PDA

View Full Version : Druid, master of forms, what next??

Aurenthal
2011-06-28, 09:53 PM
Ok, I have this druid, that will become a master of many forms (or at least I plan that) what should be the next class that it should take
Preferably a PrC. Thanks in advance!:smallsmile:

Morbis Meh
2011-06-28, 10:04 PM
Well.... I wouldn't recommend MoMF for a druid because you lose casting while progressing in it, if you want a good druid PrC I recommend Planar Shepard from Faiths of Eberron or Lion of Talsid from Book of Exalted Deeds.

Eldariel
2011-06-28, 10:06 PM
Ok, I have this druid, that will become a master of many forms (or at least I plan that) what should be the next class that it should take
Preferably a PrC. Thanks in advance!:smallsmile:

Well, while not a PRC, continuing Druid is still fine. You improve your buff spells and get access to Enhanced Wildshape on level 7. Druid 10/MoMF 10 is perfectly decent. Other options include Warshaper [Complete Warrior] to grant you a bunch of good stuff for Wildshaping, Nature's Warrior [Complete Warrior] for a different list and some Wildshape advancement, and perhaps complete with Fist of the Forests [Complete Champion] for miscellaneous goodies that work really well in Wildshape form (Con to AC, for example).

Gavinfoxx
2011-06-28, 10:08 PM
With Druid you want to take Druid, Druid, and More Druid. And never use alternative class features that trade away any of your class features.

Druid is JUST that awesome.

If you DO wish to intentionally nerf yourself -- to not overshadow everyone, for example -- then there are several ways to lower your power level as a Druid, like taking the Shapeshifting Variant, taking Prestige Classes that are not called "Planar Shepherd", not taking the feat "Natural Spell" at level 6, and various other options. Druid, unless nerfed, is often considered the most reliably powerful class in the game.

However, if you are interested in doing awesome things, just be a Druid.

If you want to be good at Wild Shaping, just be straight Druid, and take these feats:

Improved Natural Attack (Claw) (MM)
Multiattack (MM)
Natural Spell (PHB)
Exalted Wild Shape (BoED)
Dragon Wild Shape (Drac)
Frozen Wild Shape (Frost)

Also remember to always, 24/7, be in some Wild Shape Form from level 8 onward. There are plenty of ways to be able to talk in Wild Shape, including a Pearl of Speech in Magic Item Compendium for 600 gp or so. For the Core options, there's a Cursed necklace of Thought Projection in the Cursed Items section of the DMG or SRD.

WinWin
2011-06-29, 02:57 AM
Never trade away class features? The Dreamsight Shifter wants a word with you.

Never trade away Wild Shape.

Feytalist
2011-06-29, 04:11 AM
For a whildshape druid, both Warshaper and Nature's Warrior are good. A few levels of MoMF is also nice. I personally like the goodies given by Nature's Warrior more than Warshaper, but that's just me.

And after level 8 or so, it almost doesn't matter what your original race was. Perma-wildshape is the way to go.

For fun, the Ghostwise halfling has the Speak without Sound supernatural ability, for wildshape speech.

crazyhedgewizrd
2011-06-29, 04:40 AM
How do u want to play this character? how many MoMF levels do u want?