PDA

View Full Version : Charisma to AC

Axinian
2011-06-29, 12:31 AM
Does the Apparent Defense ability of the Arcane Duelist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a) stack with the AC Bonus of the Battle Dancer (Dragon Compendium)? They seem to technically be different abilities since they have different names, and they are worded differently, but I want to be 100% before I put my build together.

King Atticus
2011-06-29, 12:41 AM
Does the Apparent Defense ability of the Arcane Duelist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030224a) stack with the AC Bonus of the Battle Dancer (Dragon Compendium)? They seem to technically be different abilities since they have different names, and they are worded differently, but I want to be 100% before I put my build together.

IMO they would stack. They look like untyped bonuses to me. Even the reasoning behind each is different...trickery and force of personality vs. the captivating and confusing movements of the battle dance to evade her
foes' attacks.

Person_Man
2011-06-29, 07:55 AM
Yes. The Arcane Duelist's Apparent Defense is an unnamed bonus. The Battle Dancer's AC Bonus is an unnamed bonus. The class abilities also have different names. So they are clearly different sources, and the bonus types (unnamed) stack.

But I'm not sure why you would want to play a Battle Dancer/Caster/Arcane Duelist. I assume it's because you want high AC and Dexterous Attack for the bonus To-Hit. But there are much less convoluted ways of getting high AC and To-Hit.

Elasair
2011-06-29, 07:57 AM
Be a Nymph for Cha to AC again. I don't remember the bonus type though.

sreservoir
2011-06-29, 07:58 AM
gloura are more fun.

pilvento
2011-06-29, 01:54 PM
monk+sorcerer for asetic mage is a better idea than cloaked dancer if you want to get arcane duelist lvls.

Axinian
2011-06-29, 03:59 PM
But I'm not sure why you would want to play a Battle Dancer/Caster/Arcane Duelist. I assume it's because you want high AC and Dexterous Attack for the bonus To-Hit. But there are much less convoluted ways of getting high AC and To-Hit.

Oh it's just a silly one-shot gestalt game. Only one side has this stuff on it, the other side is basically just straight sorcerer with a prestige class I haven't decided yet.