hardcopies.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/metal.php

Substantial numbers of drivethruRPG's 'precious metals' are for the Exalted gameline.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=3671&it=1&filters=0_0_0_1820

Is the core.

It may not be your thing, I'm reasonably sure there's some 'demo' stuff for it to see a bit more.

Tyndmyr
2011-06-29, 12:03 PM
It shows up with some frequency in my local game shops...I'd put it as one of the major systems out there. It tends not to show up in normal book stores as much, but it's a possibility even there.

ZeroGear
2011-06-30, 08:51 AM
Pardon me if I may interrupt, but as far as quest ideas, would like to put my two cents worth in:

Try starting the game off in some low key way. Bars work best, but a brothel waiting room could do just as well. Then throw in something to bring the characters together. Perhaps a bear comes crashing though the walls, and the characters are brought together in an attempt to save the prostitutes and staff.

Alright, game is begun. Tome for something less spicy. Perhaps the pcs now are working together to find a criminal or something. Moving on.

Have the characters stat a quest to save a princess before the villain uses the child to father a scion of evil meant to lead an demon horde to destroy the world. The only way to fin him though is from a nymph oracle who will tell them if they can "please her". If they don't make it in time, have the villain cry out in a triumphant voice "Too late heroes! I have already taken the princesse's virginity! Nothing can stop the end now, prepare to perish!" Bonus points if the villain is a Lich.

Alright, other ideas that have a slight sexual flavor:

{Scrubbed}

The prince has been kidnaped. Unless he is returned in time for his weeding, the royal family of the princess he is to marry will take it as a great insult and declare war.

Hope this has helped you.

Titanium Fox
2011-06-30, 10:55 AM
{Scrubbed by User}

Tyndmyr
2011-06-30, 11:17 AM
The prince has been kidnaped. Unless he is returned in time for his weeding, the royal family of the princess he is to marry will take it as a great insult and declare war.

Presuming you meant wedding, then yes. I like a subtle touch like this. It's easy for "erotic" to mean "we're going to make jokes about sex". It's much better to deal with it in a more realistic fashion, in which people tend not to address it directly.

Yknow, you've got all the classic stories where the villain threatens to force the princess to marry him. That's acceptable evil, but nobody wants to hear it get rapey.

Yukitsu
2011-06-30, 07:16 PM
Presuming you meant wedding, then yes. I like a subtle touch like this. It's easy for "erotic" to mean "we're going to make jokes about sex". It's much better to deal with it in a more realistic fashion, in which people tend not to address it directly.

Yknow, you've got all the classic stories where the villain threatens to force the princess to marry him. That's acceptable evil, but nobody wants to hear it get rapey.

Yeah, because it's not rapey if there's a forced marriage. :smalltongue: Only diff is you don't have to say the word and people don't get quite as divine retributiony on the villain as the alternative I think.

Flame of Anor
2011-06-30, 08:11 PM
@ Imperator - My advice is to play up romantic relationships as a lead-in to the eroticism. That is the best way I know to have adult themes in your game and have the players take it seriously.

For instance...

I'm guessing your group is more mature than most.

Have the characters stat a quest to save a princess before the villain uses the child to father a scion of evil meant to lead an demon horde to destroy the world. The only way to find him though is from a nymph oracle who will tell them if they can "please her". If they don't make it in time, have the villain cry out in a triumphant voice "Too late heroes! I have already taken the princesse's virginity! Nothing can stop the end now, prepare to perish!"

Ah, yes, it has that good classic feel, but with a sexual element that isn't out of place. Good, good.

Bonus points if the villain is a Lich.

:eek:

{Scrubbed the post, scrub the quote.}

Now, that's just silly. :smalltongue:

This one's quite good, though.

ZeroGear
2011-07-01, 05:22 AM
Please note, I would like to apologize to anyone here that I have offended with my previous post. My time in college has dulled my moral sensate to what is appropriate, and has caused me to make a mistake, I am sorry.
On the other had, I would like to say thank you for liking my idea, as I was trying to show how a game could have a sexual undertone but still not be nothing but sex jokes.
(p.s. The lich would most likely have used gentle repose a lot if he intended to sire a child. Most likely he made a ring that would fit you-know-where)

El Dorado
2011-07-01, 11:25 PM
Adult themes happen off screen in the games in which I've played. Stuff like: my bard draws The Flames card from a Deck of Many Things. Next thing I know he's living the high life, develops a minor drug/drinking problem, and becomes involved with a very alluring woman. He manages to get himself clean but in the process he alienates the woman. The woman, wearing not a stitch of clothing, wakes him up one night, telling him that that he's greatly disappointed her, and for the first time, I realize that my character's pissed off a succubus. . . .