PDA

View Full Version : Ignore list questions.

Inhuman Bot
2011-06-25, 11:55 PM
So, two questions. First of all, is there an easy way for me to look at my entire ignore list? Secondly, are names automatically removed/changed?

I've reached the limit, and I'd like to know if I can just remove some old names/banned users.

Mystic Muse
2011-06-26, 12:17 AM
So, two questions. First of all, is there an easy way for me to look at my entire ignore list? Secondly, are names automatically removed/changed?

I've reached the limit, and I'd like to know if I can just remove some old names/banned users.

Go to user CP go down to the part titled "Miscellaneous" and you'll find your buddy/ignore list listed below event reminders.

As a side note, what exactly is the limit?

Renegade Paladin
2011-06-26, 01:21 AM
Why would you use it at all? :smallconfused:

Strawberries
2011-06-26, 01:25 AM

To avoid giving up to temptation to be rude to a post you know you have argued with in the past and will probably argue with again, since your opinions are irreconcilable? I don't use it myself, but I think that's its intended purpose (it hides the posts from the users you have under "ignore").

Mystic Muse
2011-06-26, 01:32 AM
To avoid giving up to temptation to be rude to a post you know you have argued with in the past and will probably argue with again, since your opinions are irreconcilable?

Exactly. That or you just never particularly want to read a certain poster's posts for some other reason. Like the person being completely negative in almost every post you've ever seen by them.

Dogmantra
2011-06-26, 10:30 AM
Names are automatically changed. If you ignore a poster when they're called, say, Mr Horrible and then they change their name to The Ugliness Man, they'll be on your ignore list as The Ugliness Man, which can be kinda disconcerting if you don't know they've changed their name.

Inhuman Bot
2011-06-28, 02:13 PM

To avoid people other then myself who consistently make low content posts, personally.

Anyways, that solves my problem, so much obliged.

super dark33
2011-06-28, 03:02 PM
what does ignoring do anyway?

Occasional Sage
2011-06-28, 03:07 PM
Any post by an Ignored Playgrounder is compressed to read, essentially, "There's a post, here, but you've ignored this person." Also, you don't see their avatar or sig line.

Strawberries
2011-06-28, 03:07 PM
It hides the posts of the person you are ignoring so you can't read them unless you click on them.

I suppose it blocks also the PMs from said person, but I'm not sure.

Mordokai
2011-06-28, 03:38 PM

Because some people are annoying and I don't want to see a single post from them... ever again.

happyturtle
2011-06-28, 04:40 PM
If you want to see what ignoring does, just pick a random poster on this thread and ignore them. You can easily un-ignore them after a look-see, and the other person never gets any sort of notification that they are ignored.

On another forum I frequent, one of the forum rules is that you aren't allowed to publicly announce that you're ignoring someone, as it had become a way of fuelling ongoing flame wars (eg: 'Everything you've said on this subject is wrong <insert more insults etc> so I'm ignoring you from now on').

Renegade Paladin
2011-06-28, 04:49 PM
{Scrubbed}

Roland St. Jude
2011-06-28, 05:36 PM
Sheriff: Okay, so problem solved.