PDA

View Full Version : Hippogriff Companion

ExemplarofAvg
2011-06-26, 01:08 PM
So I was looking up Pathfinder today (or 3.75 if you prefer) the ranger esp. and saw something I quite liked, the ability to have a Hippogriff Companion, now this would fit in perfectly with a Ranger of House Vadalis going Vadalis Beastkeeper I was thinking of going in one setting, what I want to know is if there is any feasable way for this to work in 3.5 because in Pathfinder you give up Favored Terrain and your Companion for the Hippogriff, which isn't really a problem as the 3.75 ranger has both favored terrain and enemy. But in 3.5 you get one or the other, so I'm asking is would it bee reasonable to give up a companion to get the Hippogriff, or what else should be removed?

ericgrau
2011-06-26, 03:36 PM
The common way to get a flying mount as a companion is to take the leadership feat. They all have listed LAs for use as cohorts, unless PF changed that.

Dragonsoul
2011-06-26, 04:28 PM
on the flip side of the coin- You could always just shell out 10,000go for a griffin, it's priced somewhere....But learn from my mistake-Don't bring it into combat(Although one reincarnate later I Now have a manticore..but that's a different story)