PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Fallen Movanic Deva - What CR?

ImperatorK
2011-06-27, 09:35 AM
What abilities would you take away from a Movanic Deva (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/angel/angel-movanic-deva) and what CR would you give it if it would be fallen?

Urpriest
2011-06-27, 09:39 AM
Which way is it falling, and in what setting?

In Eberron I'd have it keep exactly the same stats (evil Eberron angels are awesome). If it's falling to LE, I'd have it become an Erinyes.

ImperatorK
2011-06-27, 09:42 AM
It bacame CN.

Shadowknight12
2011-06-27, 09:42 AM
Nature's Pacifism and Detect Evil actually seem like really flavourful to drop. But yes, Erinyes are your go-to for fallen angels. An Incubus/Succubus wouldn't be too out of line either, depending on the nature of the fall.

Or you could just apply the Fiendish template, get rid of any (Sp) abilities that mimic spells with the [Good] descriptor and up its CR by 1.

EDIT: CN? Just get rid of the (Sp) abilities that mimic spells with the [Good] descriptor, drop its CR by 1 and call it a day.

ImperatorK
2011-06-27, 09:46 AM
And what if I remove all it's Sp abilities and Nature's Pacifism and Protected Life Force? -2 CR? More?

Shadowknight12
2011-06-27, 09:54 AM
And what if I remove all it's Sp abilities and Nature's Pacifism and Protected Life Force? -2 CR? More?

Nature's Pacifism and Protected Life Force are negligible. Its big areas are the (Sp), the immunities and its attack. -2 is about right, on average. The thing with CR is that it depends on your party. A magic-lacking party would find the deva easier, since a lot of its immunities are geared towards spellcasters. At the same time, if you leave the DR/Evil, it'll probably hurt melee unless they have a way to bypass it.