PDA

View Full Version : Last Feat for a Beguiler

LaughingRogue
2011-06-21, 10:53 PM
STR: 8 DEX: 8 CON: 12 INT: 18 WIS: 10 CHA: 14

Beguiler 20
Human

1st level: Spell Focus (enchantment), Fey Heritage (Complete Mage)

3rd level: Fey Power (Complete Mage)

6th level: Greater Spell Focus (enchantment)

9th level: Unsettling Enchantment(Complete Mage)

12th level: Darkstalker (Lords of Madness)

15th level: Heighten Spell

18th level: Not Chosen

So what do you think, I'm not sure about what i'm going to take for my last feat --- (Dm won't allow me to take anymore Fey Heritage feats, much to my dismay).

Thurbane
2011-06-21, 10:57 PM
Is the order you're taking them set?

There's two I'd recommend, both from the Dragon Magazine Compendium: one of the Bloodline feats (will give you an extra "spell known" per spell level, outside of the Beguiler list); or Song of the Dead - +1 metamagic feat that allows your mind affecting spells to affect intelligent undead.

LaughingRogue
2011-06-21, 10:58 PM
Is the order you're taking them set?

There's two I'd recommend, both from the Dragon Magazine Compendium: one of the Bloodline feats (will give you an extra "spell known" per spell level, outside of the Beguiler list); or Song of the Dead - +1 metamagic feat that allows your mind affecting spells to affect intelligent undead.

No, not until the first game ;) --- any suggestions would be a help of course :)

Edit::: And I really like Song of the dead...now where to put it...

LaughingRogue
2011-06-25, 01:27 AM
Something I forgot about...my DM likes to be one of those guys who bans Dragon Magazine outright,

Any other suggestions?

Big Fau
2011-06-25, 01:34 AM
Song of the Dead was updated in the Dragon Compendium, an official WotC product.

Zaq
2011-06-25, 01:42 AM
Maybe Sculpt Spell? Sure, it's a little out of date by 18th, but it's still useful.

If you can get a nice WIS-boosting item, Arcane Disciple for a domain that doesn't offer a lot of saving throws could work. You need good WIS for it, though.

Invisible Spell can be fun, if you're into that sort of thing.

SleepyShadow
2011-06-25, 01:43 AM
Leadership. Done deal. More powerful than any other feat you can snag.

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-25, 01:54 AM
Shadow Weave Magic (Player's Guide to Faerun, IIRC. That or FRCS)

+1 DC to Enchantment, Illusion, and Necromancy spells. -1 CL to Transmutation (you have 2 trans spells on your list) and evocation (I don't think you have any)

Gotta worship Shair to take it, but I think you'd be willing to do that, seeing as you're optimizing your DC.

LaughingRogue
2011-06-25, 02:21 AM
Shadow Weave Magic (Player's Guide to Faerun, IIRC. That or FRCS)

+1 DC to Enchantment, Illusion, and Necromancy spells. -1 CL to Transmutation (you have 2 trans spells on your list) and evocation (I don't think you have any)

Gotta worship Shair to take it, but I think you'd be willing to do that, seeing as you're optimizing your DC.

Game is taking place in Greyhawk and as for taking leadership as one person said, there is a limit placed on our games as to how many cohorts there can be and seeing as the bard is taking the cohort that is out --- I didn't take a look at many metamagics, i'm going to go do that now

Darth_Versity
2011-06-25, 05:28 AM
+1 for taking a bloodline feat. There in dragon compendium which is an official sourcebook, but everything in it is from dragon magazine so it's iffy when a dm doesn't want dragon. Check with them first

If it's all good the the Penumbra bloodline is very good. It's what ive just taken with my beguiler.

LaughingRogue
2011-06-25, 08:05 AM
+1 for taking a bloodline feat. There in dragon compendium which is an official sourcebook, but everything in it is from dragon magazine so it's iffy when a dm doesn't want dragon. Check with them first

If it's all good the the Penumbra bloodline is very good. It's what ive just taken with my beguiler.

Anything else besides things out of Dragon(even if they are dragon compend), or stuff specific to a Setting (unless it's greyhawk and they are very few), I knew this wasn't going to be the easiest endevour because I looked for a while before I posted,

How about meta-magics : what are the best that I can use as a beguiler?
Is sculpt spell the best metamagic option, what's everyone's thoughts?

Thefurmonger
2011-06-25, 08:38 AM
Coercive Spell from Drow of the underdark+PW Pain is a great combo for a Beguiler

A lot depends on your DM and his take on quicken spell, as I play Pathfinder this is a great opener and gives a long lasting -2 to will saves.

Without quicken you will have to pick up Rapid metamagic from CM first.

And for me, I would not actually take quicken, just lesser rod it and your good.

Talya
2011-06-25, 09:05 AM
You'd probably get more use out of spell focus illusion + spell penetration, especially if you took the shadow conjuration/evocation spells with advanced learning.

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-25, 10:12 AM
If you want to quickly up your Illusion spells, (and you have one point or Magic Item to put in Con, it doesn't look like you added the 5 points you got for leveling up yet or anything) you could take Shape Soulmeld for the Illusion Veil. It adds +2 DC to Illusion spells. (Magic of Incarnum)

Illusion Veil might not be the right name, I'm AFB, but it's like GSF (Illusion) for just one feat. Requires 13 Con though.