PDA

View Full Version : {3.5} battle cleric

kimboslice3334
2011-06-27, 12:57 PM
So im thinking about making a battle cleric. i want to tank. i saw that ordained champion and knight of the raven are good. but i only want to take 3 lv of ordained champion bc i dont want to lose any more caster levels. what are your guys suggestions on feats and other classes. please no ToB stuff

Morbis Meh
2011-06-27, 01:10 PM
Cleric 6/Radiant Servant of "Insert Sun God Here" 3/Contemplative 1/Radiant Servant X/Contemplative X

Human with 2 flaws nets you with 4 starting feats:
F-Extend Spell
F-Persistant Spell
H: DMM Persist
1: Extra Turning
3: Power Attack
etc etc
Radiant servant allows you to pick up martial prof for free, DMM Persist in conjunction with Divine power, Righteous Might, Stone Body= Ultra tank of death. If you can swing it, with the bonus domain from contemplative get the spell domain you can cast arcane spells so then persist these spells in this order: wraithstrike, Polymorph (firblogs are usually good), Divine Power, Stone Body.
The build will require a lot of turn undead attempts so take extra turning if you are not allowed night sticks, have a high cha, or multclass into other classes (check with your dm on this one)
Domains should be: Sun, if you go for pelor as your deity I suggest strength so you can trade for strength devotion.

kimboslice3334
2011-06-27, 01:55 PM
was tinking of being more focused on BAB then spells, and useing my turning attempts to buff my ac or something with the law devotion feat. or also using turning attempts to buff my dmg with divine justice i believe its called

dextercorvia
2011-06-27, 01:58 PM
Cleric 6/Radiant Servant of "Insert Sun God Here" 3/Contemplative 1/Radiant Servant X/Contemplative X

Human with 2 flaws nets you with 4 starting feats:
F-Extend Spell
F-Persistant Spell
H: DMM Persist
1: Extra Turning
3: Power Attack
etc etc
Radiant servant allows you to pick up martial prof for free, DMM Persist in conjunction with Divine power, Righteous Might, Stone Body= Ultra tank of death. If you can swing it, with the bonus domain from contemplative get the spell domain you can cast arcane spells so then persist these spells in this order: wraithstrike, Polymorph (firblogs are usually good), Divine Power, Stone Body.
The build will require a lot of turn undead attempts so take extra turning if you are not allowed night sticks, have a high cha, or multclass into other classes (check with your dm on this one)
Domains should be: Sun, if you go for pelor as your deity I suggest strength so you can trade for strength devotion.

Arcane spells can't be persisted with DMM, see the errata.

was tinking of being more focused on BAB then spells, and useing my turning attempts to buff my ac or something with the law devotion feat. or also using turning attempts to buff my dmg with divine justice i believe its called

Persisted Divine Power gives you full BAB. How much more focused on it can you be?

Gullintanni
2011-06-27, 02:02 PM
Arcane spells can't be persisted with DMM, see the errata.

Persisted Divine Power gives you full BAB. How much more focused on it can you be?

I think spells cast out of the Spell domain qualify as Divine, and therefore can be persisted. Although, whether or not Anyspell has specific clausing within it that renders it an arcane spell, I'm not sure.

dextercorvia
2011-06-27, 02:06 PM
I think spells cast out of the Spell domain qualify as Divine, and therefore can be persisted. Although, whether or not Anyspell has specific clausing within it that renders it an arcane spell, I'm not sure.

It's been discussed several times in the last couple of weeks. Anyspell has specific language stating that the prepared spell is Arcane, and that you cast it just as a wizard does...

Gullintanni
2011-06-27, 02:07 PM
It's been discussed several times in the last couple of weeks. Anyspell has specific language stating that the prepared spell is Arcane, and that you cast it just as a wizard does...

I haven't really been following those conversations. Thanks for clarifying :smallsmile:

kimboslice3334
2011-06-27, 02:16 PM
waht about pious temptlar

Gnaeus
2011-06-27, 02:21 PM
He said he doesn't want Ordained Champion b/c it loses caster levels, that makes Pious Templar look even worse.

kimboslice3334
2011-06-27, 02:28 PM
if it is strong enough i will take it. i know metle is a great ability

Gnaeus
2011-06-27, 02:40 PM
Pious templar is a good class for (for example) a fighter who wanted a bit of a religious paladinish feel. It is not worth losing 5 caster levels over.

kimboslice3334
2011-06-27, 06:44 PM
this is my current build i have in mind. Items in () are in the process of being approved by my dm or im looking for a replacement to fill that slot. im looking for a class with decent bab and full spell casting to replace demon wrecker. so looking for feat and class advice

domains:
good
law
sun (lv 8)
at 9th level i get to sac my domains for feats that's why there are 5 feats at 9, i know i can only choose 4 but they are my current choices i am working with. i also gain the war domain

1 cleric (Shield Specialization)
2 cleric
3 cleric Weapon Focus
4 cleric
5 ordaind champ
6 knight of the raven DIVINE JUSTICE,
7 knight of the raven
8 knight of the raven
9 ordaind champ extra turning, power attack (Sanctify Martial Strike), (DMM), (extend)
10 ordaind champ
11 knight of the raven
12 knight of the raven HOLY WARRIOR
13 knight of the raven
14 knight of the raven
15 knight of the raven (persistent)
16 knight of the raven
17 knight of the raven
18 (demon hunter) Armor Specialization
19 (demon hunter)
20 (demon hunter)

helbred

kimboslice3334
2011-06-27, 09:33 PM
also spell selection. with that DMM feat i can put any lv 3 or lower buff spell on me for the whole day. are there any low lvcleric spells that buff luck/natural/sacred/instite/dodge bonuses to ac

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-27, 10:00 PM
Usually investing in AC is not a good idea, increasing damage output is usually the best idea.

kimboslice3334
2011-06-27, 10:03 PM
i know. do u no ne buffing spells that would do that. or buff DR

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-27, 10:19 PM
Magic Vestment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magicVestment.htm) give your armour and/or shield a +1 enhancement bonus to armor or shield bonus for every 4 CL (to a maximum of +5 at CL 20) and last hours per level so with a simple lesser rod of extending they will last all day.

Thor's Righteous Might (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/righteousMight.htm) and Divine Power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/divinePower.htm) are some core favourites.

kimboslice3334
2011-06-28, 04:48 PM
does ne 1 no if i have 2 defending weapons do they stack

dextercorvia
2011-06-28, 06:15 PM
does ne 1 no if i have 2 defending weapons do they stack

That is a source of RAW vs. RAI debate. However I can say that we like to use regular English around here. Few expect perfections, but I've found that posters who try get better/more response than those who don't.