PDA

View Full Version : Changeling mania!

RandomEnigma
2011-06-29, 08:04 PM
In an upcoming game the whole group is considering playing changelings as a group theme. That said, I figured I would post a thread in hopes of everyone posting all their cool changeling combo's/ feats/ builds etc. So we could pull from it!

Thanks in advance everyone!

Thurbane
2011-06-29, 08:31 PM
How about trying to build the most "adaptable" party possible?

Changeling Binder
Changeling Factotum
Changeling Rogue (with sub-levels)/Chameleon
Changeling bard/Master of Masks
Changeling Savant

subject42
2011-06-29, 08:44 PM
I think you can use changeling to qualify for warshaper.

This is good if you want to turn into an arbitrarily large number of tentacles.

Admiral Squish
2011-06-29, 08:52 PM
My favorite. I like to use hexblade to start this off, so you can get the shadow companion and the hexblade's curse to help with DCs. But you can use whatever you want. Full BaB helps, and try to make it cha-based.

1-4: Full-BaB Class
5: Warshaper 1
6: Warshaper 2
7: Cabinet Trickster 1
8: Mindspy 1
9: Cabinet Trickster 2
10: Cabinet Trickster 3
11: Cabinet Trickster 4
12: Cabinet Trickster 5
13: Mindspy 2
14: Mindspy 3
15: Mindspy 4
16: Mindspy 5
17: Warshaper 3
18: Warshaper 4

You only lose like, 3 points of BaB through the whole thing. Warshaper and Mindspy are both in Complete Warrior, and Cabinet Trickster is in Races of Eberron.

RandomEnigma
2011-06-29, 11:01 PM
Loving it so far!

Keep em coming everyone!:smallbiggrin:

Amphetryon
2011-07-01, 01:16 PM
Needs more Recaster. Changeling Wizard 5/Full Caster PrCs =10/ Recaster 5.

Fouredged Sword
2011-07-01, 01:20 PM
Enchanter wizard (with the ACF for skills) / Changeling thief ACF / unseen seer / dagger spell mage.

Bard / chamelion / ultimate magus.

Undercroft
2011-07-01, 03:46 PM
Needs more Recaster. Changeling Wizard 5/Full Caster PrCs =10/ Recaster 5.

how about Changeling Wizard 5 / Cataclysm Mage 10 / Recaster 5
Gives you pick'n'play dragonmarks as well for more disguise-y goodness in an eberron campaign.
"Yes I am totally a member of House Cannith and they fully agree with the liberal use of fireballs in this crowded street."

Also changeling binder is my favourite race/class combo.

Morph Bark
2011-07-01, 03:54 PM
How about trying to build the most "adaptable" party possible?

Changeling Binder
Changeling Factotum
Changeling Rogue (with sub-levels)/Chameleon
Changeling bard/Master of Masks
Changeling Savant

You forgot to mention Changeling Mystic Ranger with Sword of the Arcane Order and Trapfinding ACF.

Tokiko Mima
2011-07-01, 11:24 PM
Cabinet Trickster has already been mentioned, but I just thought it's worth mentioning that PrC again for Changlings. Taking the PrC for 5 levels gives you all the important abilities (and more!) of a Doppleganger, which if you took as a race costs 4 hit dice + 4 LA = 8 levels. :smallsmile:

FMArthur
2011-07-02, 08:13 AM
Chameleons, chameleons, chameleons.

Binder 5/chameleon 10 - you need the City Slicker feat (RoD) to qualify for the Disguise ranks requirement, though. I like Totemist better than Binder for this, but they need to acquire Disguise and Bluff... If the party is all chameleons you might just handwave it as a DM. Factotums need no such requirement, but honestly don't get much that is better than their own abilities out of the prestige class. The main benefit is a lot more low-level slots to act like a caster for longer, and the ability to cast divine spells and make creative use of unusual spell lists. That's sadly another problem with the chameleon: its noncaster focuses just suck, even compared to normal noncasting classes, so they wind up totally unused.

I hate recommending my own stuff, but the chameleon base class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90955) I homebrewed (and recently revised) really would be absolutely perfect for a party of changelings, and I think I remedied the noncaster focus problem to a reasonable degree. I believe Djinn and Tonic also made one, so you might want to check that out, too.