PDA

View Full Version : The Snarlworth Parabox

Dakaran
2011-06-27, 03:44 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed previously, but I wasn't paying close attention to the forums back at the end of book 4. I've been giving the Snarl-rift at Azure City some more thought. What would the likelihood be that the planet within the rift that Blackwing saw is actually the world in which the OotS exists? Much in the manner of the Futurama episode "The Farnsworth Parabox" where... by the end of the episode the characters manage to pull the box containing their universe into their own universe and thus could hold their own universe in their hands. Or as Fry does, sits on the box and partially flattens the universe.
Could the Order some how destroy their own world by de-stabling the rift or destroying it?

Morquard
2011-06-27, 04:09 PM
I think there has been discussions about this before, but from what we know about the geography of the oots world from the different maps we've seen and so, the planet inside the rift doesn't fit.

Dakaran
2011-06-27, 04:11 PM
Ah, are there maps in the comic or in a forum of the OotS world?

Klear
2011-06-27, 04:41 PM
something like this:

http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF094-Freaking_Vortex.gif

But I don't think anything points to this being true yet...

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-06-27, 05:28 PM
Not of the world as a whole. There is one of the western continent (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0698.html). I believe War and XPs has a map of the southern lands. There are also some highly-abstract fan-made maps, but those wouldn’t be helpful in this case.

In any case, OotS doesn’t really seem to be so mind-screwy as to involve a recursive reality. So I would have to rate this idea as unlikely based on meta-textual expectations.

Occasional Sage
2011-06-27, 07:16 PM
Not of the world as a whole. There is one of the western continent (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0698.html). I believe War and XPs has a map of the southern lands. There are also some highly-abstract fan-made maps, but those wouldn’t be helpful in this case.

In any case, OotS doesn’t really seem to be so mind-screwy as to involve a recursive reality. So I would have to rate this idea as unlikely based on meta-textual expectations.

And thank god for that. The long-term interest of such plots has always been low for me.

Dakaran
2011-06-27, 07:29 PM
[Snip] ...

I would agree with you, Windrider. Thinking about it, it does seem unlikely.

And thank god for that. The long-term interest of such plots has always been low for me.

Ditto. I'm not the biggest fan normally of things like that, at least in a more serial story. The Futurama episode I mentioned in my first post I love just because it's super ridiculous, but for OotS, yeah... not so much.

EDIT: Awesome! This post just bumped me up from Pixie to Halfling in the Playground! :smallbiggrin:

factotum
2011-06-28, 01:42 AM

You can see a half-view of the world when V casts Familicide in #639.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-06-28, 09:44 AM
You can see a half-view of the world when V casts Familicide in #639.
Ah, I totally forgot aboutt that! :smallcool:

LudiDrizzt
2011-06-28, 04:05 PM
It seems much more likely that the world inside the Snarl is the previous world.

fizzybobnewt
2011-06-28, 04:09 PM
I think that it's all a plot devised by Wheatley and that's just the view through the other portal on the moon.