PDA

View Full Version : Luck-Themed Arcane Spells

Black_Zawisza
2011-06-26, 07:05 PM
I need some help putting together a spell list for my roguish caster. Could you guys name some luck-themed spells and the books they appear in?

Thanks, fellow playground-dwellers!

SouthpawHare
2011-06-26, 07:31 PM
Being a fan of d20 Rebirth, a fan-made system created right here on these forums, I might just point you in the direction of the d20r Luckthief - A rogue-like character with luck-based special abilities and minor spellcasting progression. Sounds pretty close to what you're looking for already.

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-06-26, 08:46 PM
It is a brew, but one of the best I've seen. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9136706&postcount=10)

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-06-26, 09:29 PM
It is a brew, but one of the best I've seen. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9136706&postcount=10)

dextercorvia
2011-06-26, 10:03 PM
Improvisation (SpC) 1st level Bard spell: You get luck points equal to twice your CL, and can spend them to improve all kinds of rolls.

Choose Destiny (SpC) 9th level Destiny domain spell: Not arcane, but awesome, you roll everything twice and take the best roll.

Indomitability (SpC) 5th level Wiz/Sor spell: The next time you would be reduced to 0 or fewer HP, instead you are reduced to 1.

Recitation (SpC) 4th level Cleric, 3rd level Purification domain spell: One of my favorite cleric spells. Luck bonus to AC, attack rolls, and saves, is better for followers of your deity.

Ruin Delver's Fortune (SpC) 4th level Bard, Wiz/Sor spell: Immediate action counter/bonus to different situations.

Wings of Cover (RotD) 4th level Sorcerer spell: Immediate action gain cover against an attack.

Unluck (SpC) 3rd level Bard, Sor/Wiz spell: Target rolls twice and takes the worst roll for rounds/level

Insight of Good Fortune (PHBII) 2nd level Bard, Sor/Wiz, Cleric spell: Once during the duration take the best of two rolls.

Optimator
2011-06-27, 12:46 AM
Alter Fortune from PHBII