PDA

View Full Version : NPC a Day

Dingle100
2011-06-25, 06:15 PM
I've started creating an NPC a day, these are fully statted and each one has a bit of a back story. I am swapping between Pathfinder RPG and D&D 3.5 NPC's and advanced monsters. I've been doing this for over 2 months now so have over 60 Creations. Some are designed to join together to become encounters. You can check them out on NPCaDay (http://www.dinglesgames.com/tools/NPC%20a%20Day/) They were all created using the generators on the site http://www.dinglesgames.com/. If any one has some ideas for more NPC's let me know, as I am starting to run a bit dry.

Zonugal
2011-06-25, 07:09 PM
I'd recommend you begin developing a campaign setting that way you have occupations, rulers, villains and everything else under the sun to work on (while constructing a useful setting).

RndmNumGen
2011-06-25, 07:18 PM
I'd recommend you begin developing a campaign setting that way you have occupations, rulers, villains and everything else under the sun to work on (while constructing a useful setting).

This. If you are so interested, you can publish it later.

Dingle100
2011-06-25, 08:27 PM

I like the idea, in a year I'd have a pretty detailed setting with hundreds of NPCs. The only problem is I am splitting the NPCs between Pathfinder RPG and D&D 3.5. Two campaigns setting maybe a bit much. I could create 2 versions of each NPC's, but that seams a bit overkill. :smallconfused:

Captain Caveman
2011-06-26, 01:56 AM
My name is actually based off one of my favorite NPCs a DM ever put in a game. Essentially the town we came to had their "local hero" who simply called himself Captain Caveman. He was a barbarian who duel wielded clubs and wore hide armor (refused to get anything new). I believe we eventually determined he didn't even have two weapon fighting he used the rage ability just to counter his horrible two hit. Every month or two he would run out of money, go out into the woods for a few days and come back with a couple hundred gold and some goblin heads. Essentially he was just an adventurer who was satisfied with the level 4 life style.