PDA

View Full Version : Well this isn't going to go well...

druid91
2011-06-23, 12:44 PM
Ok I'm about to get into some PvP.

First round is so far,

My necromancer summons a pair of skeletons with summon undead 2,

And the dwarf barbarian charges me.

No clue what the bard(allied with the barbarian) is going to do, and what was once my meatshield...err boneshield is ashes due to me being blessed with suck.

The barbarian has every chance of killing me in one hit.

My sheet is Here. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=295844) So what's your advice because at the moment my plan is to use the skeletons to cover my escape.

Flame of Anor
2011-06-23, 12:46 PM
So what's your advice because at the moment my plan is to use the skeletons to cover my escape.

Sounds good to me.

EDIT: Wait, who would bother to destroy your Scholar's Outfit? :smallconfused:

Yora
2011-06-23, 12:47 PM
As a 4th level wizard with 5 Dex, yes, you're doomed! :smallbiggrin:

Go down on your knees and beg for mercy?

ClothedInVelvet
2011-06-23, 12:50 PM
Find the blade of your destroyed sythe and fall on it. With your dexterity, you will fail epically at killing yourself, but with any luck, you'll create enough blood and carnage to make them think you succeeded.

P.S. What possessed you to put a 10 in str but a 5 in dex?

Delcor
2011-06-23, 12:53 PM
Withdrawl action, move yur skeles in front of him, then sprint away.

druid91
2011-06-23, 12:53 PM
Sounds good to me.

EDIT: Wait, who would bother to destroy your Scholar's Outfit? :smallconfused:

Actually that was destroyed with the skeleton. So my Wierd ghost thing did it.

I was wearing my travelers outfit. No clue why I took it upon myself to have more than one set of clothes but I did.

Basic story is I ended up possessed by an ancient spirit with enourmous power. Unfortunately he's like the evil equivalent to giving a busload of small children sugar and rocket launchers.

Find the blade of your destroyed sythe and fall on it. With your dexterity, you will fail epically at killing yourself, but with any luck, you'll create enough blood and carnage to make them think you succeeded.

P.S. What possessed you to put a 10 in str but a 5 in dex?

The blade is gone. It was three feet from the center of a blast that leveled a village.:smallannoyed:

Carrying capacity. Before I figured out that I could hand things to the skeleton. Besides I have a staff not a bow.

Vizzerdrix
2011-06-23, 02:33 PM
yeah. Use the skeletons to cover yer escape, or die and reroll.

The Glyphstone
2011-06-23, 02:34 PM
Won't the Barb outrun you with Fast Movement?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-23, 02:56 PM
Are there barbarians who don't trade Fast movement for pounce?:smallconfused:

MeeposFire
2011-06-23, 03:09 PM

People without complete champion and that don't allow stuff they hear from the internet in their games?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-23, 03:12 PM
Fair enough I guess...

druid91
2011-06-23, 03:16 PM
Actually I came up with a new plan, Summon a bugbear zombie. That actual has a chance of winning against the barbarian, and then use my two prepared summon undead I's to reinforce.

I think I can handle the bard for long enough to live.

Yuki Akuma
2011-06-23, 03:21 PM
Besides I have a staff not a bow.

That... isn't a reason at all.

A lot of the best Necromancy spells are ranged touch attacks.

Oh well, you can keep this in mind when you make your new character after getting cut into ribbons.

Metahuman1
2011-06-23, 03:40 PM
At this point, I'd honestly advise just letting him kill you and rolling up a new character.

cfalcon
2011-06-23, 04:19 PM
Do you have a way to kite him? Or otherwise prevent him from attacking you for a few rounds?

If you do, you can likely summon allies from behind trees, and have them all swarm him at once.

druid91
2011-06-23, 04:24 PM
That... isn't a reason at all.

A lot of the best Necromancy spells are ranged touch attacks.

Oh well, you can keep this in mind when you make your new character after getting cut into ribbons.

Such as? Necromancy is a means of me having a vast shambling horde. Other than that I'm going to use mainly conjuration and evocation.

At this point, I'd honestly advise just letting him kill you and rolling up a new character.

Not an option, if you die you are out. PbP. We lost one person like this already.

Aside from the fact that I'm holding the whole village we are fightng in hostage. And the bard is good. All I need to do is say it.

Do you have a way to kite him? Or otherwise prevent him from attacking you for a few rounds?

If you do, you can likely summon allies from behind trees, and have them all swarm him at once.

I'm standing in the door to a tavern that they are inside.

Heatwizard
2011-06-23, 05:26 PM
Protip: Armor made from scales is called mail, like what the post office brings you. Unless you mean you're carrying a lizardman, in which case you should deploy him.

Uh...blindness him for total concealment?

Forbiddenwar
2011-06-23, 06:16 PM
Actually I came up with a new plan, Summon a bugbear zombie. That actual has a chance of winning against the barbarian, and then use my two prepared summon undead I's to reinforce.

I think I can handle the bard for long enough to live.

If you can stand still chanting for a whole round, live through the AoOs and the Bard and the barbarian attacks, and if the bard doesn't just silence you, and if you pass the necessary concentration check to avoid losing the spell . . .
THEN, you're in the clear. Maybe. Unless the barbarian decides to continue attacking you.

hate to say it, but your in the luck gods hands now.
Start praying for the barbarian to fumble.

druid91
2011-06-23, 07:09 PM
Interestingly, the bard has chosen to instead diffuse the situation.

He's still going to kill me if there is a fight but he is trying to stop one as opposed to the barbarians start one.

myancey
2011-06-23, 07:40 PM

But the fast movement for a barbarian is untyped..which is rockin'.

Such as? Necromancy is a means of me having a vast shambling horde. Other than that I'm going to use mainly conjuration and evocation.

Ray of Enfeeblement is a rockin' 1st level. And SpC has a 2nd level version of that--even cooler. Enervation is also awesome.

Basically, any chance of avoiding melee is the way to go--especially for a low level wizard. You get your full dex with mage armor/shield, so dex is great for AC boost. And there is nothing like being able to use ranged touch spells.

Strength is a wizard dump stat..which every wizard optimization handbook will also tell you.

Slipperychicken
2011-06-23, 11:13 PM
Blind him, then run. Cut a corner around the tavern's outer wall. If he made his save, make as many sharp turns as you can, try to lose him (Barbarians don't have ranks in Listen).

SRD; Blindness

The character cannot see. He takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class, loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), moves at half speed, and takes a -4 penalty on Search checks and on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Spot checks) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) to the blinded character. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them.

Alternatively (assuming this is urban setting), Run/Withdraw down the street, take the second or third turn off the street, whichever you can reach with your withdraw/run (buildings could work fine for this, if the residents complain, tell them there's a psychopath on the loose. This one's easier to decide if your DM lets you remember the surrounding area).

Alternatively II: Move 30+ft, get undead to block the door (only if it doesn't take your Move to do so). Then keep running, shouting for the town guard if necessary. He has to take down the skeletons at the door before charging = can't attack you for 1-2 rounds = Solid 120+ft lead on the barbie. Mount away.

EDIT: Try asking the spirit for help, too. You worship Death anyway, might as well go for broke... Also you (or the undead) might be able to close the door on him, and have the undead ready actions to trip/grapple on the way out.

druid91
2011-06-23, 11:22 PM
Blind him, then run. Cut a corner around the tavern's outer wall. If he made his save, make as many sharp turns as you can, try to lose him (Barbarians don't have ranks in Listen).

Alternatively (assuming this is urban setting), Run/Withdraw down the street, take the second or third turn off the street, whichever you can reach with your withdraw/run (buildings could work fine for this, if the residents complain, tell them there's a psychopath on the loose. This one's easier to decide if your DM lets you remember the surrounding area).

Alternatively II: Move 30+ft, get undead to block the door (only if it doesn't take your Move to do so). Then keep running, shouting for the town guard if necessary. He has to take down the skeletons at the door before charging = can't attack you for 1-2 rounds = Solid 120+ft lead on the barbie. Mount away.

Blindness isn't prepared. Fighting has been averted. Though the dwarf did dare me.

"Shut up, both of you." Javo says, backing away from both of them a bit. "Sturk, yes, this guy is literally has an aura of evil. And if he makes even one evil demand, we're beating the crap out of him. But we're not here to slay evil demons, and he's not here to harass the poor townsfolk into giving him their firstborn kids for blood rituals or something. We've got stuff to do. And you," he points back to the man, "You sir, have an uncontrollable evil spirit inside you. Your plan of action? Go into a bar in a town known for its anti-magic tendencies. That either means you're really evil, or really, really stupid. Either way, you're the walking example of why people don't like mages. People with magical prowess should not be dumb or villainous. I think we can all agree on that. So stop being dumb and/or evil, and go away without acting like you're all high and mighty and wounded."

Heatwizard
2011-06-23, 11:33 PM
Well, as you proceed, you should probably get your hands on some extradimensional storage, then reanimate some kind of meatshield and stash him in your pockets. Blocker-in-a-can.

druid91
2011-06-23, 11:38 PM
Well, as you proceed, you should probably get your hands on some extradimensional storage, then reanimate some kind of meatshield and stash him in your pockets. Blocker-in-a-can.

I used to have a skeleton minion... but he exploded and I have yet to find a replacement.

Yuki Akuma
2011-06-24, 09:49 AM
Kill the barbarian in his sleep, then reanimate him with Gentle Repose. :smallwink:

Quietus
2011-06-24, 09:59 AM
Based on that blue-text excerpt, I think this is probably a fantastic game, and I heartily approve. Kudos to that guy, that's an excellent way of defusing things in-game.

Psyren
2011-06-24, 10:06 AM
Such as? Necromancy is a means of me having a vast shambling horde.

That's more the cleric's purview. Wizard necromancers go with the debuff-focused "Death Mage" style of necromancy.

Not an option, if you die you are out. PbP. We lost one person like this already.

That's silly, what happens when there are 2 of you left? Will the DM just keep going? If one then kills the other does he win D&D?

The Glyphstone
2011-06-24, 10:11 AM
That's more the cleric's purview. Wizard necromancers go with the debuff-focused "Death Mage" style of necromancy.

That's silly, what happens when there are 2 of you left? Will the DM just keep going? If one then kills the other does he win D&D?

at a random guess, someone off the waitlist gets to start playing?

Psyren
2011-06-24, 10:41 AM

If I rolled stats like that the waitlist would already be moved up.

druid91
2011-06-24, 10:43 AM

Well I actually asked, and he said when the PC's get whittled down a bit more he'll start recruiting more players.

Stormageddon
2011-06-24, 04:17 PM
Well I actually asked, and he said when the PC's get whittled down a bit more he'll start recruiting more players.

What's the method behind this madness?

Psyren
2011-06-24, 04:38 PM
What's the method behind this madness?

1) Have players permakill each other
2) ????
3) More players!

Seems straightforward to me.