PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew: Combat Application of Knowledge (nature)

Zylle
2011-06-24, 12:48 AM
One of my players is role-playing a "scholar of nature" type druid, and expressed some interest in being able to put his ranks in Knowledge (nature) to more frequent use during my campaign. So, here's what I came up with:

Using a full-round action, the player may attempt to use his knowledge of the natural world to infer new information about a creature with the Beast, Magical Beast, Vermin, or Plant type.

If the player rolls a 15 or higher on their Knowledge (nature) check, they receive a +1 insight bonus on all attack and damage rolls against that creature, as well as a +1 insight bonus to the save DC of all spells targeted on that creature. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to the player's druid levels. For every ten points by which the Knowledge (nature) check exceeds the DC of 15, an additional +1 is added to the insight bonuses.

In addition, if the player rolls 10 + (monster CR) on their Knowledge (nature) check, they may intuit one of the creature's unusual abilities, if it has any.

My goal is for this to be roughly as good as taking a regular standard action in terms of the buffs it gives, in most situations. How does it look?

Big Fau
2011-06-24, 01:31 AM
There's all ready a feat that does this: Knowledge Devotion (Complete Champion).

Zylle
2011-06-24, 10:17 AM
Wow, that IS pretty much the same thing.