PDA

View Full Version : how to play a rogue

Isearchfortraps
2011-06-24, 01:30 PM
I was lookign trough the pathinder core book and as i looked over the classes ad spelles i offten though of trying out a rogue but when i look at there selling point it seems to be a 10d6 dmd attack to a single target and affter reading a few spells and even a few bard spells that kinda dmg seems rather low at hier levels. I was jw if it is negligable or if there were ways to increase the dmg to a worthy ammount with a rogue.

Etrivar
2011-06-24, 01:33 PM
I was lookign trough the pathinder core book and as i looked over the classes ad spelles i offten though of trying out a rogue but when i look at there selling point it seems to be a 10d6 dmd attack to a single target and affter reading a few spells and even a few bard spells that kinda dmg seems rather low at hier levels. I was jw if it is negligable or if there were ways to increase the dmg to a worthy ammount with a rogue.

Craven + Two Weapon Fighting chain.

Craven increases your SA dmg output to an effective 16d6. Add in TWF, Improved TWF, and Greater TWF, and you now have the ability to deal said 16d6, 6 times per round instead of just 3.

So, if you use a shortsword or a rapier, you deal an effective 17d6 per attack. If you hit with all six attacks (granted, not very likely, but that's how we're performing the exercise), you would deal (102d6 + (weapon enhancement * 6) + (Str Mod * 6))

Not too shabby.

Isearchfortraps
2011-06-24, 01:37 PM
wait sneack attack can be done more then one time per ..... um appearance sorry i miss read i think or well assmused as its sneack attack it would only apply on the first attack the rogue delt from the shadows thx for clearing that up. :)

Etrivar
2011-06-24, 01:42 PM
My pleasure :smallsmile:

Caphi
2011-06-24, 07:32 PM
wait sneack attack can be done more then one time per ..... um appearance sorry i miss read i think or well assmused as its sneack attack it would only apply on the first attack the rogue delt from the shadows thx for clearing that up. :)

This is a dreadfully common misconception. Technically, it's not a misconception at all, because as soon as your stealth breaks, you do lose Sneak Attack. The misconception is that you have to trigger Sneak Attack by sneaking. Try flanking instead.

Lateral
2011-06-24, 07:50 PM
Yup, flanking with the party tank is usually the best way to get a Sneak Attack off.