PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with a Savage Species Progression for a Gloura

DegenPaladin
2011-06-24, 09:03 PM
Title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for a little assistance in creating a playable progression ala Savage Species for the Gloura from Underdark. Thanks in advance for any help.

*Doesn't violate terms of service because its part of the web enhancement found here

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e

LOTRfan
2011-06-24, 09:07 PM
I can have one made for you by tomorrow, if you wish.

DegenPaladin
2011-06-24, 09:58 PM
That would be awesome. Thank you very much for not only your help, but your quick response :)

LOTRfan
2011-06-24, 10:10 PM
You know how I said that it would be up by tomorrow? Well, I got bored. If you see any problems with it, or any adjustments you would like to be made, I'll be sure to correct any mistakes.

Gloura
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ex_Gloura.jpg
The rare and delicate glouras are the fey of the Underdark. The powerful magic of these creatures is more than sufficient to keep them safe from their foes. They are shy, elusive creatures who can sometimes be heard singing or playing caveharps far away, creating songs of heartstopping beauty. Glouras are sweet natured and nurturing, and endeavor to heal any injured animals, humanoids, or monstrous humanoids in the Underdark that they feel they can approach safely.

All but the most evil of Underdark dwellers look on glouras with favor. Folk such as svirfneblin or slyths build small shrines at which they leave gifts of food, drink, and other tokens of appreciation for the deep fey who live near their lairs. The people of communities that do not have skilled healers often leave their sick or dying there, in the hopes that the deep fey may take pity on them and heal them.

Gloura Adventurers are rare, but many may join groups that plan expeditions into the Underdark. The Gloura's magical support, as well as their innate knowledge of the Underdark, make them a valuable ally to adventuring groups.

Beginning Racial Traits:
• +2 Dex, +2 Charisma
• Medium Fey: As medium creatures, Glouras have no special size related penalties or bonuses. As fey, Glouras are immune to spells and effects that specifically target humanoids.
• Base Speed 30 ft.
• Lowlight Vision
• Darkvision 60 ft.
• Unearthly Grace: A Gloura gains a bonus to Armor Class and all saving throws that is equal to its Charisma modifier.
• Languages: Sylvan, Common. Bonus Languages: Undercommon.
• Favored Class: Bard.

{table=head]Hit Dice | Base Attack Bonus | Fort | Ref | Will | Special | 0th | 1st | 2nd | 3rd
1d6 | +0 | +0 | +2 | +2 | Beginning Racial Traits | 2 | --- | --- | ---
2d6 | +1 | +0 | +3 | +3 | Cha +2, Damage Reduction 2/Cold Iron | 3 | 0 | --- | ---
3d6 | +1 | +1 | +3 | +3 | Con +2, Dex +2 | 3 | 1 | --- | ---
3d6 | +1 | +1 | +3 | +3 | Cha +2, Damage Reduction 4/Cold Iron Fly 30 ft. (Average) | 3 | 1 | --- | --- | ---
4d6 | +2 | +1 | +4 | +4 | +2 Dex, +2 Wis | 3 | 2 | 0 | ---
5d6 | +2 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Damage Reduction 6/Cold Iron | 3 | 3 | 1 | ---
5d6 | +2 | +1 | +4 | +4 | +2 Dex, +2 Con, Fly 60 ft. (Good) | 3 | 3 | 1 | ---
6d6 | +3 | +2 | +5 | +5 | +2 Dex, Damage Reduction 8/Cold Iron | 3 | 3 | 2 | ---
7d6 | +3 | +2 | +5 | +5 | Damage Reduction 10/Cold Iron | 3 | 3 | 2 | 0[/table]

Skills: A Gloura gains a number of skills per level equal to (6 + INT modifier), with x4 at 1st level. A Gloura’s class skills are: Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Perform (Cha), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).

Class Features
A Gloura has the following class features:

Ability Score Adjustments: Every level (with the exceptions of 7th and 9th levels), a Gloura gains a +2 bonu to at least one ability score. By 9th level, a Gloura has +10 Dexterity, +4 Con, +2 Wisdom, and +6 Charisma.

Spells: A Gloura gains spells as a bard of its Hit Dice until 9th level. To learn or cast a spell, a Gloura must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Gloura’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Gloura’s Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a Gloura can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on the. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Charisma score. When the table indicates that the Gloura gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level, she gains only the bonus spells she would be entitled to based on his Charisma score for that spell level.

The Gloura’s selection of spells is extremely limited. A Gloura begins play knowing four 0-level spells of your choice. At most new Gloura levels in which Hit Dice are gained, she gains one or more new spells, as indicated on the table. (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a bard knows is not affected by his Charisma score; the numbers on the table are fixed.)

At 6th level, a Gloura can choose to learn a new spell in place of one she already knows. In effect, the Gloura "loses" the old spell in exchange for the new one. The new spell’s level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged, and it must be at least two levels lower than the highest-level bard spell the Gloura can cast. A Gloura may swap only a single spell at any given level, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that he gains new spells known for the level.

As noted above, a Gloura need not prepare his spells in advance. She can cast any spell she knows at any time, assuming she has not yet used up her allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level. If a Gloura takes levels in bard at a later time, her spellcasting stacks with the bard levels.

Damage Reduction: At 2nd level, a Gloura gains Damage Reduction 2/Cold Iron. At 4th level, and every other there after (in addition to 9th level), this Damage Reduction increases by +2.

Flight: At 4th level, a Gloura gains Flight with a speed of 30 ft. per round, with average maneuverability. At 7th level, the speed doubles and the maneuverability becomes good.

DegenPaladin
2011-06-24, 11:13 PM
Thank you very much. I have one question, how would (if it does at all) level adjustment buy off interact with something like this?

LOTRfan
2011-06-24, 11:15 PM
That's.... a good question. I don't think I've ever heard of someone using LA buyoff with this kind of thing, before.

Um... I guess get rid of the two extra levels, and place any benefits gained on those levels to the next highest? :smallconfused:

I honestly have no idea about that...