PDA

View Full Version : Quick iPod Touch Question(s)

neco
2011-06-28, 06:29 PM
I am pretty sure this is the right topic if not I am sorry, anyway

So I have been considering buying an iPod Touch for a while now, but did not want to shell the amount of money for a new one, and I have a bias against buying these types of things used. A good friend of my told me today that he was wanting to sell his 3rd gen 32 gig Touch for a very reasonable price for the extremely good condition that it is in. Now here is my question, having never owned an iPod before is there much difference between 3rd and 4th gens besides the camera? And do most of the newer apps also work on the 3rd gen system? Any and all help is greatly appreciated for the iPod virgin that is me.:smalltongue:

Eldonauran
2011-06-30, 11:34 AM
Aside from the camera, there is just a minor difference in processing power. The newer generations tend to be faster and capable of handling more intense apps.

The differences are not usually that drastic and any apps that you do choose to purchase will tell you which generations they support before you buy.

All in all, I would recommend you buy it if you get a good enough deal. iPods can supply you with endless entertainment, depending on what you are into (movies/books/games/etc). And even more fun if you finally decide to jailbreak it and free it up to the world of 3rd party apps and modifications.

As an owner of an iPhone 3g and iPad 1, I highly recommend coming over to the dark side. :smallamused:

Hell, we have cookies AND an almost working port of Baldur's Gate 2 for a jailbroken iphone 4g and ipad. (just got to get the map interface working ... but so close!). Sadly, no support for previous i-devices due to lack of processing power.