PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Lord Marshal (Chronicles of Riddick)

Thurbane
2011-06-26, 09:55 PM
I caught the last part of Chronicles of Riddick on TV the other night - now, I was pretty disappointed with the movie when I saw it at the cinema (I though Pitch Black was brilliant, but the sequel just didn't grab me).

Anyhow, I was wondering how you'd build the Lord Marshal (the BBEG of the movie). He seems to be an altered human, who gained powers by being exposed to the Underverse. Hos powers include superhuman bursts of speed (almost to the point of blinking), high strength and the ability to rip people's souls from their body. He is also a skilled commander, tactician and warrior. He may have some other abilities I've forogtten about.

So, how would you build him in 3.5? This isn't for actual use in a game, just a mental excercise. Prefferably a non-gestalt build, if possible.

Cheers - T

Madcrafter
2011-06-26, 10:27 PM
Swordsage/Soul Eater using shadow hand and maybe tiger claw. Throw in some leaderish levels to taste (cleric, marshal, maybe bard or favoured soul? been a while since I saw that movie)

mabriss lethe
2011-06-26, 10:35 PM
I think you could get a lot of his shtick with some combination of ToB classes. Shadowhand is sort of a must... Hmm.

Ruby Knight Vindicator has a very similar feel of religious zealotry and access to the goodies he'd need to pull off his tricks.

Zonugal
2011-06-26, 10:37 PM
How about a Paladin of Tyranny 2/Hexblade 3/Ur-Priest 2/Bone Knight 8?