PDA

View Full Version : Vital Strike [PF]

Infernalbargain
2011-06-22, 10:47 PM
In my home games, I let Vital Strike work with things like charge or Spring Attack.

I find this quite interesting. While by RAW, PF is not very friendly to melee, some of the devs play it differently. So could there be hope in Ultimate Combat?

Fax Celestis
2011-06-22, 10:51 PM
Doubt it. Pathfinder's doin' a pretty good job of keeping the casters/fighters paradigm 3.5 had.

tyckspoon
2011-06-22, 10:59 PM
Depends on how tight the editorial control is and who works on it. There's been some interesting stuff put out, but one of the head Pathfinder guys is known to be pretty firmly in the "melee characters don't get nice things camp" (cref Monks can't use Improved Natural Attack ruling). If he's in charge of the project, status will likely continue to be quo.

Ashram
2011-06-22, 11:04 PM
Yeah, my group and I usually allow Vital Strike to work with most things. It is rather sad that supposedly yet another game designer wants melee characters firmly in the "Move and attack/full attack; lather, rinse and repeat" backwards mindset of 3.5.

Starbuck_II
2011-06-22, 11:46 PM
I find this quite interesting. While by RAW, PF is not very friendly to melee, some of the devs play it differently. So could there be hope in Ultimate Combat?

Yeah, one can hope. Maybe a feat tax in the new book?
Vital Charging? Vital Strike while charging
Vital Spring: Vital Strike while Spring attacking.

And so on.

MeeposFire
2011-06-22, 11:57 PM
Now if only vital strike was free or at the very least combined as it is FAR too expensive for what you get as is.

Prime32
2011-06-23, 07:42 AM
Maybe if the number of bonus dice was equal to your number of iteratives it would be a little better. A little.

Sir Homeslice
2011-06-23, 08:02 AM
Considering Sean K Reynolds is on the team I wouldn't count on it.

MeeposFire
2011-06-23, 01:11 PM
Considering Sean K Reynolds is on the team I wouldn't count on it.

Ah so is that the guy who seems to hate warrior type classes so much?