PDA

View Full Version : Picking our own reward help

powerdemon
2011-06-23, 02:07 AM
So my party just finished rescuing a very powerful spirit that is letting us choose our reward. It deals in things physical so it could give each of us roughly 200,000gp or change a piece of armor/weapon. Our resident fighter had him make his keep into a flying keep.

I'm playing a war-weaver sorcerer and I already asked if he could give me any new powers. He said no. I asked about upping one of my ability scores and he said he could only do one of the 3 physical abilities.

So, I can't think of anything besides taking the money. Any suggestions?

kharmakazy
2011-06-23, 02:10 AM
You know what's physical? People's bodies. Try and get like.. regen 5 or something.

Barring that free templates?

powerdemon
2011-06-23, 03:58 AM
Regen could be good. I already have a template. I know my DM well enough to know he wouldn't allow anything else on top of that (template wise).

weckar
2011-06-23, 09:27 AM
Best reward I can think of considered 'physical' is Midas' finger...

Other than that, your best bet is some really sweet spell components.

powerdemon
2011-06-23, 12:18 PM
Other than that, your best bet is some really sweet spell components.

What do you mean by that?

tyckspoon
2011-06-23, 12:37 PM
Is magic item shopping a thing your DM is ok with? If so, absolutely take the cash- 200,000 gp worth of well-chosen magic gear will give you more new powers than almost anything else in the game (if nothing else, you can dump it all into metamagic rods.) Otherwise, I'd find something fairly big you otherwise don't think you could acquire and ask to have that added to your backup weapon (you.. do have one, right?) Make it a Greater Metamagic Rod of Maximize or Twin Spell or whatever.

Quietus
2011-06-23, 12:39 PM
He can't provide runestaves or knowstones? Definitely physical objects, but it sounds to me like this is coming down to "200,000 gold or some items that will improve something physically"

ClothedInVelvet
2011-06-23, 12:46 PM
Did you choose a race based on your class? You could ask for the spirit to change your race into one more befitting combat. Because the spirit can't change Int, Wis, or Cha, any bonuses you got there might stay while your physical attributes would change? Kind of like a druid's wild shape.

powerdemon
2011-06-23, 01:47 PM
I'm sun elf since I was originally a Wizard. About level 10 or so through storyline I was changed into a Sorc and my Int and Cha were swapped. So the race thing has some possibilities, but one of the other PCs is my sister and I doubt she'd let me get away with that :smallsmile:

He could probably provide any item short of a relic. And even then maybe. Our DM goes back and forth between overpowering us and underpowering us :smallsmile:

I have a +3 dagger that can cause sleep 3/day (with a low fort save :smallfrown:).

I've been working on combining wondrous items (Like 5 ring abilities on one ring, etc.) so I think the less imaginative gold might be my best bet. Our party really needs to rescue the Mage spirit so I can get some more spellpower ;). I have a +3 LA so I would ask him to get rid of that!

Hmmm. Since the LA is from my template, maybe this spirit could do that!

Thanks for all the input! I never would have thought of half of these things! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

I'm going to suggest to our cleric that he ask for several pairs of Ring Gates. Then he can give the "out" end to the front line fighters and hang the others on his belt. Then he can just heal from a distance by putting his hand through them. :smallbiggrin:

powerdemon
2011-07-27, 03:32 PM
I went with a Robe of the Archmagi.

Thanks for all the input!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-07-27, 03:50 PM
No, no, no! Get a Vest of the Archmagi, in Magic Item Compendium!

Keld Denar
2011-07-27, 03:56 PM
It sounds like you've already decided, but my suggestion would have been +Con. He said he can alter ability scores. EVERYONE needs Con. EVERYONE. It should be your second highest ability score, after your casting stat. That would have been plenty worth it.

As it is, though, good job. Robes of the Archmage aren't too shabby of an item.

koscum
2011-07-27, 03:58 PM

+1,000,000 for this if you're a Wizard, but since you're "just" a Sorcerer, it only gets +1,000.

powerdemon
2011-07-27, 04:01 PM

Well according to the description... It doesn't exist.