PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice in PrC

Triskavanski
2011-06-22, 01:51 AM
Monk of the Ten Brews (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0BxPtqo6TmxERZTY4OWFlMDUtYjM0Mi00MWU4LWEzMWM tNjJjYjFmMmQ0OWMz&hl=en_US)

Trying to figure out the cap stone, and possibly any ki point things that could be done with it.

Also want to make sure its balanced.

The main idea is to blend internal alchemist (who gains a bunch of monkish bonus list feats) with the Drunken monk.

The Witch-King
2011-06-22, 10:56 AM
Maybe something where any melee attack against him is automatically returned with an unarmed combat attack of opportunity, perhaps with a penalty and any time he's flanked, if an attack by one of his opponents misses, that opponent must then roll the same attack against one of the other flankers to represent the monk rolling out of the way unexpectedly?

Triskavanski
2011-06-22, 11:48 AM
I'm not too sure on that really.. if I do use it, it might go at level 8 or 9 or possibly 5. would need drunken Ki for it.

Newest version (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0BxPtqo6TmxERYWQ2YTAxNzctNmRkMC00OThhLWFjNTI tNzMzYjZhYzUxOWE4&hl=en_US)

Yitzi
2011-06-22, 12:35 PM
I don't really know how the "extract" thing works, so this might be broken, but would a good capstone be letting him gain two extracts per brew?

Triskavanski
2011-06-22, 12:51 PM
In a basic sense, what the "extract" thing, (Alchemist 'spells') for the brews is allowing him to pick 10 different extracts alchemists can make and being able to spontaneously cast them whenever he drinks the appropriate alcohol.

So he could have red wine cast cure light wounds on him. Or dwarven ale cast bulls strength, Fishwater cast some sort of poly-morph spell.

Due to fast drinker, he is to quaff down alcohols as a swift action. Giving him 2 extracts per brew might tip him into the OP side if he isn't already. I might need to change brew to say to use this secondary effect it takes a standard action.