PDA

View Full Version : From ranged to melee

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-06-26, 10:31 AM
I was wondering if there were a way to make a ranged touch attack count as/become a melee touch attack?

Sucrose
2011-06-26, 11:12 AM
I was wondering if there were a way to make a ranged touch attack count as/become a melee touch attack?

I recall that the Enlightened Fist prestige class from Complete Arcane can do that with rays, but past that, I think that your best bet is probably something like either a spell-storing gauntlet or using the Smiting Spell metamagic (Player's Handbook II), and asking your DM to accept the idea of you going for the weapon attack purely with the intent to transfer the spell, or using the touch attack option from Stormguard Warrior (tactical feat from the Tome of Battle.)

The Rabbler
2011-06-26, 11:43 AM
I think shape spell might do it, but why would you want to? a ranged touch attack can hit people next to you.

Big Fau
2011-06-26, 12:05 PM
I think shape spell might do it, but why would you want to? a ranged touch attack can hit people next to you.

Arcane Channeling most likely.

The Rabbler
2011-06-26, 12:51 PM

Eh. Even with duskblade, its usually more worthwhile to spend your resources trying to make it better (empower, twin, etc) than to spend them to make the spell work as a touch spell.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-06-26, 06:16 PM

Indeed. I mainly wanted a way to count a ranged touch attack as a melee attack so I could keep the range, but I don't think that's possible.

Popertop
2011-06-26, 07:44 PM
It's not like you can't use a ranged touch attack against someone adjacent to you, unless you are hoping to use some special ability you have that only counts on melee touch attacks...

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-06-26, 08:16 PM
It's not like you can't use a ranged touch attack against someone adjacent to you, unless you are hoping to use some special ability you have that only counts on melee touch attacks...

Hense my previous post confirming that the reason why I want to know was to use Arcane Channeling.