PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate post warning message

Strawberries
2011-06-24, 03:35 PM
I was making a post a few minutes ago, and when I hit "submit" I bumped into a server error. So I hit the "back" button, hit "submit" again...and a message showed up which said, basically "Your post is a duplicate of a post you already made, you will be redirected to the thread" or someting to that effect.

I went back to the thread and my post had in fact already been submitted, so the warning message prevented me from double posting and having to delete a post. AWESOME! :smallbiggrin:

I'm just curious if this is a new feature, because I never got a message like that before. If it is: great job!

Mercenary Pen
2011-06-24, 03:42 PM
I've had one a few days ago, though since my connection always seems far too slow this hasn't prevented me from making accidental double posts since- usually due to repeated error messages that let the post in question go through (though on that occasion it did prevent a triple post).

Thanks to the staff for the effort, but apologies that- unless the internet suddenly becomes perfect- it won't prevent all my double posts.

PersonMan
2011-06-24, 03:50 PM
It doesn't seem to be new, as several months ago I ran into it while reserving posts for one of my homebrew threads.

arguskos
2011-06-24, 04:04 PM
It's been around for as long as I can recall. I somehow doubt it's a new feature.

Trixie
2011-06-24, 04:10 PM
It was just turned off for a year, as far as I can recall.

And, when you encounter server errors, it's best to click 'preview' not 'submit' to check if post haven't got through, it's GitP 101 :smalltongue:

Renegade Paladin
2011-06-24, 04:23 PM
It was just turned off for a year, as far as I can recall.

And, when you encounter server errors, it's best to click 'preview' not 'submit' to check if post haven't got through, it's GitP Internet 101 :smalltongue:
Fixed. :smalltongue:

Strawberries
2011-06-24, 04:34 PM
And, when you encounter server errors, it's best to click 'preview' not 'submit' to check if post haven't got through, it's GitP 101 :smalltongue:

Makes sense, thanks!

Trixie
2011-06-24, 04:34 PM
Fixed. :smalltongue:

Dear Sir, that would be fix if that was Internet from, say, about 8 years ago :smalltongue: