PDA

View Full Version : Closing an interplanar portal

faceroll
2011-06-25, 02:53 AM
Are there any spells that permanently close portals between planes? I can't seem to find one, other than Disjunction.

olentu
2011-06-25, 03:35 AM
Are there any spells that permanently close portals between planes? I can't seem to find one, other than Disjunction.

Hmmm permanent duration permanent or destroyed forever permanent. Well without clarification I recall that there is a seal portal spell or something of the like in the planer handbook but I think it is permanent duration permanent.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-25, 03:50 AM
Wish. Miracle. Limited Wish.

Cicciograna
2011-06-25, 01:10 PM
There is a 6th level spell in Manual of the Planes called Seal portal that permanently severes an interplanar connection.
It has been reprinted in FRCS, if I recall correctly, but with a different name (something like Seal gate).

EDIT: you can find the spell in Planar handbook too. Re-reading it, it's not the best way to close a portal, as the spell itself can be bypassed via Dispel magic, a Chime of opening or the Gatecrasher ability to open portals.

faceroll
2011-06-26, 12:30 AM
There is a 6th level spell in Manual of the Planes called Seal portal that permanently severes an interplanar connection.
It has been reprinted in FRCS, if I recall correctly, but with a different name (something like Seal gate).

EDIT: you can find the spell in Planar handbook too. Re-reading it, it's not the best way to close a portal, as the spell itself can be bypassed via Dispel magic, a Chime of opening or the Gatecrasher ability to open portals.

Excellent, this is most useful.