PDA

View Full Version : How does Fist of the Forest interact with Frostrager?

raxies94
2011-06-28, 04:32 PM
Hello all. Some of you may have seen my previous thread about a bear warrior barbarian. After looking at everything, I'm going to try and do a fist of the forest/frostrager/bear warrior.

However, I have a few questions:

1. In the frostrager's entry, it says that unarmed strike do 1d6 and 1d4 cold. Will Fist of the Forest raise this to 1d10 and 1d4 cold?

2. If I'm reading frostrager's entry correctly, one two punch and rend can be used while not in rage. Is this correct?

3. Could you use One two punch and rend together to have a move action then three unarmed attacks?

4. When I turn into a large bear, will my unarmed damage go up accordingly?

That's all I can think of right now, however I might have more questions later. Thanks for any answers!

Zombimode
2011-06-28, 04:44 PM
2. Yes, thats what I read too.

3. There is no mention of the full attack option, so yes, it triggers at standart attack action too. So you would get two attacks at AB-2 plus your rend if both attacks connect (rend is not an attack, just additional damage).

Keld Denar
2011-06-28, 04:45 PM
1. FotF and Frostrager don't interact. Both set your UAS damage to a fixed value (unless you are a monk). Thus, you use whichever UAS damage is higher. Frostrager doesn't have ANY text stating that it would stack with anything, and doesn't reference the monk table. FotF reference the monk table if you have monk levels, but otherwise sets your UAS to a fixed value just the same as Frostrager does.

2. This is correct. You don't have to be raging to use 1-2 Punch or Rend, unlike some of the other abilities that only function when you are in a Frostrage.

3. No. You have to use a full attack action to activate 1-2 Punch. Think of it exactly the same as Flurry of Blows or Rapid Shot. If you got a second UAS attack that could be used during a standard action attack (such as from Snap Kick), you could trigger Rend in that round, yes.

Full Attack
If you get more than one attack per round because your base attack bonus is high enough, because you fight with two weapons or a double weapon or for some special reason you must use a full-round action to get your additional attacks. You do not need to specify the targets of your attacks ahead of time. You can see how the earlier attacks turn out before assigning the later ones.
Emphasis mine.

4. Yes. Reference the PHB for the tables on scaling weapons up for size. The Monstrous Manual also has tables.

Zombimode
2011-06-28, 04:52 PM
3. No. You have to use a full attack action to activate 1-2 Punch. Think of it exactly the same as Flurry of Blows or Rapid Shot. If you got a second UAS attack that could be used during a standard action attack (such as from Snap Kick), you could trigger Rend in that round, yes.

Hm, that SRD quote makes it clear. Well, the ability could have been better worded in Frostburn though.

raxies94
2011-06-28, 04:56 PM
Hm, that SRD quote makes it clear. Well, the ability could have been better worded in Frostburn though.

I agree. The text got my hopes up.

Sauron1209
2013-10-16, 05:28 PM
1. No, It does not stack by RAW, but you might be able to convince your DM that Frostburn is just poorly written.:smallwink:
2. This is correct.
3. One-Two Punch is Flurry of Blows under a different name. so no.
4. Yes. you can find the damage scaling in the phb, or if its relevant, a better table is in savage species.

Have fun being a polar bear!