PDA

View Full Version : a question about 2 weapon fighting

Kenneth
2011-06-22, 02:08 PM
I am in a not to sure of state regarding a fellow player's rules 'quote' This is for pathfinder by the way.

right now my character is dual wielding. according to him in order to take the extra attack my off hand weapon gives, I need to perform a full attack action.

for me the rules states "If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon"

I may be thinking of just plain 3.5 ed and pathfinder might have some different rules in reards to some things.

I would appreciate it if somebody would quote the exact rules and let me know the page # ( I do not have the book, i use the SRD to play pathfinder.)

if i had the book this whole question would be moot as i would have the answer myself :(.

Keld Denar
2011-06-22, 02:12 PM
Here it is (http://http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Full-Attack)

If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough (see Base Attack Bonus in Classes), because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon, or for some special reason, you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks. You do not need to specify the targets of your attacks ahead of time. You can see how the earlier attacks turn out before assigning the later ones.

Kenneth
2011-06-22, 02:16 PM
dang.. that makes having a skirmishing character completely useless :(

is there a way around this at all?

in terms of feats or magical tiems that allows me to ever be able to use my 2nd attack?

Big Fau
2011-06-22, 02:24 PM
dang.. that makes having a skirmishing character completely useless :(

is there a way around this at all?

in terms of feats or magical tiems that allows me to ever be able to use my 2nd attack?

Travel Devotion, Complete Champion. You can now move as a Swift action.

Kenneth
2011-06-22, 02:26 PM
thats, but that is not from pathfinder.. I could have sword I said that this was pathfinder in my orignial post:( must have forgot it.

anyways this is for a pathfinder game, so pathfinder sources only.

Big Fau
2011-06-22, 02:30 PM
thats, but that is not from pathfinder.. I could have sword I said that this was pathfinder in my orignial post:( must have forgot it.

anyways this is for a pathfinder game, so pathfinder sources only.

Ask your DM to update the feat. It's vital for a Skirmish build unless you can get Pounce from somewhere.

BlueInc
2011-06-22, 02:30 PM
Is the Pathfinder APG allowed?

[Edit:] I thought there was a rogue talent that let you pounce, but I was thinking of some Druid and Cleric variant rules in Pathfinder :P.

KillianHawkeye
2011-06-22, 02:32 PM
That rule was exactly the same in 3.5, btw.

Kenneth
2011-06-22, 02:33 PM
Is the Pathfinder APG allowed?

Yes, it is allowed.

I totally forgot about pounce.. isn't there boots that basically give me that ability or am I just dreaming here?