PDA

View Full Version : The Pact Primeval

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-06-21, 10:54 PM
I know what it allowed Asmodeus and the other Devils to do but is there any written copy of it out there? I would very much like to read it.

TroubleBrewing
2011-06-21, 11:08 PM
Nope. Implied document, much like the Necronomicon in the Lovecraftian mythos.

It's much scarier to imagine than it would be to actually write it out.

Alleran
2011-06-21, 11:09 PM
I don't think there's an actual copy of the exact wording. There are three copies of it in-universe, though. There's one in Nessus, one in Celestia and one in Mechanus.

ImperatorK
2011-06-21, 11:12 PM
I have a copy and I can give it to you, but the price will be high. Hm... I trade it for not less then... your immortal soul!

druid91
2011-06-21, 11:15 PM
I have a copy and I can give it to you, but the price will be high. Hm... I trade it for not less then... your immortal soul!

One soul? That's pretty cheap. Unfortunately my cybernetics ate mine so...:smalltongue:

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-06-21, 11:39 PM
Nope. Implied document, much like the Necronomicon in the Lovecraftian mythos.

It's much scarier to imagine than it would be to actually write it out.

Curses, I was really looking forward to reading it. Oh well.

Tvtyrant
2011-06-21, 11:41 PM
Curses, I was really looking forward to reading it. Oh well.

I think the issue is that its supposed to be perfect, but no one is hiring a high priced lawyer to make a perfect document when you can just say its perfect.

Alleran
2011-06-22, 01:45 AM
I think the issue is that its supposed to be perfect, but no one is hiring a high priced lawyer to make a perfect document when you can just say its perfect.
Even if a high-priced lawyer was hired to write it, I'd be willing to bet that somebody on the Internet could find a loophole.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-06-22, 01:48 AM
Even if a high-priced lawyer was hired to write it, I'd be willing to bet that somebody on the Internet could find a loophole.

...Agreed.

Makiru
2011-06-22, 05:26 AM
The Pact Primeval isn't written out for the same reason the Lady of Pain doesn't have stats. It exists as a plot device, and whether or not the GM wants it to have loopholes is up to them.