PDA

View Full Version : Heartless dwarf query? (seriously no heart)

the clumsy bard
2011-06-22, 01:40 PM
In the game I am in right now an npc is about to lose his heart... literally.

The NPC in question is a devout cleric of Moradin. He is one of 6 next in line to become the head priest of Moradin.

He is removing his own heart... well there is a lot to this, but the main reason being that Moradin is currently in a state of stasis, because due to story events he has had his heart ripped out by a more powerful entity that our characters are working to stop.

The character wants to emulate his God's state of being heartless. The DM has ruled that the character will come looking for my PC for information on how to do this. Another long story short my character had done something similar. In game he will sort of follow me for a little bit do to this and the DM has allowed me to decide what kind of character the heartless dwarf would be.

Personally I am hitting a wall. At first I though Ur-Priest, but I'm hesistant because well Ur'Priests are generally stinky cheese etc.

So far the character has to have 20-21 levels

Using a 32 point buy system.

Any official wizards 3.0 - 3.5 books

Dm has banned hexblade and beguiler as classes.

Race must be dwarf of some sort.

mootoall
2011-06-22, 01:43 PM
If it's already epic levels, I say let it have Ur-Priest. Just give it a non-spellcasting class before it took Ur-Priest, so it only has divine casting, and it'll be fine. Won't be any more broken than anything else at that level.

Telonius
2011-06-22, 01:51 PM
So, will removing the heart cause any problems for the character? As in, dying?

Super-devoted to the deity sounds an awful lot like Cleric, Paladin, or Favored Soul to me. But post-disheartening?

The only things I'm coming up with, fluff-wise, are falling into a couple categories. First, the "deal with outside powers" sorts of classes/PrC's, like Warlock or Tainted Scholar, but those tend to evil. (Warlocks can be good, I know). The others are actually Arcane PrC's: Blood Magus and Green Star Adept. GSA sucks mightily, but could provide for life after blood circulation. Going the other direction, Blood Magus is blood-centric and could turn on a plot point of inexplicable resurrection plus newfound fascination with the physical. Either way, the DM could houserule it to be open to Divine classes, and switch some of the prereqs/benefits from Arcane to Divine.

Big Fau
2011-06-22, 02:54 PM
So, will removing the heart cause any problems for the character? As in, dying?

A spell in the Spell Compendium replaces your heart with a stone one. One can assume something similar is in effect here. Or Lichdom.

the clumsy bard
2011-06-23, 10:27 AM
How about this:

Dwarf Factotum 10 / Ur-Priest 1 / Knight of the raven 10

+16 BAB
9th level divine spells
Ability to take extra standard actions to cast more spells (factotum)
Good amount of skills

Keeping in mind that the flavor for knight of the raven have been changed to evil and some of the flavor, aka turn undead becomes rebuke, light bonus becomes darkness etc.

Feats:
Spell focus (evil) --> prerequisite for ur-priest
Iron Will --> Prerequisite for ur-priest
Persistent spell
divine metamagic: persistent spell
Extend Spell
Font of inspiration
Font of inspiration
Font of inspiration

Big Fau
2011-06-23, 11:32 AM
How about this:

Dwarf Factotum 10 / Ur-Priest 1 / Knight of the raven 10

+16 BAB
9th level divine spells
Ability to take extra standard actions to cast more spells (factotum)
Good amount of skills

Keeping in mind that the flavor for knight of the raven have been changed to evil and some of the flavor, aka turn undead becomes rebuke, light bonus becomes darkness etc.

Feats:
Spell focus (evil) --> prerequisite for ur-priest
Iron Will --> Prerequisite for ur-priest
Persistent spell
divine metamagic: persistent spell
Extend Spell
Font of inspiration
Font of inspiration
Font of inspiration

Replace Iron Will with Font of Inspiration via the O.Hole in Complete Scoundrel and it's good.

the clumsy bard
2011-06-23, 11:41 AM
Iron will is a pre requisite though for Ur-priest. Wouldn't that disqualify the character for the prestige class then after replacing it with something else?

*edit nevermind I just read about the otyugh hole... sorry thanks for the suggestion!