PDA

View Full Version : Stats for Game of Thrones characters?

delguidance
2011-06-23, 10:38 PM
Can anyone direct me towards a thread where people posit 3 or 3.5 stats for the characters from Game of Thrones? I know there is a d20 game made for it but I'm curious what a group of fans would come up with.

Knaight
2011-06-23, 10:42 PM
D&D is a pretty terrible system for representing Game of Thrones characters as a rule. For the vast majority of them, combat they are personally involved in is something to avoid, and even among those personally involved in combat many are strategists more than warriors.

Rhaegar14
2011-06-23, 11:13 PM
Agreed. D&D's whole concept of "more than ten hit points" totally conflicts with the gritty realism of A Song of Ice and fire.

Although, my brother did an interesting character inspired by Jaime who was an Iron Heart / White Raven Warblade.

Hawk7915
2011-06-23, 11:48 PM
You can probably do it as E6. The vast majority of characters are probably Aristocrats, Experts, Warriors. Big names like Jaime, Ned Stark, John Snow probably get levels in various martial classes (Knight, Fighter, Marshal, Ranger).

As everyone else noted, the gritty realism of the series means playing "boring" Tier 5-6 stuff with an E6 cap in D&D 3.5.

Although watching the series, my brother and I agreed: "Tirion Lannister: Proof that max ranks in Diplomacy and Bluff makes the most powerful character ever" :smallbiggrin: