View Full Version : Druid / Planar Shepard question...

Goblinoid
2011-06-22, 02:56 AM
So for a game im playing in that i died recently im making a new character, im thinking of making a druid/Planar Shepard lvl 12, and my question is if i took The elemental plane of fire as my plane and got the 9th level ability and turned myself into an Efreeti, would i then be able to use the Efreeti's Spell-like ability wish on my fellow party members?

Also any help in general on a good plane to choose for this would be helpful as well thanks

NNescio
2011-06-22, 03:06 AM
So for a game im playing in that i died recently im making a new character, im thinking of making a druid/Planar Shepard lvl 12, and my question is if i took The elemental plane of fire as my plane and got the 9th level ability and turned myself into an Efreeti, would i then be able to use the Efreeti's Spell-like ability wish on my fellow party members?

Also any help in general on a good plane to choose for this would be helpful as well thanks

Yes.

Alternatively, pick Dal Quoar as your plane, and then you and everyone within your planar bubble (read: you and your party) will gain 10 rounds of actions for each round of action gotten by those outside (read: your enemies).

Actual advice? Don't use Planar Shepard. Unless you want to give your DM nightmares.

Alleran
2011-06-22, 03:07 AM
Yes.

Also, pick Dal Quoar as your plane, and then you and everyone within your planar bubble (read: you and your party) will gain 10 rounds of actions for each round of action gotten by those outside (read: your enemies).

Actual advice? Don't use Planar Shepard. Unless you want to give your DM nightmares.
Even better, since every variety of creature (I think) exists within the Dal Quor/Region of Dreams/whatever you're calling it, you should be able to turn into an efreeti that way as well.

If you're in a high-op game, having a Planar Shepherd buddy pull up a Dal Quor bubble around a Beholder Mage can lead to... well, a lot of spells in a very short period of time. Sure, you'll only be able to do it once per day or so, but if there's anything left of your target in the smoking crater you'll leave behind, I'd be surprised.

Big Fau
2011-06-22, 03:11 AM
Sure, you'll only be able to do it once per day or so, but if there's anything left of your target in the smoking crater you'll leave behind, I'd be surprised.

Planar Bubble lasts as long as you Concentrate, to a maximum of 3 hours/class level.

Whoever thought that class up was ON CRACK.

Innis Cabal
2011-06-22, 03:17 AM
He means the spell nuking, which if you go nova then you can only do it once per day. As a DM I would then make sure the next fight came with a few of the time protecting constructs with a Planar Shepard of my own to pull the same trick.

Yora
2011-06-22, 05:45 AM
But as the original poster said, he doesn't actually want to pick Dal Quor, so that problem is already solved.