PDA

View Full Version : Buddy/Ignore Lists Not Working?

askandarion
2011-06-28, 12:21 PM
Hi, the Buddy/Ignore list function doesn't seem to be working- there doesn't seem to be any sort of response if I try to add someone, and I don't see any indication of having them visible (if I navigate to the list again, there's no list). I should be able to add someone's name, hit the button, and have a new box open below while maintaining the list of people I'm putting as buddies (or ignoring), right?

tonberrian
2011-06-28, 01:40 PM
Hi, the Buddy/Ignore list function doesn't seem to be working- there doesn't seem to be any sort of response if I try to add someone, and I don't see any indication of having them visible (if I navigate to the list again, there's no list). I should be able to add someone's name, hit the button, and have a new box open below while maintaining the list of people I'm putting as buddies (or ignoring), right?

I don't think so. Buddy list doesn't do anything period, as far as I'm aware. I heard it was never implemented. Ignore list works fine. You put someone on there, and when you look at their posts, you just see a message that they're on your Ignore list, and there's a button you can press to see the post anyways.

Strawberries
2011-06-28, 02:09 PM
I don't think so. Buddy list doesn't do anything period, as far as I'm aware. I heard it was never implemented. Ignore list works fine. You put someone on there, and when you look at their posts, you just see a message that they're on your Ignore list, and there's a button you can press to see the post anyways.

Sure buddy list does something. If you go to quick links --->open buddy list, it opens a window listing the people you have on the list. You can see who's online or send a PM more quickly this way. :smallwink:

askandarion
2011-06-29, 11:43 AM
Ok. The lists aren't working for me. I can't add anyone to either list. There seems to be no similar threads in the forum dealing with this technical issue. Could anyone provide advice?

Inhuman Bot
2011-06-29, 12:19 PM
For what it's worth, my rather extensive ignore list has gotten wiped for some reason, so it may not just be you.

askandarion
2011-06-29, 12:36 PM
Hrm. Then mayhaps I should just check things manually until we hear something further. Thanks!

Strawberries
2011-06-29, 02:55 PM
For what it's worth, my rather extensive ignore list has gotten wiped for some reason, so it may not just be you.

My buddy list works fine, and I just tried to add a poster on the ignore list and succeeded, so I assume the ignore list works fine, too. At least for me :smallconfused:. I'm on Firefox and Windows 7, if it helps.

arguskos
2011-06-29, 04:13 PM
My buddy list works fine, and I just tried to add a poster on the ignore list and succeeded, so I assume the ignore list works fine, too. At least for me :smallconfused:. I'm on Firefox and Windows 7, if it helps.
Both work for me as well, on Chrome. Sounds like a very specific bug.

Occasional Sage
2011-06-29, 05:13 PM
I added and removed a Playgrounder from my Ignore list yesterday; worked fine in Firefox.

askandarion
2011-06-30, 05:09 PM
Ok, it must be the browser then. IE7 was what I was using, but I didn't have an issue with Firefox. Thank you! I guess this thread can be closed down now.