PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Hexblade [base class PEACH]

Vallum
2011-06-25, 01:30 PM
Hexblade
Alignment: A Hexblade can be found on all lines of the alignment, though the source of the Hexblades abilities usually attracts those against good moral values, it is nothing holding the user to defend the poor or helpless and hexing those who sought evil, its just uncommon amongst the practitioners
Hit Dice: d10
Class skills: The Hexblades’s class skills are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Fly (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|
Jinxes, Hexblade's Curse|3|-|-|-|-|-|

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|
Voodoo Doll (Cha to saving throws)|4|-|-|-|-|-|

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|
Mettle|5|-|-|-|-|-|

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|
Dark Companion|6|3|-|-|-|-|

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|
Voodoo Doll (+4 to skills)|6|4|-|-|-|-|

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5|
Bonus feat|6|5|-|-|-|-|

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+5|
Greater Hexblade's Curse|6|6|3|-|-|-|

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+6|
Swift Spellcaster 1/day|6|6|4|-|-|-|

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|
bonus feat|6|6|5|-|-|-|

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|
Voodoo Doll (+4 to casting defensively)|6|6|6|3|-|-|

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+3|
+7|
Swift Spellcaster 2/day|6|6|6|4|-|-|

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+4|
+8|
Aura of Unluck 3+Cha, Bonus feat|6|6|6|4|-|-|

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+4|
+8|
Dire Hexblade's Curse|6|6|6|5|3|-|

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+4|
+9|
Swift Spellcaster 3/day|6|6|6|6|4|-|

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+5|
+9|
Aura of Unluck 6+Cha, Bonus feat|6|6|6|6|5|-|

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+5|
+10|
Voodoo Doll (Cha to overcoming SR)|6|6|6|6|6|3|

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+10|
Swift Spellcaster 4/day|6|6|6|6|6|4|

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+11|
Aura of Unluck 8+Cha, Bonus feat|6|6|6|6|6|5|

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|
Swift Spellcaster 5/day|6|6|6|6|6|6|

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+12|
Ultimate Curse|6|6|6|6|6|6|[/table]

---------------------

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A hexblade is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and with light and medium armor and light shields and buckler. A hexblade can cast his hexblade spells while wearing light or medium armor and while using a light shield or buckler without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, a hexblade wearing heavy armor or a heavy shield still incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component. A multiclass hexblade incurs the normal arcane spell failure chance for arcane spells received from other classes.

Jinxes: At 1st level, a hexblade gains the use of 4 0-level spells of his choice from the Sorcerer/wizard Spell list. A Hexblade may cast these spells as often as he likes, with the additional 0-level spells listed below. These work as just like a sorcerer's or wizard's cantrips, with the exception that he uses his own class level as his casting level. The hexblade gains additional jinxes at the same rate as a sorcerer gains cantrips

Spells: A hexblade casts arcane spells drawn from the Wizard/Sorcerer Spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. To learn or cast a spell, a hexblade must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a hexblade's spell is 10 + the spell level + the hexblade's Charisma modifier.
Like other spellcasters, a hexblade can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is the same as a sorcerer. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score (see Table 1–3 of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook).
A hexblade's selection of spells is extremely limited. A hexblade begins play knowing 1 1st-level spell of her choice. At each new hexblade level, he gains one or more new spells, as indicated on Table 3–15 of the Pthfinder RPG Core Rulebook, but does not gain spells past 6th, but continues to gain knwon and uses per day as the table. (Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a hexblade knows is not affected by his Charisma score. The numbers on Table 3–15 are fixed.)
Upon reaching 5th level, and at every third hexblade level after that (8th, 11th, and so on), a hexblade can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows. In effect, the hexblade “loses” the old spell in exchange for the new one. The new spell’s level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged, and it must be at least one level lower than the highest-level hexblade spell the hexblade can cast. A hexblade may swap only a single spell at any given level and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that he gains new spells known for the level. A hexblade need not prepare his spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.

Hexblade's Curse (Su): A bexblade can, as a free action, unleash a curse upon a foe. The target must be visible to the hexblade and within 60 feet. The target of the hexblade's curse takes a -2 penalty on attacks, combat maneuver checks, saves, abilities checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hours thereafter. In addition, the target is also dazzled for 3 rounds. A successful Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 hexblade's class levels + hexblade's Cha modifier) negates both effects. A hexblade can use this ability times per day equal to 3 + the hexblade's Charisma modifier. At every four levels beyond 1st (5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th) a hexblade gains the ability to use his curse one additional time per day, as indicated on progression table. Multiple hexblade's curses don't stack. If the target makes his saving throw, the ability does not count as used, and the hexblade may try to use his Hex ability on the target on the hexblades next turn. The dazzled condition of the target ends immediately if the curse has ended before 3 rounds have passed, (as if the Hexblade has diagnosed a different target for his curse). The attack penalty and dazzled condition caused by this curse stack while the curse's dazzled condition lasts.

Voodoo Doll (Su): At 2nd level, a hexblade gains a bonus equal to his Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws. at 5th level, the hexblade gains a +4 untyped bonus to skill checks in which he has ranks in. At 10th level, it gives the hexblade a +4 to checks to casting a spell defensively. At 16th level, the Voodoo doll grants the hexblade his natural Charisma modifier as a untyped bonus to overcoming spell resistance.
These effects are only active, however, if the hexblade keeps a voodoo doll replica on his person, visible for all to see. the Voodoo doll has a striking similarity to the hexblade. The Voodoo doll can be places anywhere on the front of the person. The voodoo doll cannot be covered, but can be made invisible along with the hexblade if under a friendly invisibility ability, (whether the invisibility was a spell cast by an ally or himself, the normal or greater version of invisibility, est.), but the voodoo doll cannot be made invisible by itself. The Voodoo doll must be made from the same material that the hexblade wears as armor, with a piece of the armor itself attached to the voodoo doll in someway, (this piece of armor is negligible, and does not effect the armor statistically), and a piece of the hexblade's flesh, (hair is the most common, but skin, fingernails, flesh, or even the more gruesome options like a piece of your lip or an eyelid will work as well). The hexblade must make the Voodoo doll himself, requiring a DC 15 knowledge (arcana) check, (the cost of material for the Voodoo doll will be 1/10 of the cost of the hexblade's armor as though the armor was mundane). It takes 4 hours of non-strenuous activity to create the Voodoo Doll. The Voodoo Doll's hp and hardness is equal to the hexblade's armor as though the armor was mundane. The Voodoo Doll can be affected by spells, both harmful and helpful. The Voodoo Doll may have contingency effects placed on it to protect it, (like a wizard can do to his spellbook).

Mettle (Ex): At 3rd level and higher, a hexblade can resist magical and unusual attacks with great willpower or fortitude. If he makes a successful Will or Fortitude save against an attack that normally would have a lesser effect on a successful save, (such as any spell with a saving throw entry of Will half or Fortitude partial), he instead completely negates the effect. An unconscious hexblade does not gain this benefit.

Dark Companion (Su): At 4th level, a hexblade may tear a fragment of his/her soul to aid the hexblade. That piece of the hexblade's soul: his shadow. The ritual to tear his shadow from his being and give it life requires a DC 15 knowledge (Arcana) check, (if failed, can be attempted again in 24 hours). Once known, the ritual itself takes at least 24 hours to preform and uses up 100 gold pieces.
Any enemy adjacent or atop of the hexblade's dark companion takes a -2 penalty to its saves and to its AC. Your companion's speed is equal to yours, (including all modes of movement you possess), and acts during your turn each round. It follows your mental commands perfectly -in effect, it is merely an extension of your will. In addition, after every 3rd level hereafter that the hexblade continues in taking levels in the Hexblade class, this AC penalty increases by 1, (so -3 at level 7, -4 at level 10, ect).
The hexblade's dark companion has no real substance, and thus can't attack or otherwise affect creatures of object. The hexblade cannot change the size of the Shadow in order to effect more enemies then it usually can, (it fills 1 5-foot square).
Any creature can enter a dark companion's 5-foot space without restriction, as can the dark companion exist in someone else's space. It is immune to any damage or other effects that might harm creatures, though it can be dispelled or suppressed just like a spell effect. Your dark companion is treated as a spell whose level is equal to the highest level hexblade spell the hexblade can cast. If it is dispelled, it becomes the hexblade's normal shadow for 24 hours. After 24 hours, the Shadows comes to life once more.
A dark companion can't create flanking situations, nor does it provoke attacks of opportunity from movement. Enemies may, once identifying it as something other then a shadow/a shade/the dark, can make a DC 10 knowledge (Arcana) check, (or an Int check if untrained). If successful, the enemy will recognize it as an illusion. If it is more then 120 feet from the hexblade at the start of the hexblade's turn, of if the hexblade loses line of effect to it, it instantly reappears adjacent to the hexblade.

Bonus Feat: At 6th level, and every three levels thereafter (9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th), a hexblade gains a bonus feat, which must be selected from the following list: Combat Casting, Great Fortitude, Greater Spell Focus (enchantment, necromancy, or transmutation only), Greater Spell Penetration, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Spell Focus (enchantment, necromancy, or transmutation only), Spell Penetration, Toughness, Weapon Focus.

Greater Hexblade's Curse (Su): At 7th level, the hexblade's curse gains more power. The pentality on attacks, combat maneuver checks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls incurred by a target of the hexblade's curse becomes -4 instead of -2.

Swift Spellcaster (Ex): At 8th level, the hexblade can cast one hexblade spell per day as a swift action, as long as its original casting time is a standard action or faster. He gains an additional use of this power at levels 11, 14, 17, and 19.

Aura of Unluck (Su): A hexblade of 12th levels or higher can create a baleful aura of misfortune. Any melee or Ranged attack has a 20% mischance, (similar to the effect of concealment). Activating the aura is a free action, and the aura lasts for a number of rounds per day equal to 3 + the hexblade's Charisma modifier (if any).
At 15th level and higher, a hexblade can use his aura of unluck 6 + Cha mod rounds per day. At 18th-level hexblade can activate this aura 8 + Cha mod rounds per day.

Dire Hexblade's Curse (Su): When a hexblade attains 13th level, the penalty on attacks, combat maneuver checks, save, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls incurred by a target of the Hexblade's curse becomes -6 instead of -4.

Ultimate Curse (Su): The hexblade has reached the epitome of his abilities, and has learned of the eldritch origins of hexs. A hexblade's curse's penalty on attacks, combat maneuver checks, save, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls incurred by a target of the Hexblade's curse becomes -8 instead of -6. In addition, the target of the hex, if the target failed its Will save against the curse, is ether deafened or blinded, (hexblade's choice), rather then dazzled, for 3 rounds. This condition ends if the curse has ended before 3 rounds have passed.

---------------------------------------
Notes: this is my remix of the Hexblade class created by Wizards of the Coast in complete warrior. With some lurking around on some boards, gathering info about what needs fixing, and some of my own homebrew, came up with this version of my own pathfinder Hexblade. I have yet to continue the play testing of this class though, but will be my priority once I get my group to NOT want to play with pathfinder templates

Gustaff
2011-06-25, 06:06 PM
I like it, though you should work better on his spell list...I think that making it the same as the wizard's can make the hexblade only one more gish class, which is not the point. Also, some hexblade spell from Complete Warrior are hexblade-only (Hound of Doom is a great spell!) which should not be missed.

Vallum
2011-06-25, 06:54 PM
I like it, though you should work better on his spell list...I think that making it the same as the wizard's can make the hexblade only one more gish class, which is not the point. Also, some hexblade spell from Complete Warrior are hexblade-only (Hound of Doom is a great spell!) which should not be missed.

Oops! Sorry, that was my revised spell list I threw in for another campaign I'm running. I need to go through the spells, pathfinderize some of the, and approve/decide which one's should be on the list, which should I take out, and what to add... I will later, going on a date now.

Dark Fire Drago
2011-07-28, 07:59 PM
I think its great,but what does 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th mean.

Vallum
2011-08-23, 11:41 AM
I think its great,but what does 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th mean.

Sorry, those are spells. Wasn't sure how to arrange the table without making an extra empty slot.