PDA

View Full Version : Focused performance broken?

Socratov
2011-06-29, 02:34 PM
Focused Performance
[Bardic Music]
(DR338 p89)
Bardic Music class ability
Focused Performer
Concentration: 1 rank
Perform: 6 ranks
By spending one (or more) daily use of Bardic Music and making the indicated Perform check, you may
modify your Bardic Music in any of the following ways (though only one for a given use of Bardic
Music):
Accompaniment – spend 3 uses to perform two Bardic Music abilities simultaneously. Each round you
must make a Perform check vs. DC (20 + highest Perform ranks required) or both abilities end
immediately. You may end one of the Bardic Music abilities at any time and continue the other without
requiring any more Perform checks. Usable with all Bardic Music.
Dramatic Pause – spend 2 uses to stop an ongoing Bardic Music ability for 1 round (in order to cast a
spell, attack, etc.) and then resume it as if you had not stopped. Requires a Perform check vs. DC (20 +
Perform ranks required). Usable with Fascinate, Inspire Courage, Inspire Greatness, and Inspire
Heroics.
Harmony – spend 1 uses to make a Bardic Music that normally affects one target instead affect two.
Requires a Perform check vs. DC (20 + Perform ranks required). Usable with Inspire Competence,
Suggestion, and Song of Freedom.
Individual Performance – spend 1 use to make a Bardic Music that normally affects multiple targets
instead only affect one (cannot be you). This target receives 2x the normal bonuses / penalties.
Requires a Perform check vs. DC (15 + Perform ranks required). Usable with Fascinate, Inspire
Courage, Inspire Greatness, and Inspire Heroics.
Projection – spend 1 use to make a Bardic Music have 2x the normal area of effect. Requires a Perform
check vs. DC (10 + Perform ranks required). Usable with Countersong, Fascinate, Inspire Competence,
Inspire Greatness, Inspire Heroics, and Song of Freedom.
Rhythm – spend 1 use to make a Bardic Music that you have been performing for at least 3 round last
two extra rounds after you stop performing. Requires a Perform check vs. DC (10 + Perform ranks
required). Usable with Fascinate, Inspire Competence, Inspire Courage, Inspire Greatness, and Inspire
Heroics.
Riveting Performance – spend 1 use to make a Bardic Music affect all target in range that can hear you,
even if they cannot see you. Requires a Perform check vs. DC (15 + Perform ranks required). Usable
with Fascinate and Inspire Competence.

I have a question... if I use inspire courage while using the spell Harmony, with song of the heart and individual performance and harmony (in that order) will I get (minimum levell 6 because of feats, so inspire courage+1) (1(insp. courage)+2(harmony)+1(song of the heart))*2=+8 inspire courage bonuses on 2 people (assuming I have enough bardic music uses and I pass my skilchecks)? because that would totally knock bard in the top position for party buffer, giving +8 on attacks and damage on lvl 6... unless I'm doing it wrong...

also, If I use words of creation with it, how much would that then yield?