PDA

View Full Version : A thread about Jumplomancers.

Hazzardevil
2011-06-23, 01:48 AM
I have been hearing about Jumplomancers recently and I was wondering, by level 10 how high does their jump check normally get and how does jumping really high help in combat?

Since everyone one on this forum (With minor exceptions) is helpful, the playground should hopefully enlighten me.

Divide by Zero
2011-06-23, 01:50 AM
Jump checks are easy to optimize because all you have to do is boost your speed really high and get massive boosts from that.

It's not for combat; I don't remember the ability off the top of my head, but basically you can replace the Diplomacy mechanic with any other skill check, and Jump happens to be easy to get to absurd levels.

NNescio
2011-06-23, 01:51 AM
I have been hearing about Jumplomancers recently and I was wondering, by level 10 how high does their jump check normally get and how does jumping really high help in combat?

Since everyone one on this forum (With minor exceptions) is helpful, the playground should hopefully enlighten me.

See here. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870138/The_Jumplomancer_-_are_you_serious)

(+370 to Jump at Level 10. Throw in an extra 5 levels of Exemplar [for ECL 15], and the Jumplomancer can substitute his Jump checks for Diplomacy.)

Yes, it is silly. And freaking brilliant.

Edit: Oh wait, it uses the Shadow template. Toss in an extra +2 to the ECL numbers above. Or change the Jump modifier to a 'mere' +250 if we remove the Shadow template instead.)

The Random NPC
2011-06-23, 01:56 AM
I believe there is a feat that gives you bonus damage based on your jump check, and if by normally you mean "how well can we optimize it" the answer is really, really high. Otherwise, it is roughly a +22 ± 5 jump modifier.
Edit:
YES! MORE NINJAS! SOON THEY WILL BE POWERLESS!

Feytalist
2011-06-23, 02:27 AM
I just read that post for the first time. That's one of the most epic things I've ever heard. And yes, totally silly.