PDA

View Full Version : CHArchery

Flickerdart
2011-06-29, 04:12 PM
I've been thinking about the notion of a CHA-based ranged combatant. Since they are notoriously starved for damage, and Charisma is the easiest ability modifier to add to stuff, I figured it could work. So far all I have is:

Hexbands (MIC): 5/day, all attacks against a cursed creature for the round add your CHA to hit and damage.
Pros: Cheap! 3100gp means you can really stock up on these.
Cons: Hexblade Curse has very limited uses per day, and Hexblade kinda sucks.

Divine Might (CWar): Spend Turn Undead, all attacks this round add CHA to damage.
Pros: TU is pretty easy to come by.
Cons: Takes up a feat slot, requires 13 STR and Power Attack which are useless for an archer.

Bow of Song (MIC): As a swift action, spend a Bardic Music use to add CHA to hit and damage.
Pros: None, as far as I can see. Screw this item.
Cons: Can only use this once per round, bardic music is not that bountiful, expensive.

Charming the Arrow (Online): Replaces DEX for ranged to-hit with CHA
Pros: Unlimited uses.
Cons: Takes up a feat slot, must be Fey, does not solve damage problem.

Slippers of Battledancing (DMGII): When you move at least 10 feet, add CHA to attack and damage.
Pros: More damage is always nice.
Cons: Expensive, movement must be using a move action, replaces instead of adding.

Thurbane
2011-06-29, 08:40 PM
Not archery, exactly, but how about a Bloodstorm Blade/Iaijutsu Master? If you can pull off an Iaijutsu attack, you'll get CHA bonus to each Iaijutsu damage dice...

Person_Man
2011-06-29, 08:45 PM
Instead of a bow, you may just wish to consider blasting. The damage output is higher, and you get a lot more versatility. Dragonfire Adept, Binder, Sorcerer, etc.