PDA

View Full Version : I want to be REALLY ANGRY!

tonberrian
2011-06-26, 02:23 PM
...more times per day.

Is there any ways to get additional rages/day that aren't feats or class levels? Separately, what classes advance rages/day?

Eldariel
2011-06-26, 02:24 PM
...more times per day.

Is there any ways to get additional rages/day that aren't feats or class levels? Separately, what classes advance rages/day?

There are PRCs that gain Barbarian Rage advancement but those are mostly Barbarian PRCs. Off the top of my head, Bear Warrior and Runescarred Berserker do.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-26, 02:31 PM
Extra Rage, in Complete Warrior. It's a feat. Yay.

EDIT: Not a feat? No idea.

Darth Stabber
2011-06-26, 02:32 PM
There are PRCs that gain Barbarian Rage advancement but those are mostly Barbarian PRCs. Off the top of my head, Bear Warrior and Runescarred Berserker do.

Bear Warrior gives 1 at lvl 7. Don't know about RB.

Now having a party caster prepare a couple of rage spells is not bad call, but need to wait until you have run out of regular rages, otherwise it just forces you to use one that you have. Keep in mind that you really only need about 4 per day, and unless you are a bear warrior you should still be able to fight somewhat well with out it.

Zaq
2011-06-26, 02:38 PM
I could swear there's something in MIC that gives you an extra rage per day, but I'm drawing a blank on what it is. A quick search through that might help, though.

tonberrian
2011-06-26, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately, I AM a Bear Warrior (or rather, a Lion Warrior - a 5 level variant that trades out bear shapes for lion and dire lion at 1 and 5, no level 7 extra rage).

Eldariel
2011-06-26, 02:44 PM
RSB gives 3 more uses, I think. That said, if you're already BW, it's hard to fit enough levels to make 'em worthwhile.

Irreverent Fool
2011-06-26, 02:46 PM
Mask of Fury - Dragon 324, Rage as a Barbarian 2/day

That's all I can come up with that isn't a feat or a class.

Edit: Got some more, not exactly what you were asking, but possibly beneficial
MIC - Brash weapon (+1 bonus) will make your rages last longer.
MIC - Mask of Blood also makes them last longer

gorfnab
2011-06-26, 03:19 PM
Half Orc Paragon (UA) gives you an additional Rage/Day. However you have to be a Half Orc to take it :smallyuk:.

dextercorvia
2011-06-26, 03:26 PM
Anthropomorphic Badger has unlimited rages per day, but they can't enter them at will.

Darth Stabber
2011-06-26, 05:10 PM
Rage spells and/or potions. Rage can be be brew potioned, and slurped when you have run out of natural rage. RAW if you have rage it activates all the nice rage features that you might have, except as a standard action.

tonberrian
2011-06-26, 05:16 PM
Rage spells and/or potions. Rage can be be brew potioned, and slurped when you have run out of natural rage. RAW if you have rage it activates all the nice rage features that you might have, except as a standard action.

Actually, due to the unique nature of the campaign, we have neither Vancian spellcasters nor consumable items.

NeoSeraphi
2011-06-26, 05:20 PM
I am responding to your second question about classes that advance rages per day.

The Black Blood Cultist (CN, NE, CE only) from Champions of Ruin. Turn into a beast. Rip people to shreds when you grapple/rage

Gabe the Bard
2011-06-26, 09:44 PM
Dawncaller is a goliath prestige class in Races of Stone that can incite rage in their allies with bardic music. Barbarians can rage without spending their own daily uses.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-26, 09:51 PM
The Hida Defender PrC in OA gives you one use of rage/day for every even numbered level. It requires you to multiclass or blow a feat for heavy armor proficiency though.

Flame of Anor
2011-06-26, 11:25 PM
Repeat this to yourself:

THEY CANCELLED FIREFLY.
THEY DIDN'T GREENLIGHT AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS.
THEY CANCELLED FIREFLY.

Coidzor
2011-06-26, 11:35 PM
Actually, due to the unique nature of the campaign, we have neither Vancian spellcasters nor consumable items.

So I'm thinking the answer is nope then, if you don't have spellcasters, magic items, or consumables.

Darth Stabber
2011-06-27, 12:18 AM
So I'm thinking the answer is nope then, if you don't have spellcasters, magic items, or consumables.

Agreed, vancian casting and consumables derived from such are how things get done. There might be a psionic power with similar effects, but something tells me that isn't on the available list either. I'm going to warn you that what little passes for balance in D&D goes right out the window when large swathes of items are removed or too tightly restricted. If your okay with that it can be a lot of fun, but the modicum of balance the game has is very finicky when things are removed, especially wands and potions.

KingofMadCows
2011-06-27, 12:19 AM
Repeat this to yourself:

THEY CANCELLED FIREFLY.
THEY CANCELLED FIREFLY.

Or just imagine Uwe Boll getting the rights to make a Planescape: Torment movie.

Coidzor
2011-06-27, 12:28 AM
Or just imagine Uwe Boll getting the rights to make a Planescape: Torment movie.

Careful, just thinking that one might push people into straight on suicidal depression! :smalleek:

Darth Stabber
2011-06-27, 12:37 AM

Wow, that does make me increadibly angry, and increadibly depressed. I'll kill either mr. Boll or myself I don't know which.

Feytalist
2011-06-27, 03:45 AM

what is this i don't even

tonberrian
2011-06-27, 08:10 AM
Agreed, vancian casting and consumables derived from such are how things get done. There might be a psionic power with similar effects, but something tells me that isn't on the available list either. I'm going to warn you that what little passes for balance in D&D goes right out the window when large swathes of items are removed or too tightly restricted. If your okay with that it can be a lot of fun, but the modicum of balance the game has is very finicky when things are removed, especially wands and potions.

I'm willing to give it a shot. And we are allowed custom items, and use/day items. But at that point, I might as well just ask for something that grants Rage/day straight.

dextercorvia
2011-06-27, 08:32 AM
Technically Eternal Wands aren't consumables. Rage fits into one nicely. Will require some UMD.

J.Gellert
2011-06-27, 08:49 AM

Take care, civilized man, to not speak such words in a barbarian-filled topic, for we are large and quick to anger... :smalltongue: