PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt build help

TaintedLight
2011-06-27, 08:53 PM
I've got a character concept in mind and a basic idea of the mechanics I'd like to play around with, but I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to make this work.

The character is a merchant who deals in souls. He travels frequently between the Lower Planes (especially Baator and the Abyss), the Outlands, and the Material plane to refresh his stock and conduct business with entities who are interested in using the souls of mortals for less than heroic purposes. He wields a thinaun weapon (CW) which he uses for the harvesting process.

Now, mechanically speaking I have 13 gestalt levels to fill. I want to use Spellwarp Sniper (CS) to modify Wings of Flurry and Frost Breath into automatic stun attacks to aid in hunting powerful souls. I'm also toying with the idea of making him a demon of some kind (probably an incubus or something of that ilk) but I don't know of any good demonic races or templates that give a decent CHA bonus and don't have a hideously large level adjustment for the bonuses they grant. If someone could help me make this work, I'd love to see what you can come up with. Bonus internets will be awarded to those who make good use of Incarnum or pact magic in the process.

Hamburgers
2011-06-28, 02:30 PM
More of general advice than anything, but bloodlines / uncanny or magical trickster can allow you to get your spellwarping all the way up to ninth level spells, and depending on your alignment, while we're mucking around with Unearthed Arcana and the like anyway, one of the paladins (Honor, Freedom, Tyranny, Slaughter) could give you Charisma to your saves and either healing or inflicting of damage based on that charisma. Assuming your base was a sorcerer for spellwarp sniper, the .... dragon mage? I think is the name, is a sorcerer style casting PrC which gives you some bonus feats from draconic sources, which gives you the nice draconic metamagic feat that lowers the adjustment of another metamagic by one. Combine with Easy Metamagic from Dragon Magazine to have fun toys like Quicken Metamagic which costs you only +2 slots XD.

EarFall
2011-06-28, 06:24 PM
I've got a character concept in mind and a basic idea of the mechanics I'd like to play around with, but I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to make this work.

The character is a merchant who deals in souls. He travels frequently between the Lower Planes (especially Baator and the Abyss), the Outlands, and the Material plane to refresh his stock and conduct business with entities who are interested in using the souls of mortals for less than heroic purposes. He wields a thinaun weapon (CW) which he uses for the harvesting process.

Now, mechanically speaking I have 13 gestalt levels to fill. I want to use Spellwarp Sniper (CS) to modify Wings of Flurry and Frost Breath into automatic stun attacks to aid in hunting powerful souls. I'm also toying with the idea of making him a demon of some kind (probably an incubus or something of that ilk) but I don't know of any good demonic races or templates that give a decent CHA bonus and don't have a hideously large level adjustment for the bonuses they grant. If someone could help me make this work, I'd love to see what you can come up with. Bonus internets will be awarded to those who make good use of Incarnum or pact magic in the process.

I would not make him a devil or a demon, if you want to be travelling to Baator and the Abyss. They kill each other on sight, limiting your options. Of the two, devils have far more to do with the soul trade than demons do. Demons do get souls, but they aren't the "currency" status that they are in Hell, and most Demons don't have the foresight to do much with the souls anyhow. Demon Lords and ones such as Succubus' and Incubus' are the exception, but there's still not much of a burgeoning market.

Either way, though, even though fluff wise devil would fit, I'd not do that either because that closes off the Abyss... and as for a demon, closing Baator for a soul trafficker is a death knell.