PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e Bloodline] Titankith (PEACH)

Welknair
2011-06-25, 04:15 PM
There was a request. And I didn't feel like making more Draconic Lineages for the time being and was too lazy to pull up my Tome of Magic pdf to re-read Truenaming rules. So yeah. Though honestly, they didn't do half-bad on the Titan bloodline in UA. Not a whole lot of differences between theirs and mine.

Titankith
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs47/PRE/f/2009/186/0/4/barbarian_by_vkucukemre.jpg

Titans are are the Giants of Giants. Yet interestingly, they possess the power to turn into medium and small creatures. This allows the more moderately-sized humanoid races to inherit some of the Titan's strength and abilities. These individuals always are on the larger side. You'll never find a scrawny Titankith.

Level
Minor
Intermediate
Major1 Jump +22 Jump +2 Power Attack3 Strength +14 Jump +2 Power Attack Powerful Build5 Titan Affinity +26 Strength +1 Improved Sunder7 Intimidate +28 Power Attack Powerful Build Levitate9 Constitution +110 Titan Affinity +2 Invisibility11 Titan Affinity +412 Strength +1 Improved Sunder Daylight/Deeper Darkness13 Spot +214 Intimidate +2 Spell Resistance15 Wisdom +116 Powerful Build Levitate Holy Smite/Unholy Blight17 Titan Affinity +618 Constitution +1 DR 5/Lawful19 Sense Motive +220 Titan Affinity +2 Invisibility True Size

All saves are Charisma based and CL is 1/4, 1/2 or 1X their level, depending on bloodline strength.

Power Attack: Titans are known for smashing their enemies into paste. Their descendants like to do the same. They gain Power Attack as a bonus feat.

Powerful Build: As mentioned above, Titankith tend to be on the larger side. Like, really large. To the point of verging on Large, in fact. They benefit from Powerful Build, as the Half-Giant ability of the same name. Yes, this allows them to use Large weapons without penalty.

Titan Affinity: Titans are a capricious, varied and unpredictable lot. Luckily, their descendants inherit many of these traits. They gain a bonus on all social interaction checks with Titans.

Improved Sunder: A key element of Titan tactics is that of breaking your opponent's weapon. This is particularly easy when you're using a weapon twice as large as theirs. The Titankith gains Improved Sunder as a bonus feat.

Levitate: You know, I never understood why 25ft tall creatures with +38 to jump needed to be able to float into the air 20ft/round. But apparently they can. Their descendants receive this ability as well. They can cast Levitate 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Invisibility: What's worse than a 14,000 pound colossi trying to step on you? An invisible 14,000 pound colossi trying to step on you. The Titankith can cast Invisibility 1/day as a spell-like ability.

Daylight/Deeper Darkness: Titans have the power the bring utter darkness or bright light to bear in the face of their enemies. The Titankith gains the ability to cast Daylight 1/day as a spell-like ability if they are good or neutral aligned or the ability to cast Deeper Darkness 1/day as a spell-like ability if they are evil aligned.

Spell Resistance: One cannot be much of a Titan if they can be felled by a single, lowly spell, now can they? Titans are resistant to the efforts of mages and clerics alike, just as their children are. They gain Spell Resistance 11 + their level.

Holy Smite/Unholy Blight: Though always chaotic, Titans often disagree over some of the finer issues of morality. Like whether or not stomping on that city is "Ethical". These differing views are evidenced in some of their abilities which are passed down to their descendants. The Kith gains the ability to cast either Holy Blight or Unholy Blight 1/day as a spell-like ability, depending upon alignment as with Daylight/Deeper Darkness.

DR 5/Lawful: Titans are tough. And wild. It takes quite a lot to take a Titan down. That "Lot" often takes the form of a Axiomatic weapon. The Titankith gains DR 5/Lawful.

True Size: Though already large, the Titankith knows that they have within them the blood of something far larger. For 1 minute/day they are treated for all intents and purposes as if they were two size categories larger than their natural size. They gain all the usual stat modifiers from their increased size, but still occupy the same amount of space that they occupied prior to using this ability and do not benefit from increased reach (Size rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm#bigandLittleCreatu resInCombat). And then the stat modifiers are here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#sizeIncreases)). True Size does not stack with any other size-increasing effects, such as Enlarge Person or Expansion.

Well there you go. Suggestions? Errors? Praise? Requests? Hate-mail?

Falin
2011-06-25, 04:42 PM
In invisibility you're missing a more between worth and than.

And I'd like to see some kobold-kin. I kid, but seriously demons.

Welknair
2011-06-25, 04:52 PM
In invisibility you're missing a more between worth and than.

And I'd like to see some kobold-kin. I kid, but seriously demons.

Woops, was supposed to be "Worse than".

Demons and Devils are on my to-do list.

Daverin
2011-06-27, 08:11 PM
Oh sweet! Somehow missed this, even though I looked for it! Good thing I was checking your sig for other works...

Looks very well done, thanks for taking the request! I especially like that you used Powerful Build (which I probably would have used, to be honest,) and think the capstone at 20 looks pretty awesome and flavorful. You even include a few spell-likes to touch upon something I always assumed, which is that titans, like dragons, are somewhat magic-blooded (certainly have enough spell-likes, anways...)

EDIT: Also, are angels, or celestials of any kind, on your to-do list as well?

Welknair
2011-06-27, 09:54 PM
Oh sweet! Somehow missed this, even though I looked for it! Good thing I was checking your sig for other works...

Looks very well done, thanks for taking the request! I especially like that you used Powerful Build (which I probably would have used, to be honest,) and think the capstone at 20 looks pretty awesome and flavorful. You even include a few spell-likes to touch upon something I always assumed, which is that titans, like dragons, are somewhat magic-blooded (certainly have enough spell-likes, anways...)

EDIT: Also, are angels, or celestials of any kind, on your to-do list as well?

Glad you liked it!

Given that I've added Devils and Demons, I can hardly not include Angels in there.

I'm also juggling around some ideas for a "Bloodmage" since they seem to be all the rage these days. But of course they'd actually use magical blood. Bloodline control. Should be interesting. Tell your friends.

Mulletmanalive
2011-07-17, 12:43 PM
There appears to be an error in here: the capstone states they're aready large by that point, while there is no ability around that causes that. Either the ability needs adding or the text on the cap needs editing.

Welknair
2011-07-17, 12:49 PM
There appears to be an error in here: the capstone states they're aready large by that point, while there is no ability around that causes that. Either the ability needs adding or the text on the cap needs editing.

Note the lack of capitalization. I mean he's a large person, not Large Size. Maybe I should reword that...