PDA

View Full Version : Fiend of possession build help

qwert-chan
2011-06-25, 01:22 AM
My DM has allowed me to try a Fiend of Possession from Fiend Folio in an upcoming Evil campaign with a lot of PVP(inspired by AGC webcomics) - we will get a quest that requies cooperation because of high CR monsters - and the one who manages to complete the quest and kill all other PC's is the winner.

We'll have six PC's(including me), 28 point buy, 11th level with standart WBL and a free +2 LA template. All players are very heavy optimizers(one of them is expected to be a devastating Warblade/Warshaper with a Soul Eater dip), and the DM allows nearly everything except, i dunno, Pun-Pun and infinite Candle-style loops.

I am a human with 8/8/10/14/12/18, before level-up boosts.

My build so far is Cloistered Cleric 1/Marshall 1/Ardent 1/Divine Minion of Isis/FoP 2/Mindbender 1/FoP 4/Thrallherd 1. The Cleric has Trickery and Pride domains and traded Turn Undead for Detect Good and smite, Marshall has a motivate int. aura, Ardent's mantles are Deception and Knowledge. My feats are Otherworldy, Able Learner, Ghost Hand, Poltergeist Hand, Practiced Manifester, Imp. Poltergeist Hand, Inquisitor and Mindsight - and my skills lean heavily towards Hide, Spellcraft, 4 social skills and Knowledge(all).

And, by the way, I've lost my extra +1 LA in exchange of addition Mindlink to Ardent's deception mantle and adapting Mindbender to its psionic version.

My question is - what kind of thrallherd should i choose? And what kind of equipment should I buy for me and for him? Is this build strong and viable, and are there any weaknesses/blind spots in here? What can the enemies do to throw me out someone's body and reliably kill me?

Personally I'm leaning towards a tank Crusader cohort with me possessing his weapon =)

Thoughts, anyone?