PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e Bloodline] Dragon Descendant (PEACH)

Welknair
2011-06-24, 02:48 PM
I said I would make it. So I made it.

Dragon Descendant
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/203/9/6/Dragon_reflection_by_Ironshod.jpg

It's a well-known fact that Dragons can shapeshift. It is not uncommon for them to interbreed with the humanoid races, resulting in Half-Dragons or Draconic creatures. However, the power of the draconic parent can still be felt many generations after. The descendants of these individuals are occasionally blessed with many of the powers held by their draconic ancestor.

Level
Minor
Intermediate
Major1 Skill 1 +22 Skill 1 +2 Keen Senses3 Strength +14 Skill 1 +2 Keen Senses Breath Weapon5 Draconic Affinity +26 Strength +1 Draconic Special 17 Skill 2 +28 Keen Senses Breath Weapon Energy Resistance9 Constitution +110 Draconic Affinity +2 Draconic Special 211 Draconic Affinity +412 Strength +1 Draconic Special 1 Spell Resistance13 Skill 3 +214 Skill 2 +2 Draconic Special 315 Wisdom +116 Breath Weapon Energy Resistance Frightful Presence17 Draconic Affinity +618 Constitution +1 Draconic Special 419 Skill 4 +220 Draconic Affinity +2 Draconic Special 2 Wings, Legacy of the Dragon

Skills 1-4 +2: Each dragon has their own unique quirks and strengths. These are passed along to their Descendants as dictated by their Lineage.

Keen Senses: Dragons are known for their acute sight. The Descendant gains Darkvision out to 30ft as well as Lowlight vision.

Breath Weapon: The Descendant inherits the ability to supernaturally exhale a single type of energy. They gain a breath weapon of a type and shape dictated by their Lineage. This breath weapon deals 1d6 damage plus an additional 1d6 per two levels, four levels or eight levels which the Descendant possesses, based on bloodline strength. The breath weapon allows for a Reflex save for half damage with the DC being 10+Con Modifier+1/4 or 1/2 their level, depending on bloodline strength. It takes 1d10 rounds to recover the use of their breath weapon. The range of the breath weapon is 15ft for cones and 30ft for lines. If they possess a Major Bloodline, these increase to 30ft and 60ft at 12th level and to 60ft and 120ft at 20th.

Draconic Affinity: Dragons are a distrustful, riddling, enigmatic and capricious bunch. The Dragon Descendant knows how to deal with them, though. They gain a bonus to all social interaction checks with the type of dragon specified in their Lineage.

Energy Resistance: Descendants are naturally resistant against the type of energy which is used in their ancestor's breath weapon. They gain Energy Resistance to a single type of energy as dictated by their Lineage. The amount of resistance that they possess is equal to 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength.

Spell Resistance: Spells don't do a whole lot to dragons. They don't do a whole lot to their children either. Dragon Descendants gain Spell Resistance 11 + level.

Frightful Presence: Dragons are downright terrifying. Have you ever seen a barbarian crap his pants? You can bet that Great Wyrm Gold Dragon Ascendant has. There's just something about them that makes people want to bolt in the opposite direction. This is usually the proper response. The Dragon Descendant receives the same threatening aura, causing all that stand before them to tremble. They gain the Frightful Presence ability which extends out to 30 ft with a Will Save DC of 10 + Charisma Modifier + 1/2 their level.

Wings: You know what else is scary? A dragon-shaped shadow. There's nothing quite like the second you realize what exactly is above you. The Dragon Descendant's vestigial wings become fully-functional. They have grown to full size, resulting in a fly-speed of 50 ft. with average maneuverability.

Legacy of the Dragon: Dragons are shapeshifters. Many have the capacity to take on the form of humanoids. But how many humanoids have the power to take on the form of a dragon? The Descendant gains the ability to Shapechange into a dragon of their type once per day as a spell-like ability. Caster Level is equal to the Descendant's level and the HD limit is not capped at 25. This does not require the usual Focus.

Lineage: Different types of Dragons have different skills and abilities. You won't see a Golden Dragon climbing up a vertical wall, nor will you find a white dragon living in an underwater cave. The Descendant gains a number of supernatural powers determined by their Lineage. All saves are Cha based and all Spell-Like Abilities are used at a CL of 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength.

Black Dragon:
Skills: Swim, Hide, Move Silently, Sense Motive
Energy: Acid, Line

{table=head] | Draconic Special
1 | Water Breathing
2 | Darkness
3 | Corrupt Water
4 | Plant Growth
[/table]

Water Breathing: Black Dragons are known for spending much of their time submerged in swamp water. Their Descendants gain the ability to survive in similar conditions. The Descendant can breathe underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged.

Darkness: Darkness is the mother of confusion. And everyone knows when your opponent is confused, their dead. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Darknes 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Corrupt Water: Just as Black Dragons can turn water stagnant and foul, so can their Descendants. The Descendant can use Corrupt Water as the Black Dragon ability 1/day to a max range of 30ft.

Plant Growth: Corrupt Water is nice for fighting off enemies, but long-term harm to the environment isn't a good thing. So Black Dragons, and their Descendants, are imbued with the power to reverse this damage. The Descendant can cast Plant Growth 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Red Dragon:
Skills: Bluff, Intimidate, Appraise, Jump
Energy: Fire, Cone

1 | Locate Object
2 | Suggestion
3 | Fireball
4 | Find the Path
[/table]

Locate Object: It's annoying when people steal things from you. As such, it's handy to be able to magically track down the item to A. Retrieve it and B. Gut the thief. The Dragon Descendant gains the ability to cast Locate Object 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Suggestion: Lying is all fine and good until someone figures out what's going on. Then you brainwash 'em. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Suggestion 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Fireball: Of all the dragons, Red Dragons are the most attuned with flame. It is rare for them not to have selected a few... popular spells for their sorcerer spellcasting. Fireball among them. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Fireball 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Find the Path: ... I don't even know. They gain the ability to cast Find the Path 1/day as a spell-like ability. In case they get lost? Like seriously, why do Red Dragons even need this? They can fly! mumblemumble

Gold:
Skills: Sense Motive, Heal, Swim, Jump
Energy: Fire, Cone

1 | Alter Self
2 | Luck Bonus
3 | Detect Gems
4 | Geas/Quest
[/table]

Alter Self: Gold Dragons have the neat power to change into humanoid form a number of times each day. This power is passed on to the Descendant who gains the ability to cast Alter Self 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Luck Bonus: It's good to be lucky. Lucky people live longer. So do lucky dragons. The Descendant has inherited some of their patron's luck. They gain the ability to use Luck Bonus once per day, as the Gold Dragon ability of the same name. The radius is 5ft per four or two levels, depending on bloodline strength.

Detect Gems: Gold Dragons are the hoarders among hoarders. They amass truly monstrous sums of treasure. Often including gems. Gems are pretty and the favored form of treasure to Gold Dragons. They have honed their senses to specifically track down pretty little rocks. Their Descendants receive a similar power. They may now use Detect Gems as the Gold Dragon ability once a day as a spell-like ability.

Geas/Quest: The power to command others to run errands for you is very nice and one of the hallmark powers of the Gold Dragon. As such, it is only fitting that it be possessed by their descendants as well. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Geas/Quest once per day as a spell-like ability.

Silver Dragon:
Skills: Sense Motive, Perform, Bluff, Jump
Energy: Cold, Cone

1 | Alter Self
2 | Feather Fall
3 | Fog Cloud
4 | Control Winds
[/table]

Alter Self: Just as Gold Dragons can take on humanoid guise, so can Silver Dragons and their descendants. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Alter Self 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Feather Fall: Number one danger of flying: Falling. It's very important to have a backup plan. Like magic. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Feather Fall 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Fog Cloud: When people can't see you, they can't hit you. Even when you're 60ft tall, apparently. The Descendant can cast Fog Cloud 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Control Winds: Having a tailwind is nice. It's lets you lazily soar along, watching the tiny little flesh bags below you toil away their short little lives. The Descendant can cast Control Winds 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Blue Dragon:
Skills: Bluff, Sense Motive, Hide, Climb
Energy: Lightning, Line

1 | Create/Destroy Water
2 | Sound Imitation
3 | Ventriloquism
4 | Hallucinatory Terrain
[/table]

Create/Destroy Water: Deserts and mountains, the natural environments of Blue Dragons, tend not to have much in the way of liquid refreshment. As such, the ability to make your own is very useful. The Descendant can cast Create Water once per day as a spell-like ability, or they may instead choose to destroy an equal amount.

Sound Imitation: "Why yes, it's me! The princess you were sent to find! I'm just down this passageway! Yes, I realize it's a bit dark and moist, just continue on and-" OMNOMNOM. Ah, the ability to mimic the voices of others whenever you please. Such an amusing power. The Descendant gains Sound Imitation, as the Blue Dragon ability of the same name. DC is 10 + Charisma Modifier + 1/4 or 1/2 level, depending on bloodline strength.

Ventriloquism: The power of misdirection combined with the power to mimic voices can do wonders on a party's moral and cohesiveness. For example, one could make it sound as if the rogue insulted the barbarian. Big fun. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Ventriloquism 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Hallucinatory Terrain: Similarly, misdirection of the landscape can be used very strategically to confound opponents. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Hallucinatory Terrain 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Prismatic Dragon:
Skills: Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, Sense Motive
Energy: Random energy type, Cone

1 | Deflecting Force
2 | Hypnotic Pattern
3 | Daylight
4 | Rainbow Pattern
[/table]

Breath Weapon: Those with Prismatic Lingeages have very erratic breath weapons. Whenever they use it they roll 1d4 to determine the type of damage which it deals. 1 is fire, 2 is cold, 3 is acid and 4 is electric.

Energy Resistance: The Energy Resistance of a Prismatic Dragon Descendant applies to whatever kind of energy they last produced using their Breath Weapon.

Deflecting Force: The Descendant has inherited one of their sire's signature features - their protective barrier of force. They gain a Deflection bonus to AC equal to their Charisma modifier.

Hypnotic Pattern: Ooooh.... Pretty colors.... The Descendant may cast Hypnotic Pattern once per day as a spell-like ability.

Daylight: "Let there be light!" ... "And Epic Level Dragons!" They may cast Daylight once per day as a spell-like ability.

Rainbow Pattern: Even more terrifying than the Hypnotic Pattern is the Rainbow Pattern. Just never use two at once, or people start screaming "Double Rainbow" for some reason. The Descendant may cast Rainbow Pattern once per day as a spell-like ability.

Radiant Dragon:
Skills: Intimidate, Diplomacy, Heal, Sense Motive
Energy: Force, Line

1 | Blinding Light
2 | Daylight
3 | Dispel Darkness
4 | Searing Light
[/table]

Energy Resistance: Instead of Energy Resistance the Radiant Dragon Descendant gains a bonus on saves against Light Effects equal to 1/8, 1/4 or 1/2 their level.

Blinding Light: Radiant Dragons have two breath weapons. So too do their Descendants. They gain a secondary breath weapon which is a cone of light. Individuals caught in the cone must make fortitude saves or be blinded for 1d6 rounds plus one for every Draconic Special they've gotten after this one. Whenever they use their breath weapon, the Descendant must choose whether to use their Line of Force or Blinding Light.

Daylight: Radiant Dragons are named that for a reason. They're good with the light stuff. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Daylight 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Dispel Darkness: Nothing pisses off a dragon who's power comes from light more than darkness. So why not get rid of it? The Descendant gains the Radiant Dragon's Dispel Darkness ability as if they were a dragon with an age category equal to the number of Draconic Specials they have.

Searing Light: I'M A FIRIN MAH- Oh, my bad. Sorry. Uh. That... wasn't the fluff that I was supposed to put here. Oh well. Too late now. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Searing Light once a day as a spell-like ability.

Shadow Dragon:
Skills: Bluff, Hide, Move Silently, Spot
Energy: Negative, Cone

1 | Shadow Blend
2 | Deeper Darkness
3 | Mirror Image
4 | Dimension Door
[/table]

Breath Weapon: The Breath Weapon of the Shadow Descendant is a cone of billowing black clouds that deal Negative Energy Damage.

Energy Resistance: Similarly, the Dragon Descendant applies their Energy Resistance to Negative Energy.

Shadow Blend: Shadows are naturally drawn to and attempt to protect the Shadow Descendants. They gain the Shadow Blend ability as the Shadow Dragon ability of the same name.

Deeper Darkness: Ah, concealing darkness. What a wonderful thing. All the better to slaughter your enemies in. The Descendant may cast Deeper Darkness once per day as a spell-like ability.

Mirror Image: Confuse and deceive. Deceive and confuse. If the enemy does not know where you are, how could they ever hurt you? The Descendant gains the ability to cast Mirror Image once per day as a spell-like ability.

Dimension Door: The best strategy to not dying is to not be there when the blow lands. Short-range teleportation usually does the trick. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Dimension Door once per day as a spell-like ability.

Fang Dragon:
Skills: Bluff, Intimidate, Hide, Climb
Energy: Special; See Text

1 | Detect Magic, Read Magic
2 | Sound Imitation
3 | Dispel Magic
4 | Increased Damage
[/table]

Breath Weapon: Fang Dragons do not have convention breath weapons and neither do their Descendants. Instead the Descendant gains the ability to imbue their melee attacks with the ability to maim and mangle, causing Constitution Damage. The target must make a Fortitude Save against the standard DC or take 1 Con damage for every 2d6 of damage the breath weapon would usually have, rounded down.

Energy Resistance: Instead of being capable of resisting a type of energy, the Fang Descendant has the ability to take Constitution-draining attacks very well. They effectively have a Constitution "Buffer" equal to 1/8, 1/4 or 1/2 their level, depending on bloodline strength. This buffer regenerates with 8 hours rest. So if they were to take Con damage, it would be subtracted from this buffer instead of from their actual Constitution. This buffer does not count as Constitution for the purpose of determining the character's Constitution Modifier.

Detect Magic/Read Magic: Fang Dragons and their Descendants are naturally adept at recognizing and deciphering magic. The Descendant may cast Detect Magic and Read Magic once per day each as a spell-like ability.

Sound Imitation: Fang Dragons are devious and cunning creatures. They take a perverse pleasure out of luring unwary adventurers with the voices of loved ones or pretending to be a "Damsel in Distress". The Descendant gains Sound Imitation, as the Fang Dragon (or Blue Dragon) ability of the same name.

Dispel Magic: If you can see it, you can destroy it. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Dispel Magic once per day as a spell-like ability.

Increased Damage: Fang Dragons are vicious. They will tear you to shreds if you give them the chance. Their Descendants inherit some of this innate savagery, causing them to deal damage as if the weapon they were wielding were one size category larger than it is.

Howling Dragon:
Skills: Knowledge: The Planes, Climb, Diplomacy, Bluff
Energy: Sonic, Cone

1 | Maddening Whispers
2 | Shatter
3 | Confusion
4 | Shout
[/table]

Maddening Whispers: Howling Dragons have not one, but two breath weapons. The latter causes people to go insane. The Descendant gains the ability to, instead of using their normal Sonic breath weapon, use Maddening Whispers. Maddening Whispers is a cone which causes all caught within to make Fortitude Saves or take 1 point of Wisdom damage for every 1d6 of damage the Descendant's normal breath weapon does.

Shatter: Dragons are loud. Howling dragons are very loud. So are their kids. The Descendant gains the ability to cast Shatter once per day as a spell-like ability.

Confusion: Ah, there's nothing quite like insanity. It does such... funny things to people. The Descendant can cast Confusion once per day as a spell-like ability.

Shout: I think I mentioned something earlier about Howling Dragons being loud. Well, they get louder as they get older. Really loud. Oh, and their children do too. The Howling Descendant gains the ability to cast Shout once per day as a spell-like ability.

And that's it for now. If I have some more time, hopefully I'll post some more Lineages.

As always, feedback, suggestions and requests welcome.

radmelon
2011-06-24, 11:11 PM
This is what bloodlines should be.

Shadow Lord
2011-06-24, 11:31 PM
Yes.If you're taking requests, you should totally make a Truenaming Bloodline, preferably based on the Kellus fix. But, y'know, what you've made some awesome Bloodlines, so you do whatever. Just make sure it includes cool stuff.

Welknair
2011-06-25, 12:18 AM
Yes.If you're taking requests, you should totally make a Truenaming Bloodline, preferably based on the Kellus fix. But, y'know, what you've made some awesome Bloodlines, so you do whatever. Just make sure it includes cool stuff.

Hmm. Tome of Magic is one of the few 3.5 books that I don't have. I have a pdf buried somewhere that I scrolled through long enough to get the gist of the three systems. But aside from that, I have no truenaming experience. I may look into it, though...

Daverin
2011-06-25, 12:38 AM
You, sir, are awesome. These bloodlines are just full of win.

If I can make a request, could you look into a rewrite of the Titan bloodline? Because nothing says awesome like rage-induced magic with a big weapon.

Also, this may sound stupid, but do your bloodlines work better assuming the "lose X levels" approach, or the "delay X levels" approach? For that matter, do you even know what I mean?

Welknair
2011-06-25, 11:08 AM
You, sir, are awesome. These bloodlines are just full of win.

If I can make a request, could you look into a rewrite of the Titan bloodline? Because nothing says awesome like rage-induced magic with a big weapon.

Also, this may sound stupid, but do your bloodlines work better assuming the "lose X levels" approach, or the "delay X levels" approach? For that matter, do you even know what I mean?

Thank you, and I can certainly look into the Titan.

I'd say that they work better with the level delay, but it's really up to the DM.

Daverin
2011-06-25, 11:39 AM
Awesome! Biggest thing, of course, would be redoing the whole oversized weapon thing to not technically mean giving you an actual titan-sized hammer. :smalltongue:

Sounds good on the delay. I assumed it was lost levels with the originals, then found out many people were arguing over that, and have been confused ever since. Nice to see you had one in mind, and the one that sucks less for builds! :smallwink:

radmelon
2011-06-25, 01:34 PM
I've never heard of the delay vs. lost debate and I wonder if someone could explain it to me.

Welknair
2011-06-25, 03:17 PM
I've never heard of the delay vs. lost debate and I wonder if someone could explain it to me.

I believe it has to do with whether the levels that would be gained at 3rd, 6th and 12th are truly lost or simply delayed a level. Losing the levels is more detrimental to builds as there are features and whatnot that you miss out on. The latter works better and is my opinion the original intent.

I also added the Blue Dragon Lineage, if anyone's curious.

BillyBobJoe
2011-06-25, 03:41 PM
Low-Light vision isn't a set distance, it's a multiplier.

Welknair
2011-06-25, 03:52 PM
Low-Light vision isn't a set distance, it's a multiplier.

Good catch. Fixed.

Falin
2011-06-25, 04:04 PM
You forgot disern loaction's discription on the red dragon lineage.

Welknair
2011-06-25, 04:26 PM

Woops, you're quite right.

*Goes off to write description*
*Checks SRD to re-read spell so that description is appropriate*
*Sees that it's 8th level*
What.

Uh... That may need to be changed.

radmelon
2011-06-25, 04:30 PM
How does the delaying work? I've never heard of that before.

<edit> grammer fixed

Falin
2011-06-25, 04:35 PM
How does the delaying work? I've never heard of that before?

Instead of taking a level in your blood line and calling it level three. You take a level in your blood line and add it to level adjustment. Then on the next level you get level three in your class.

Welknair
2011-06-25, 04:41 PM

Moved Find Object down to the 4th and added in Fireball for the 3rd. All of them have descriptions.

Shadow Lord
2011-06-25, 09:16 PM
Search for The Way Words Work on the forum's search thingy. There isn't any other Truenaming. What are you talking about?

Welknair
2011-06-28, 12:53 PM
Search for The Way Words Work on the forum's search thingy. There isn't any other Truenaming. What are you talking about?

Request completed. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205048)

Cipher Stars
2011-07-17, 06:43 AM
Seems... I dunno. After reading Planar Tied then this, Tied is the obvious choice, lemme just say.

I mean... Fireball once a day, with wings at 20th. Meanwhile Tied get wings with the same effect at 16th and turn into a bloom'n angel at 20th.
(I'm not at all saying Tied is too much, I'm saying so far Tied is the only one worth -3 levels.)

well, the breath is rather nice I suppose.

Welknair
2011-07-17, 06:45 AM
Seems... I dunno. After reading Planar Tied then this, Tied is the obvious choice, lemme just say.

I mean... Fireball once a day, with wings at 20th. Meanwhile Tied get wings with the same effect at 16th and turn into a bloom'n angel at 20th.
(I'm not at all saying Tied is too much, I'm saying so far Tied is the only one worth -3 levels.)

well, the breath is rather nice I suppose.

Re-read the breath weapon. It's usable once every 1d10 rounds.

Edit: I just re-read it myself. I think the damage is a bit off... Fixing now.
Editedit: Woops. Nope, it was fine.

Cipher Stars
2011-07-17, 07:18 AM
Re-read the breath weapon. It's usable once every 1d10 rounds.

Edit: I just re-read it myself. I think the damage is a bit off... Fixing now.
Editedit: Woops. Nope, it was fine.

yes yes, once every ten rounds for 10d6 at level twenty I read that.
For three levels I'd spend to get that I could take three levels of spell casting and get orb of fire or something.

Granted you won't run out of it, but at the same time I've always played casters, minus my first ever D&D game and my last as well as current games, and I've never had problems running out of spells before :/

I think what I'm really getting at here is just getting wings isn't a very good cap.

Welknair
2011-07-17, 07:23 AM
yes yes, once every ten rounds for 10d6 at level twenty I read that.
For three levels I'd spend to get that I could take three levels of spell casting and get orb of fire or something.

Granted you won't run out of it, but at the same time I've always played casters, minus my first ever D&D game and my last as well as current games, and I've never had problems running out of spells before :/

I think what I'm really getting at here is just getting wings isn't a very good cap.

Well it's really dependent on what kind of character you're playing. A Barbarian with a Major Red Dragon Bloodline for example could make great use of the breath weapon, especially with the save being Con based. The same character wouldn't get anything along those lines were they a Tied.

Though after reading back through, I do see that this is missing something many of my more recent bloodlines have - a proper Capstone. I think I might rewrite the 20th level special for the Major line and just incorporate the wings into it.

Edit: Added the ability for them to turn into dragons. Maybe that'll make it a little more enticing. (Though at that point they already have the breath weapon and the wings... As well as the majority of the supernatual abilities posessed by their dragon. Mostly they just get a physical attribute boost.)

Cipher Stars
2011-07-17, 08:04 AM
Though after reading back through, I do see that this is missing something many of my more recent bloodlines have - a proper Capstone. I think I might rewrite the 20th level special for the Major line and just incorporate the wings into it.

yea I just noticed you don't have caps for many of 'em. I was about to retract the statement that it needs a cap (Caps are great, but if thats now what your going for...)

Edit: Added the ability for them to turn into dragons. Maybe that'll make it a little more enticing. (Though at that point they already have the breath weapon and the wings... As well as the majority of the supernatual abilities posessed by their dragon. Mostly they just get a physical attribute boost.)
Mesh/you forgot to mesh; wings with Legacy, so they passively have wings in addition with the draco'.

Welknair
2011-07-17, 08:13 AM
Mesh/you forgot to mesh; wings with Legacy, so they passively have wings in addition with the draco'.

Yeah, that's what I decided on. Passive wings + the ability to turn into a dragon 1/day. At level 20 passive flight isn't that big of a deal and it certainly seemed thematic. Time to sort through a bunch of my older ones looking for similar missing caps.

Cipher Stars
2011-07-17, 08:34 AM
Is dragon breath really so potent you have to wait eight levels? Just wondering. Not sold on the awesomeness of it. Mechanically, Fluffy its fantastic.

I'm only being so picky because I like it and intend to use it in the future, just so ya know.

Welknair
2011-07-17, 08:39 AM
Is dragon breath really so potent you have to wait eight levels? Just wondering. Not sold on the awesomeness of it. Mechanically, Fluffy its fantastic.

I'm only being so picky because I like it and intend to use it in the future, just so ya know.

Hmmm. Well I could switch Breath Weapon and Energy Resistance...

Edit: Swap done. I think it's justifiable as the Breath Weapon is certainly an iconic part of the Descendant and Fire Resist 4 isn't going to help that much.

Cipher Stars
2011-07-17, 08:58 AM
Hmmm. Well I could switch Breath Weapon and Energy Resistance...

Edit: Swap done. I think it's justifiable as the Breath Weapon is certainly an iconic part of the Descendant and Fire Resist 4 isn't going to help that much.

Prrfect. ~<3 As at the moment if I were to take a Major Bloodline for the character I've yet to start the game with, I'd be level four.

"Shapechange" would be more appropriate then Polymorph.
Or simply say they change into a specific Age of dragon :/ Maybe every five character levels the age category goes up by one? Sooo at level twenty thats... wyrmling/very young/young/Juvenile ?

Welknair
2011-07-17, 10:53 AM
You're quite right. Forgot about the 15 HD limit on Polymorph. With Shapechange the HD limit continues to escalate, meaning that at higher levels (up in Epic) you'd gain access to the older age categories.

Any particular Lineages you want, or are you planning on using one of the ones I've already written out?

Cipher Stars
2011-07-17, 11:01 AM
You're quite right. Forgot about the 15 HD limit on Polymorph. With Shapechange the HD limit continues to escalate, meaning that at higher levels (up in Epic) you'd gain access to the older age categories.

Any particular Lineages you want, or are you planning on using one of the ones I've already written out?

Actually yea, I'm quite fond of both the Force dragon and the Prismatic dragon. If I had to pick a favorite of the two...............

hm.. Maybe the, No, Prismatic dragon. defiantly prismatic.

Welknair
2011-07-17, 11:03 AM
Actually yea, I'm quite fond of both the Force dragon and the Prismatic dragon. If I had to pick a favorite of the two...............

hm.. Maybe the, No, Prismatic dragon. defiantly prismatic.

Of course you had to go straight for the Epic-Level ones... I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Darn unique Breath Weapon. Oh, and if you have an Prismatic Dragon Lineage Draconic Legacy doesn't do squat until 23rd level. HD limit and all that.

Cipher Stars
2011-07-17, 11:12 AM
Of course you had to go straight for the Epic-Level ones... I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Darn unique Breath Weapon. Oh, and if you have an Prismatic Dragon Lineage Draconic Legacy doesn't do squat until 23rd level. HD limit and all that.

Really? I didn't remember it being epic. *Searches*
damn...
guess mothers right, I do have expensive tastes.
I wonder why you can't just turn into a 20hd dragon... trim a few saves and DC's and call it good.

Welknair
2011-07-17, 11:24 AM
Really? I didn't remember it being epic. *Searches*
damn...
guess mothers right, I do have expensive tastes.
I wonder why you can't just turn into a 20hd dragon... trim a few saves and DC's and call it good.

Made. Bit hasty, but should work. As for the HD problem, it's really not an issue unless you're planning on playing it to that high of a level. In which case you can talk your DM into doing exactly that.

Cipher Stars
2011-07-17, 11:52 AM
Nice :D
Hm... I believe... theres also a Radiant dragon or something, that would fit my character concept better.
It just uses light, and its not epic. It'll take a moment to load up the draconomicon... otherwise its all based off Light, rather then color.
Nevermind. Forgot I don't have Draco with me at the moment.

Welknair
2011-07-17, 01:03 PM
Nevermind. Forgot I don't have Draco with me at the moment.

I, on the other hand, have it in front of me. Added.

NineThePuma
2011-07-30, 12:46 AM
Hate to be a bother, but can I request a Shadow Dragon heritage? =3 To counteract the Light Radiant heritage, naturally.

Welknair
2011-07-30, 09:09 AM
Hate to be a bother, but can I request a Shadow Dragon heritage? =3 To counteract the Light Radiant heritage, naturally.

Not at all. I welcome suggestions and requests, which includes those for specific Lineages.

I don't think that the Shadow Dragon Lineage perfectly balances out the Radiant Dragon, though. This is because there's a difference between Shadow and Darkness. As it is the original Shadow Dragon is incapable of casting Deeper Darkness. But if I didn't add that in, they'd have no abilities capable of dispelling Light effects.

NineThePuma
2011-07-30, 10:46 AM
Oh, no, that's fine. Shadow Dragons aren't the absence of light. They're more Negative Energy inclined, IIRC. I just thought they'd fit nicely with the Radiant Heritage.

Welknair
2011-07-30, 11:41 AM
Oh, no, that's fine. Shadow Dragons aren't the absence of light. They're more Negative Energy inclined, IIRC. I just thought they'd fit nicely with the Radiant Heritage.

I had the Lineage added when I made my previous post. And I happened to give them a Negative Energy Breath Weapon.

NineThePuma
2011-07-30, 12:01 PM
Yay, negative energy!

Cipher Stars
2011-07-31, 12:34 AM
I'd like to see a Fang dragon and any one of the following: Emerald, Howling, Pyroclastic, or Saphire.

Welknair
2011-07-31, 08:05 AM
I'd like to see a Fang dragon and any one of the following: Emerald, Howling, Pyroclastic, or Saphire.

Fang Dragon done. I'll work on one of those soon.

Darn non-True Dragons and your irregular breath weapons! I'm doing my best to work around the oddities of some of these, though I'm not so sure about my success rate.

Edit: Finished the Howling Dragon Lineage. I may make a couple for the Gem Dragons, but I'm currently unable to access the book that contains them.

Cipher Stars
2011-07-31, 02:37 PM
*whistles* I like the Fang. But its "Energy Resistance" isn't too clear... what do you mean by "Buffer"?

The Howling could use full 1 wis per 1d6 rather then 2d6

Welknair
2011-07-31, 02:40 PM
*whistles* I like the Fang. But its "Energy Resistance" isn't too clear... what do you mean by "Buffer"?

The Howling could use full 1 wis per 1d6 rather then 2d6

Thought as much. I'll change and clarify.

Cipher Stars
2011-07-31, 03:03 PM
Thats what I thought, but it could have been something like temporary constitution points so I had to ask.

I like them, and the Shadow Dragon. What book is it from so I can see what this Shadow ability does ..?

Welknair
2011-07-31, 03:40 PM
Thats what I thought, but it could have been something like temporary constitution points so I had to ask.

I like them, and the Shadow Dragon. What book is it from so I can see what this Shadow ability does ..?

Shadow Dragon is in the Draconimicon.