PDA

View Full Version : BBEG Weapon Choice

Heart
2011-06-27, 06:27 PM
Hi all! So in the campaign I'm running the players are finally going to see the BBEG in combat. The only problem is I'm not sure about his weapon choice.

So the question for all of you is, what should he beat my players with?

He's a Warblade/Wizard and will be focusing on using the Raging Mongoose and Time Stands Still maneuvers when in combat.

If you name something that isn't in the SRD, please give me the source book.

Lastly, I'm looking for something with flavour, not something super effective, so I'm willing to spend a few feats.

The Rabbler
2011-06-27, 06:30 PM
is this a gestalt game?

either way, what level is he/she?

EDIT: looks to be high level.

if TWFing, I'd go with a pair of sun blades each enhanced with extra plusses, one with smoking, one with warning, one with eager, and the rest doesn't really matter. If you want to be mean, throw on some +1d6 of the energy type that your party doesn't have any protection from.

If THFing, grab a greatsword, throw the biggest + you can, grab smoking and eager (and give him armor spikes with warning) with valorous (if you like charging)

Eurus
2011-06-27, 06:33 PM
So I take it he prefers two-weapon fighting? An interesting choice might be a quarterstaff. I don't see people actually TWF with staffs very often, even though it's an option.

Samuel Sturm
2011-06-27, 06:35 PM
How about the Sugliin out of Frostburn? Needs 2 feats to wield, but is a 2d8 massive log with antlers. It's a pole-arm, but with the right weapon style feats he can wield it, a light shield, and threaten everything within 10 feet, taking only a -2 to attack things at the 5' line. Very awesome.

Lateral
2011-06-27, 07:45 PM
This may be of some assistance. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88633)

AnonymousD&Der
2011-06-27, 08:26 PM
Considering you seem to be doing the ATTACKATTACKATTACKATTACKATTACKATTACKATTACKATTACKAT TACKATTACKATTACKATTACKATTACKATTACKATTACK thing, I'll second two weapon fighting. I don't know the flavor of your character, other than that, so I can't really suggest more. You know your party more than we do, so I'm sure you can pick the right upgrades, energy wise, to apply to your weapons to scare them.

WinWin
2011-06-27, 08:54 PM
Complete Adventurer has weapon capsule retainers that can be applied to weapons. They can be utilised to release an alchemical agent or poison quickly.

Dungeonscape has wand chambers that can be added to weapons. Said wand is considered ready. Combined with a swift spell such as Bladeweave or Wraithstrike (spell compendium) this can be a decent option. Make one Celerity and he should be able to comfortably make a Strike as an interrupt every turn.

Combine with Dual Wand Wielder from complete Arcane. There is also a feat called Wandstrike from the same book...Unfortunately I do not think it can be used with iterative attacks or Martial Strikes. Otherwise I would suggest adding a wand of Enervation to his kit and Dual weilding a pair of Rods of Many Wands from complete mage. Combined with a Metamagic Wand Grip and/or the feat Metamagic Wand Trigger from the same book...well it is probably for the best that they don't work with martial manuevers.